It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-God Movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
so would an anti-gay/muslim/women movie be ok too? or is free speech limited to bashing christians only?

Sure, people have the right to say what they please. If someone wanted to make a film that was against gays, Jews, whites, blacks, Indians,Holocaust denial, whatever...let them. I'm not being forced to watch the movie, nor are you.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

so would an anti-gay/muslim/women movie be ok too? or is free speech limited to bashing christians only?

fine by me, I won't watch it because it's of no interest to me but there are people out there who may share common beliefs. People have a right to their beliefs and to persecute or restrict them for it is wrong, and we see it happen too much in America and around the world today.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Theres all sorts of anti gay, anti muslim, anti female material out there. So? Who cares?

This petition has to be the funniest mload of crap Ive read in a while. Some real paranoid freak getting all worked up over some goofy new Age Alien cult.

What surprises me is that JZ Knight is still active and around. This goofy broad is still making loads of money channeling Ramtha. Shes a local chick too, She lives somewhere southeast of me.

I could really care less. So what if someone wants to bash god and christians. I do it all the time. Its a free country, after all.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

The seperation of church and state is one of the greatest advancements of modern society. In today's world you can't cater for one religion you gotta respect ALL religions and the only way you can do that is to keep religion reasonably out of government, keeping it secular so everyone is happy.

The only problem you are missing is our president and some other leaders have merged the two church and state at their convience to pacify the masses. Religous position is always viewed as wholsom even in athiest , a person like Bush who saw a problem then over came it behind the apron of the church to get out of the trouble, That is my point.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
There are many religions that teach that we are all "gods." As in, there is Divinity in us all - the Divine spark of God is present in every person - we, not Jesus, are responsible for our own salvation. I haven't seen the movie so I don't know exactly what this Ram-channeling person is saying, I am just going with the information presented in the petition and this is my take on it.

So kill the movie if you want to, you'll do nothing to change the religions themselves. How is the world really going to be a better place without this movie?

Better yet, if you don't like the movie just don't see it. If you think that you have figured out that the movie will allow Satan to take over your mind, then just be happy that you have outsmarted him once again. Why is it that so many people would outlaw every single thing with which they don't agree?

That petition is fairly entertaining though, now I have got to go see the movie!

Edited for clarity

[edit on 2/21/05 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
WOOPS! boo boo here...this is NOT DeltaChaos...this is TheRiverGoddess talking here.....I just forgot to log him off of my computor, and was replying to this thread.
SORRY BOARD MEMBERS! SORRY DC! woops......ANYWAY the folowing reply is from TheRiverGoddess.............VERY SORRY for wearing DC's clothes here I will change the log ASAP.

anti God

I have seen this movie, and it came off to me as a VERY God oriented film.....so I don't understand this statement AT ALL....

One of the makers of this film is Neal Donald Walsh, who wrote the series of books...'Conversations with God'.......and put forth throughout the film the Spiritual ideals a follower of God would attempt to attain.....
VERY MUCH a family friendly film, FULL of 'high ideals' in keeping with worship in your life.
The makers of this movie have now also put out a second film called 'Indigo' wich ALSO follows the theme of higher power and trusting in your inate ability to CONNECT to the scource.
I find THIS thread VERY ODD......

Have you ACTUALLY SEEN this movie? or are you making this statement from the POV of just skimming over the site about the movie?

Made BY athiests???
HARDLY......just the OPOSITE in not only my opinion, but in the opinion of the makers of these films. I bet they would be SHOCKED to say the least at finding THIS thread, and bewildered to say the least.
Anti-God????? Where did you get this idea from?

[edit on 21-2-2005 by DeltaChaos]NO NO edit by TheRiverGoddes to apaologise for waerin DC's ATS clothes WOOOPS! BAD BAD TRG!

[edit on 21-2-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
MORE apologies for the above post faux pau........I PROMISE that wont happen again.

ANYWAY....the above post is MINE not DC's...and I am standing by the statements made.

(sheesh DC's gunna see this on HIS ATS and go....WTF???......our opinions vary to say the least)

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
thebeastmovie.com...

Hey this movie is going to be released 6-6-6 and is about the idea that Jesus never existed I think people should be more worried about this.

[edit on 21-2-2005 by The_Final]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't see why people get into such a huff over films like this. It's a MOVIE. No movie, how much it tries to be based on fact is truly 100% factual. The Passion of the Christ argued one extreme. This film seems to be simply arguing another view point, and not even an extreme one. I've never seen the film, so I can't speak authoritatively on its content.

The way I see it, I boycotted The Passion because of it's rampant anti-semitism, and the fact that it truly missed the point of what the bible teaches (I'm not a Christian, I've just read the bible many times). This film provides another viewpoint, and is as legitamate a piece of film as any other out there. Religion is one of those things which people prove to themselves, yet there's not enough evidence on any single religion to prove it to others. Fact is, we don't know which, if any, is right. Just as Christians are allowed to express their views on things (even if it can be occasionally viewed as harrassment, depending on the argument, and the form which their actions take), so can anyone else. I don't believe in banning any form of media, be it written, filmed, photographed, or spoken. This country was founded on the belief that we can all express whatever views that we want. It isn't until one's beliefs physically harm another that it becomes illegal. A racist is free to speak on how much he hates other races. That's legal. The minute he strikes someone else because of those beliefs, it's illegal, hate crime legislation or not. That's just simple "right to the pursuit of life, libetry, and happiness."

You are more than welcome to boycott this film if you don't agree with it. Just don't expect everyone else to suddenly jump on your bandwagon because you claim it's "anti-god." Not all of us share your beliefs, and many of us want to form our own opinions. Nobody is wrong, and nobody is really right either.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
thebeastmovie.com...

Hey this movie is going to be released 6-6-6 and is about the idea that Jesus never existed I think people should be more worried about this.

Dear God no. It truely is the end of times.

The way I see it, I boycotted The Passion because of it's rampant anti-semitism

How exactly is it anti-semitic?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Just because we have freedom of choice doesnt mean the we as a society should allow something to be seen. Regarding belief, Im not worried about a movie for or against God, as sometimes we all learn lessons by being exposed to the extreme opposite.

We should caution ourselves in being exposed to things that might otherwise change our overall disposition or create images that we never forget. Once seen, difficult to forget. Just because you can view it doesnt mean you should. That is why we shield our children from certain types of things in the world that might damage their development.

I have been a media individual for a good portion of my life. However, I rarely watch TV. I can tell you that when I turn the TV on, its quite shocking to see people with guns stuck in peoples backs, at their heads or otherwise, and we somehow deem this entertainment? Im no whimp. Ive enjoyed, in my past plenty of Gory gun toting shootem up movies. But series where guns are continually being drawn on people to get them to comply tells me that we have lost the capability to communicate. Its the guns way or no way.

So choose your poison. Death and Violent movies, or there is no God movies. For me, a man can deny God, but if he walks in the way of what God wished from the onset, knowingly or not, he is given salvation. Its the intent, and the actions. Not the belief. For a man can believe that he is less then, a low life, and someone not worthy of note, but in truth he or she is a Gem. It was their self esteem.

The cap should be put on violence.
In the beginning, there was no word for war or hate. In the end, if man isnt carefull, it could be hate, oppression, and money, and no word for God.

Think about it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Just because we have freedom of choice doesnt mean the we as a society should allow something to be seen.

So, you're supporting censorship of anything that someone might disagree with? Read "1984" by George Orwell. This illustrates pretty well what could happen if we did censor things to that extent.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
To me it does sound more for religion than against it. A shift in consciousness? Doesn't sound like a new concept to me. Charges money? How unchristian! We are all gods? Crowley and his ilk had this idea years ago. Evil subliminal messages? Please. Just sounds like an new slant on an old concept to me. "give me your money!" I wouldn't be suprised if the movies makers started this petition. Oh and the ram, in Christian iconography, had a protective significance.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Just because you can view it doesnt mean you should. That is why we shield our children from certain types of things in the world that might damage their development.

I had this discussion years ago with some younger guys that worked for me in my engineering department and they told me that there wasnt anything I could show them that would bother them. I warned them.
I personally fell victim to an old short black and white 1 minute movie of a man getting his throat cut from the spine forward on the internet. It tramatized me. I never wanted to view it again. But I wanted to warn others of the dangers as well as the lesson I learned.
I told my guys what it was. They were all laughing, and saying I was over reacting. And when I played it, their faces went white.
They said to me....man. Ill never be able to forget that. How can I unlearn that? I lied to them and told them it was fake, knowing full well it wasnt.

Isnt that the lesson of eden? Just because the apple was there for you to eat, doesnt mean you should. And by the way, once they ate of it, there was no turning back. This is the parallel of what we are talking about.

Peace

[edit on 21-2-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
HIFIGUY, I saw that same video in almost the same kind of situation, and had the same reaction, made me sick to my stomach. Never want to see it again, ever! Couldnt watch the "faces of death " series either. I just think that if they were trying to get out a satanic message they would either be more obvious or less obvious about it. I really don't think the satanists need to recruit in this way. Sounds like some new age cult capitalist to me, but I haven't looked for RAMTHA on Google yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
thebeastmovie.com...

I found the movie trailer intriguing as fiction , but I cant see where the movie based on what I saw seems to be a threat right now , alot of huey paluey like this exists and I no more take it serious as I would the teenagemutant ninja turtles cartoon my kid watches.\\

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Just because you can view it doesnt mean you should. That is why we shield our children from certain types of things in the world that might damage their development.

I had this discussion years ago with some younger guys that worked for me in my engineering department and they told me that there wasnt anything I could show them that would bother them. I warned them.
I personally fell victim to an old short black and white 1 minute movie of a man getting his throat cut from the spine forward on the internet. It tramatized me. I never wanted to view it again. But I wanted to warn others of the dangers as well as the lesson I learned.
I told my guys what it was. They were all laughing, and saying I was over reacting. And when I played it, their faces went white.
They said to me....man. Ill never be able to forget that. How can I unlearn that? I lied to them and told them it was fake, knowing full well it wasnt.

Isnt that the lesson of eden? Just because the apple was there for you to eat, doesnt mean you should. And by the way, once they ate of it, there was no turning back. This is the parallel of what we are talking about.

Peace

You hit the spot! Satan is trying to do with us exactly what he did with Adam and Eve, sell us the forbidden knowledge of God in exchange for our soul! Yes, this movie is allowed its freedom of speech to be shown, but YOU won't have your freedom of choosing the right path because everything will be lost. The movie is your first step to taking the wrong path, and sooner or later, you WILL end up buying their DVDs that teach even more subliminal messages. And to answer to the comment on "The Beast Movie". No, that is one of many evil movies to come counter the good ones, but it's not as dangerous as "What the Bleep Do We Know?" because it will not take your soul!

www.petitiononline.com/12854569/petition.html

[edit on 23-2-2005 by IndigoChild15]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join