It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amesbury: Two collapse near Russian spy poisoning site

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am not even sure that the Russians were behind the other event.

But then you are not part of the criminal investigation and/or have access to the intelligence.

At the moment it's too early to tell what's gone on. However, at the end of the day who knows the motivations of Russia in all of this. Power corrupts, so they say. Just a little reminder.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Now been confirmed as Novichok:

Salisbury Journal

Hell of a shock! Last thing we need in Salisbury.

Maybe they picked up the container or whatever that was used on the Skripals that may have been discarded but really it's anyone's guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
watching the news this morning, my wife reckons one of these two might have been used by the Russians to deliver the agent to the Skirpals and this was an accidental contamination or a "clean up job" by their handler.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
They are now reporting substance as novichok and has anyone else noticed that amesbury is right next to RAF/ MOD boscome down Military airfield where both u.k and u.s classified aircraft are tested, just a thought.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I'm still putting my money on an accident or a deliberate attempt but by some crazy person from PD. Just never really thought the Russia story made sense.

The idea that Russia would do anything again is absurd, they're hosting the World Cup.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Does the river/stream run from PD at all? I don't know the area.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Maybe they found the container used in the Skripal attack - discarded?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
The idea that Russia would do anything again is absurd, they're hosting the World Cup.

Why is it absurd? The fact that they are hosting the football world cup is a good time, precisely because people think they would not do anything! Russia are anything but predictable and they have consistently challenged the accepted "norms".

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Well, since the news broke yesterday, its been stated by officials that they believe this to be another novichok exposure case.

If that is true, then one has to ask the following:

Is this a result of a separate release or use of the chemical, or is this exposure collateral from the first incident?

If it is collateral from the first incident, then why haven't the authorities locked down every single location where Sergei and Yulia Skripal were seen on the day of their exposure, and ordered those areas condemned for public safety, until all possible trace of the chemical has been painstakingly identified and removed from all the areas concerned.

If it is not collateral from the first incident, then just who were these people, to be targeted with a chemical of this nature? Could they have been involved in, or know something about the original case?

Furthermore, are the people of the area safe, or should they be thinking about investing in Hazmat gear and decontamination stations?

Last, what role have Porton Down had in all this?

Dem0nc1eaner, people are talking about Porton Down, but the media are VERY cagey about doing so. Everyone I am speaking to on the subject has some questions about the involvement and proximity of Porton Down, with these incidents, no one trusts the official account fully, even the most utterly indoctrinated, flag waving, faux patriots imaginable. One of the main questions remains, why try to off people with a nerve agent, right next door to a facility whose purpose includes the development of anti-toxins and effective treatments for exposure to chemical weapons, when a bullet to the head is more effective and efficient?

There are many questions to answer about this, but I fear that without someone either leaking the real story from within the government, or someone hacking it out of a government server, that we may never know what really happened, certainly not within a timeframe contemporaneous with the events themselves. However, I think its a pretty reasonable judgement call, to suggest the official line on these matters is about as trust worthy as a galleon made of chocolate digestives.
edit on 5-7-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I really really think it's accidental.

We can't admit that now after making such a stink about the first time. How stupid will we look if it is an accidental exposure or release, that JUST SO HAPPENED to affect some Russians with links to the KGB.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a complete Russian apologist here, but it never really added up to me before and now this, this tips my BS metre over the edge.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

However, I think its a pretty reasonable judgement call, to suggest the official line on these matters is about as trust worthy as a galleon made of chocolate digestives.

Have scrumpy? Will navigate.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If it is collateral from the first incident, then why haven't the authorities locked down every single location where Sergei and Yulia Skripal were seen on the day of their exposure, and ordered those areas condemned for public safety, until all possible trace of the chemical has been painstakingly identified and removed from all the areas concerned.

They did, perhaps you missed that? the Maltings was locked down for ages while they decontaminated.

My money goes on this couple finding the container used for the Skripal thing but it's all guesswork at this stage.

The proximity of Porton plays quite well for the Russians - you only have to look at all the folk on here who are going on about a "false flag".

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I just bought a 5 litre barrel of scrumpy. Just noticed it's 7.6%. Bloody hell!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Sounds about right!!

I have been banned from Old Rosie now. Don't know what it is about that particular cider, but it's my kryptonite. My wife has finally managed to enforce something on her banned substance list.

Seriously, it's as potent as Novichok and just as hard to recover from.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I love that Old Rosie.
It's made just up the road a ways.
You should try the Perry from Westons and the vintage stuff hits about 8.4 from there.
A mate used to make his own cider and sell it for a fiver a gallon.
One day, I was getting the barbecue ready with a pint of the stuff, I poured another once it was lit, then had a third waiting for the charcoal to go ashy, woke up 3 hours later to a stone cold bbq and an angry mrs plus a mild case of sunburn.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I do like a nice perry but I hardly see it anywhere in the midlands.

Scrumpy's are dangerous, they're flat and delicious. I actually don't think I would have any problem with Old Rosie if i could somehow manage to stay under 3 pints an hour, but the best laid plans of mice and men and all that...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Ah, yeah. I take it for granted living where I do. You don't have to go far before you see a sign for some farm made stuff round here.

If you ever find yourself in Herefordshire, try a meal at the Crown in Woolhope and make sure you have a glass of the King's perry they have on tap there. Absolutely the best perry I ever had.

(The food is amazing too)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Thanks for the suggestion. I see it's near the River Wye, is that navigable?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Most of it only by canoe. there are some stretches with boats on but in the main, it's a salmon river rather than a boating one.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A reply to: SprocketUK

Would love to take my narrowboat in the direction of Wales one day.... one daaaay!!

Back to the topic, chatter I have just heard from work is that the two WERE junkies and that they found the substance and either injected or snorted it, thinking it was drugs. Just hearsay at this point though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join