It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-God Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know?"? It IS in my opinion Anti-God, check out this petition that explains it all: www.petitiononline.com... .

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well, its only fair that an anti-god movie is made. You know, after that whole passion thing. Mind you...mel gibson was soooooooo brave for doing that movie. He harldy had any support at all!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
True, but it's up to the truely faithful to fight all that evil going on in the media, uhh!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yeah, tell me about it. I hate the darned evil media..(no joke)

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is terrible. The atheists are ruining this country.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Oh, those darned athiests too...... Darn them all!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't see what the problem is. Everyone has the right to freedom of speech (for the moment at least), so if someone is allowed to make a "god is all powerfull bow down and worship him as your master" movie, why isn't another person allowed to make a "god is a load of tripe and you need to take responsibility for your own actions" movie. No-one is forcing you to watch or believe that god does or doesn't exist. Different people, different ideas.

Christianity is all about love, forgiveness & tolerance (although you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise), so why bag out an anti-god film if you're a god fearing christian? That isn't really living upto what being a christian is all about is it?

... and cue the god vs athiest flaming *grabs the popcorn & settles back for the show*

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Really there's already loads of "anti-God" movies. Any movie
that condones violence or doing evil is actually unGodly.
Lots of crap now on television that can pollute the mind (espec-
ially young ones) into thinking it's okay to be "bad".

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
There are a ton of Anti-God movies, but I believe this is the worst, not because of violence or anything like that, but because of the subliminal messages it holds.

www.petitiononline.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble but everybody has the right to freedom of choices and everybody has the right to go and see the movie or not, is your choice and nobody is forcing you.

And sorry but nobody tells me what to see or not and I still have not find anyone to even tried.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Really there's already loads of "anti-God" movies. Any movie
that condones violence or doing evil is actually unGodly.

Doesn't that include just about every religious reenactment or minded film as well?

mrq

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndigoChild15
......It IS in my opinion Anti-God, check out this petition that explains it all: www.petitiononline.com... .

Or....see the movie and *cough*, form your own opinion.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't see this as an anti-God movie. As a Christian, I find a lot of the topics in this movie as very insightful and mind opening. It doesn't take away my belief in a God.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
it's cool to believe in god.
it's way not cool to tell other people what to believe. my research shows that the bible has been used as a load of propoganda.
let's ban ben hur and the greatest story ever told while we're at it. and sacrifice some animals over acadia wood.
let's stone some sinners. public stoning is cool. your slaves or mine? mary the harlot or mary the rich line of david egyptian mystery school chick?
the real book is hidden and the right enochian templates need to be applied. francis bacon communicated with enochian angels and they showed him the key to bring the end. then the four pillars will crumble, and the apocalypse will arrive. should be cool. stuff is cool. we're pretty much fodder.
just an alternative view for ya. they don't have secret societies for nothing, you know.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So what? If Mr.Gibson can make a movie about the final hours of Jesus, why can't some people make a movie that questions God or goes against him? You don't have to watch it at all, you don't even have to acknowledge the fact that it exists.

So how 'bout we create a Christian society where we censors "anti-God" material, and execute the non-beleivers?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Well, its only fair that an anti-god movie is made. You know, after that whole passion thing. Mind you...mel gibson was soooooooo brave for doing that movie. He harldy had any support at all!

Well didnt have much support from the Major Studios because they didnt want to make or fund the movie. That tends to be a big problem when you want to make a movie. So he made it with his own money.

But really what did he spend 33 million of his money and made well over a 100 million. So if the studios thought it was too risky or wouldnt make money they were wrong either way.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

The worse part about is they are lying and saying they are religious to get into power and when that power is about to be taken away. However when they are safe in their power they revert back to the position of no God , No Faith , etc. and pull at every aspect of God and the faithful even attacking things such as mear words to avoid on a piece of stone in order to eliminate God and his faithful.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

I would say it is the self-rightious, judgmental people who are ruining it. Some of the kindest, most loving, people I have ever known are atheists. People who would make such inane statements, are what divide and destroy a country.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
so would an anti-gay/muslim/women movie be ok too? or is free speech limited to bashing christians only?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
The worse part about is they are lying and saying they are religious to get into power and when that power is about to be taken away. However when they are safe in their power they revert back to the position of no God , No Faith , etc. and pull at every aspect of God and the faithful even attacking things such as mear words to avoid on a piece of stone in order to eliminate God and his faithful.

The seperation of church and state is one of the greatest advancements of modern society. In today's world you can't cater for one religion you gotta respect ALL religions and the only way you can do that is to keep religion reasonably out of government, keeping it secular so everyone is happy.

Originally posted by duh squared
I would say it is the self-rightious, judgmental people who are ruining it. Some of the kindest, most loving, people I have ever known are atheists. People who would make such inane statements, are what divide and destroy a country.

exactly, what I have found throughout my life is that people who place their faith in eachother and in humanity are some of the nicest human beings out there while some of the christians I know are just downright not nice people and it seems that their interpretation of faith helps it.

Just have a look at some of the evangelical's on this board, some of them say some pretty evil things and use their interpretation of faith to back it up.

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 20-2-2005 by drfunk]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join