It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Done Watching Taken by Steven Spielberg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So I'm really into ufology.

I've just come across this amazing TV series, I'd never heard of it before and I've loved every minute of it though I'm nearly finished and looking for recommendations of similar things to watch?

I'm only 27 so stuff like the x-files predates me by quite a bit. I have an amazon prime membership and have tried watching the first season but some of the stories just border on the complete absurd and ridiculous and I've struggled to get into it. I don't know what the newer episodes are like and whether or not I should stick with it?

Has anyone seen Taken? Are there any other film or TV series like it?

Does anyone else have any recommendations of content that someone with an avid interest in ufology would like?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I haven't seen it, but I would like to.
Did you buy the DVD or do you see it with your Prime Membership where we see it without charge?

At any rate I will keep an eye out for it, thanks for the suggestion.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

I managed to pick it up on eBay for £9 around $11.87 which is great value considering it's a six-disc set; in my opinion anyway.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: R1CK3O

Ancient Aliens bro!!!!

I kid, I kid...I think it's slim pickin's my friend.

I watched Patient Seventeen (removal of 'alien' microchips) on Netflix a while ago - it's a documentary. It held my attention, but I have the same question... where is all the quality UFO sh*t??

Also, I just sent you a PM.
edit on 3234x6732America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Have you seen "fire in the sky"??

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: R1CK3O
a reply to: recrisp

I managed to pick it up on eBay for £9 around $11.87 which is great value considering it's a six-disc set; in my opinion anyway.

Ohhh, O.K., I'll see what I can find.
Thank you!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Does anyone else have any recommendations of content that someone with an avid interest in ufology would like?

Paul
edit on 3-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Ancient Aliens bro!!!! I kid, I kid...I think it's slim pickin's my friend. I watched Patient Seventeen (removal of 'alien' microchips) on Netflix a while ago - it's a documentary. It held my attention, but I have the same question... where is all the quality UFO sh*t??

I need to get them on box set, I think I've seen a lot of the good episodes but might be worth me making my way through them again.

I've seen patient 17 I wasn't really impressed, it was more the ending, it kept me wanting.

I agree there's not a lot of NEW stuff out.

There are some good docs coming out later this year that I'm aware of.

There's the documentary about the Ariel School in Ruwa Zimbabwe sighting, where all the kids witnessed alien beings, that looks very, very promising Ariel Phenomena the documentary is called:

www.arielphenomenon.com...

Also, there is a documentary in December? coming out that is all about Bob Lazar and he's given exclusive interviews in it.

So there is some good stuff coming out it's just in drips and drabs

Have you seen "fire in the sky"??

Yes, the film wasn't amazing to drawn out and the encounter and alien bit (the interesting stuff) was few aand far between and according to Walton it's not at all accurate. I've been meaning to read the book for a more accurate view but it's IMPOSSIBLE to get here in the UK if someone could get it me from the USA I'd be so grateful.

Anyway, interestingly, I met and had my photo taken with Travis Walton just a couple of weeks ago as he was at a UFO conference here in Manchester.

I had to share that because was a super cool moment for me.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Paul

I'm not getting anything on my end here says an error occurred and video wont play.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Linked it at the bottom.

Paul

Youtube was being contrary.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Wait til the aliens use ray beam and levitate the White House at the end. Its awesome!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Linked it at the bottom.

Paul

Youtube was being contrary.

Haha Paul is one of my faves in the comedy genre anyway
love it

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
www.imdb.com...

Dark Skies

edit on 3-7-2018 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Threshold was a fantastic series but only had one season sadly, not because of the show but network politics. Great premise, acting and has Peter Dinklage being Tyrion before there was a Tyrion!
Falling Skies was a really good series too with a human militia fighting an alien takeover of earth.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I purchased this on a whim and really enjoyed it!

It's based on a novel by Arthur C. Clarke.

Childhood's End is a 1953 science fiction novel by the British author Arthur C. Clarke. The story follows the peaceful alien invasion[1] of Earth by the mysterious Overlords, whose arrival begins decades of apparent utopia under indirect alien rule, at the cost of human identity and culture.

Wikipedia regarding the novel

I'm also enjoying The Expanse-

I can't believe how much garbage SYFY puts out, only to cancel what was, in my opinion, their best current show. But I believe Amazon picked it up for their 3rd season.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Ive never seen Dark Skies the series but Ive watched Dark Skies the movie a few times. THAT is a good movie
youtu.be...

Cant post YT vids from my phone.

Also, a lot of people didn’t like it because it tried to fool people into thinking it was actual footage but The Fourth Kind freaked me out the first time I watched it

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Taken was pretty awesome. I saw a mini series once where Aliens come to earth solve all of earths problems. Then reveal themselves they are the devil. Horns hooves and everything. They are here to end life on earth and restart it. Can't think of the name.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This isn't alien based it's called The lost room. It's a story about this hotel room that these scientists did an experiment in. Different objects from the room have special powers. So these waring groups are trying to accumulate as many of the objects as possible. This police officer stumbles on to the room key. Which allows you to open any door and go where your thinking. It's good.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
My spouse & I really enjoy Colony. It's kinda drawn out, and only a little bit of actual alien time so far, but we're digging it. It's pretty much the only tv we watch these days.

www.imdb.com...

www.usanetwork.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
www.imdb.com...

Dark Skies

Yeah, absolutely, wanted to leave something about this great but never finished series too, glad that somebody else knows it, almost nobody knows it, not even "UFO-freaks"

The series presents the idea that 20th century history as people know it is a lie. It depicts aliens having been among humans since the late 1940s, with a government cover-up concealing their existence from the public. As the series progresses, viewers follow John Loengard and Kim Sayers through the 1960s as they attempt to foil the plots of the alien "Hive". The Hive is an alien race that planned to invade Earth through a manipulation of historical events and famous figures, including most notably the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. In addition, the pair must stay one step ahead of Majestic 12, a covert government agency that has mixed motives. The show depicted a number of real-life 1960s personalities in the plot, such as The Beatles, Robert F. Kennedy, Jim Morrison, and J. Edgar Hoover.

Wiki

top topics

<<   2 >>

join