It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to deal with TDS the classy way.

page: 1

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Actor James Woods fired by his agent.

This was his agent's message:

The talent agent, Ken Kaplan, said that he’d come to the decision to no longer represent the outspoken conservative star because he was “feeling patriotic.” “It’s the 4th of July and I’m feeling patriotic,” Kaplan wrote. “I don’t want to represent you anymore. I mean I can go on a rant but you know what I’d say.”

His response:

My response: “Dear Ken, I don’t actually. I was thinking if you’re feeling patriotic, you would appreciate free speech and one’s right to think as an individual. Be that as it may, I want to thank you for all your hard work and devotion on my behalf. Be well.”

I would just like to applaud James Woods for being a classy guy and taking the high road. It's something I wish more of us did. A great example.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
1. Does the manager still have rights to royalties from his past work? Will he Patriotically refuse that blood money?

2. James woods retired years ago, so whats there to manage? Virtue signaling.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't even have a twitter account, but check out his feed every day! Classy gentleman who loves his country and Constitution. A pillar of light compared to the rest of Hollyweird useful idiots who are hell bent on destroying that which made them filthy rich.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

That is as classy as saying "peace is the prize"..

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I took the high road the other day here on ATS after someone went low on me.

It was actually easier than I was expecting

No promises going forward though!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The talent agent, Ken Kaplan, said that he’d come to the decision to no longer represent the outspoken conservative star because he was “feeling patriotic.”

What country other than Communist China and North Korea, and Islamic theocracies to people get punished for their political beliefs ?

Because that sure the eff isn't AMERICAN patriotism.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
VIDEODROME (1983)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The talent agent, Ken Kaplan, said that he’d come to the decision to no longer represent the outspoken conservative star because he was “feeling patriotic.”

What country other than Communist China and North Korea, and Islamic theocracies to people get punished for their political beliefs ?

America, that's where...

If you're a Trump supporter, that is.

Who knew supporting your GD President in America these days would get you assaulted. Happens just about every day.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Actor James Woods fired by his agent.

This was his agent's message:

The talent agent, Ken Kaplan, said that he’d come to the decision to no longer represent the outspoken conservative star because he was “feeling patriotic.” “It’s the 4th of July and I’m feeling patriotic,” Kaplan wrote. “I don’t want to represent you anymore. I mean I can go on a rant but you know what I’d say.”

His response:

My response: “Dear Ken, I don’t actually. I was thinking if you’re feeling patriotic, you would appreciate free speech and one’s right to think as an individual. Be that as it may, I want to thank you for all your hard work and devotion on my behalf. Be well.”

I would just like to applaud James Woods for being a classy guy and taking the high road. It's something I wish more of us did. A great example.

James is an A-class guy. And with his stance on things, he just saved himself the hassle of having to weed out dirtbags hanging off his name.

edit on 5-7-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

My favorite Cronenberg movie.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Wait so now the agent is out of a job...
Who really fired who here?
Because seemes to me there would be fewer actors than agents in general. So essential this was a spoiled millennials way of quitting. Firing your boss...

Sounds about right with the crap I deal with from that generation on the daily.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

He's already been "blacklisted" as most conservatives in Hollywierd. I suppose it's nice to have an example to point at when you want to reference the intolerant left.

If the left doesn't want to be associated with this kind of attitude, someone might want to start to speak out about it. If they don't, it's kind of hard not to assume this is the trend that's selling.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Look, I like Woods and I agree with him often on politics... but I think in this era of PoundMeToo his history of dating (and being accused of hitting on) young females (those of the 17, 18, 19 year old variety) is more of a factor in his current Hollywood blacklisting. He's seen as a huge liability.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

James Woods and his tweets are the bomb - the bloke is a very cool customer, he is focused, sharp, educated and funny as flux. There are no people from that part of the world in the same league as him.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

What a great man & a great American

James Woods is the epitome of a perfect gentleman. Despite this "manager" falsely assuming the patriotic high ground (not even close), James still maintained his game face and decorum.

Two on me Mr. Woods

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

A great example of free speech and a free market at work. Win-win

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
James Woods isn't classy, he's a perv hitting on 16 year old females.

A talent agency is a business that doesn't need the heat from a pervert in its roster; bad for business!

variety.com...
edit on 6-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hum... I think a narrative is being pushed hard on ATS right now. 2 different threads about the made up Trump Derangement Syndrome on the most flagged part of the live feed... 2 different posts about how the only reason people oppose Trump is due to mental illness...

Nothing fishy going on at all...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Britain
Germany
Sweden
France

and others that have been assimilated under Islamic Jihad, maybe not punished but silenced and PC'd to death

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Only 19 posts after 10 odd hours. Obviously not enough triggering was done by choice of words used.

Civil discussion.

Well done OP

new topics

top topics

join