It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amesbury: Two collapse near Russian spy poisoning site

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
Not so skeptical about Russia lying because there is little if anything to gain if they did this. Seems like there is a lot to lose over this for Russia. BUT who does gain over this? Hmmm let me think, UK government for one.

But Russia has gained. The narrative of the Russian state-controlled media just before Putin's re-election helped in Putin increase the turnout, even though he was the only name on the ballot paper with a chance. Russia the "victim" and the "misunderstood" needs a real man, like Putin. All Russian "traitors" and potential troublemakers were reminded of Russia's ruthlessness and reach. That's one way to control disaffected security and political opponents. Another win for Russia. Yes, they lost a few diplomats and all that, but as they were already under a sanctions regime following their (continued) belligerence in Ukraine, there was not much additional the developed world could do.

The UK has gained nothing except the expense of sorting this out. Oh, and people dead and seriously ill. They're just footnotes.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Thank you for the personal input, muchly appreciated. I have the feeling that if it is a disaster by a government affiliated body or big business who makes large donations to political parties, then a cover up begins. If it is orchestrated by the government or affiliated bodies as, say, a false flag, huge and unending coverage to push the false story ensues. That is how I have seen things happen in the past. Also it is prudent to look to the lead up to any big incident, see who would really benefit from an incident, try and find out what is being carried out under the radar of the media during the huge coverage the media is giving to the incident and finally look to see what changes are proposed after the incident.

UK Column.org

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Surely people are starting to get sick of poisonings?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join