It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gang' of rhino poachers mauled to death by pride of lions after breaking into game reserve

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Someone just needs to feed this dentist (walter palmer) to the lions...after he killed the World's most beloved Cecil the lion as a trophy.

edit on 6-7-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull
I know, wrong thread but since you brought it up.
What was her motivation?..feed the village?..I somehow doubt it..I get it, the $$ go to conservation efforts.
Most people against this want to know what makes a person want to kill something they aren't putting in their freezer, such as a lion, giraffe, elephant..or a cape buffalo fer instance

edit on 6-7-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
1 for the pride. that should teach em' i hope the lions get nice gazzel's for treats.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Go ahead and doubt it. It changes nothing. African safari's are heavily regulated, and controlled. Hunter's don't get to shoot the first animal that crosses their path.

I would imagine that the would be hunter gets to choose what they're hunting...but that's about as far as it goes, in my understanding.

I don't like trophy hunting. Never have. I don't like controlled hunts in shooting farms, or whatever they're called...that's not hunting.

The out pouring of concern should be what this thread is ostensibly about...poaching. ...and the incredible damage that has done, is doing, and if it isn't stopped, will continue to do in the future.

How many White Rhino's are left? Three? All female? Why is that? Not trophy hunters, at least not for many, many years, it's poachers, and the Chinese medicine trade.

Many other animals face extinction due in no small part to, you guessed it, poachers.

Rather than waste your outrage on this woman who did this utterly within the laws of South Africa, how about instead, we concentrate on stopping poaching.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

right? that is one of the reasons why i will not eat anything that has eyes. matter of karma i guess.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

No worries, I despise poachers, I don't think trophy hunters are much better though.
Thanks for your 2c..it doesn't really answer my question though.
edit on 6-7-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Why do I think they were killed and fed to the lions?

The Phantom at work ?
May be on to something there

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: dragonridr

Ambush predators. It's possible...however unlikely it may seem.

Maybe but the other thing I'm betting people here don't know Is they now have to track down the lions and kill them. When lions figure out we are a source of food there is to many villages to leave them alive. Eating those people cost the Lions their lives.

Not if they are in a fence and a protected area..
It would be all the baddies fault
If they hadnt broke in , they would not have wound up as lunch.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Spader

If that was all that was going to happen, then yes...good riddance to bad rubbish.

But...that's not all that's going to happen. What happens to dogs that bite humans? They're destroyed, usually.

Well, man-eating lions. What happens? Those lions are doomed, barring some sort of miracle. What happens when those lions, realizing just how easy it is to kill humans, find a village full of yummy snacks?

The lions were in a fenced off preserve or open range preserve , not out hunting in the local village .

Comparing that with dogs that bite humans in the US are 2 totally different situations , as this did not happen in the US.

And , contrary to popular belief , some dogs in the US are returned to their owners

After the review by the judges , the ruling on the field stands.
Lions 3
Poachers 0

Now , back to the game

edit on 7/6/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: charlyv

Nature wins one.
Too bad that the poor giraffe that was recently killed, did not have a group of guard lions around.

You mean a safe space like you clearly need?

Nah, just justice when someone kills an animal for pleasure.

Im sure all the women and children it fed would disagree with your false narrative. But then again common sense aint so common
Comparing Poachers to guided hunts that are sanctioned by the areas they are hunting in that also improve herd populations and feed hundreds if not more in the area, is about is brianless as it gets

Please don't spit that crap at me, friend. There is cause and effect in every scenario. That does not undo the wrong of the intended pleasure of murdering a rare animal, as this was the primary incentive.

He thinks they were poaching rhinos to feed women and children.

Someone has an issue understand, no im referring to Charlyv's issue with the Giraffe that was shot, as per his post, you might scroll back and check out the actual conversation

I quoted exactly what you posted before you edited it.

I edited nothing, try again. I cant help you have an issue reading things context
try again

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

exactly, but apparently people cannot seem to figure that out. I have been lambasted on this thread for no reason, besides the reason people cant figure out how context works.
Disgusting.

Your post encapulates exactly what i was trying to convey

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Tell me, if you will, how is this lady shooting this giraffe, an old, and a bit problematic in his behavior towards the rest of the herd, effectively culling him from the herd, any different then the slaughterhouse where beef, pork, etc... are processed for our consumption?

Because they are endangered
Giraffe nearing extinction

Lets all eat a bald eagle.
Anyone killing a endangered nearing extinction animal is just pure filth...and their supporters.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Really? Youve heard of cecil the lion before the media told you how important it was? Come on now.
Official trophy hunting does more for most of these animals that anything else. As long a wealthy people want to pay the price of a small house to shoot a rhino, rhinos WILL be around. Wardens over there will clone the damn things if they need to, just for the hunt.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

No worries, I despise poachers, I don't think trophy hunters are much better though.
Thanks for your 2c..it doesn't really answer my question though.

Actually it does, you should look closer

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX Got a cold,hard fact for you-urban sprawl and folks building homes out in the country is killing vast amounts more animals,endangered and not,than all the hunters in the world are ever going to kill.The clear cutting in the jungles,the subdivisions,thats what will cause the animals to fade away into history.Just ask any long term hunter and they can name places that once held a large population of animals that now is covered in concrete.Hunters have spent more money and effort to preserve habitat and fight poachers than any other group of people.Every person who loves wild country should make a effort to put aside our differences and work to stop the over development of every acre someone wants to slap a mall or condo on.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod From what I understand the nearby villages are always given the meat from game that is killed ,except what is used to bait crocs or big cats.When countries banned big game hunting in Africa years ago the poaching really took off.Once the game wasn`t bringing hunters with lots of money they started killing everything they could sell.Personally I wouldn`t care to hunt Africa,except cape buffalo,perhaps,if I could bring home a freezer full of meat.I would love to see the country and take pics,though.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Good kitty cat..
I hope they did not have time to shoot

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: notsure1

My thinking exactly. Armed to the teeth, there’d atleast be some lion carcasses around too...

Not if the lions found them first.

How well do you think you'd be able to aim a rife while a lion is tearing your throat out?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

After reading about that hunter who killed a Giraffe the other week, I'm happy for the Lions!

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I looked into this slightly. It looks to me that humans that were on duty to protect the reserve were the actual killers. They then fed them to the hungry lions. And after the lions left the scene they finally called the authorities 24 hours later to make their report of which by the was synchronized amongst the workers.

That’ll learn ‘em.

One would think that there were more than just lions involved in the "disposal of the carrion" then...Let's blame the Hyenas!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join