It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? Is this the most epic troll yet or is this real?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
OK, check this little humdinger out - this is a little crazy, and massively funny, if true.

Axios has obtained a leaked draft of a Trump administration bill — ordered by the president himself — that would declare America’s abandonment of fundamental World Trade Organization rules.

Why it matters: The draft legislation is stunning. The bill essentially provides Trump a license to raise U.S. tariffs at will, without congressional consent and international rules be damned.

The details: The bill, titled the "United States Fair and Reciprocal Tariff Act," would give Trump unilateral power to ignore the two most basic principles of the WTO and negotiate one-on-one with any country:

The "Most Favored Nation" (MFN) principle that countries can't set different tariff rates for different countries outside of free trade agreements;
"Bound tariff rates" — the tariff ceilings that each WTO country has already agreed to in previous negotiations.
"It would be the equivalent of walking away from the WTO and our commitments there without us actually notifying our withdrawal," said a source familiar with the bill.

Axios

Also know as The FART Act - a 'leaked' bill from the Trump admin modifying relationships with the WTO over tariffs.

I don't know why I'm laughing, but this made me nonetheless. Is this a troll attempt which also has an added bonus of rooting out a leaker?

What say you ATS???

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A. I hope it's real so I can laugh
B. the left is going to cry about this for more than a week before they lose focus
C. this is actually a good thing though if we can negotiate 1 on 1, that gives us the leverage back

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Lol psychopathic globalists from around the world collectively just shat themselves...

How is their Fascist Multinational control of the worlds economies/resources supposed to function if the US walked away from the WTO!?!?!?

Ah this is Gold Medal Trolling at the least and if completely legit this would be a huge victory not only for America, but the world!

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmMonday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Please let this be real...

I NEED for this to be real, lol.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't think it's a troll at all.
This is definitely Trump style all the way.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Sounds like it would be a good deal for the U.S.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think Trump should deal with foreign countries like Trump haters have 'tried' to deal with Trump.

How about that bowl full of coup apples?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That is a rather hilarious stalking horse! Almost as ridiculous as a Space Force! Watch this space for updates!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I don't think it's a troll at all.
This is definitely Trump style all the way.

Yeah...he always makes his opening postition of any negotiation, Yuge and Over the Top. I would say it borders on trolling....but, I think it is purposeful and in fact trolling is one of his better SunTzu tactics.

Maybe he is the first light-side guy to weaponize trolling for the White Hat contingent!

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The fart Act..

I envy my children's and grandchildren's history books

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What with satellite drones and the amazing vantage orbit provides, we would be foolish not to be ready for someone mucking about above us.

"Space force" is silly sounding, but the day for them is coming... would NASA be militarized, or would that be put in the scope of the Air Force?

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sounds sensible. All countries should be able to agree on deals independently with each other. The EU especially shows just how ridiculous it is trying to get around 30 countries to agree on a deal - ends up with so much compromise that no one wins.

Globalist organisations impinging on national sovereignty need to be wiped out.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Please let this be real...

I NEED for this to be real, lol.

It's real. It just isn't the main trick. The Black hats have plans A through C. They are always prepared for every single contingency. Insurance back-up even for plans that have no chance to go awry....(See Hillary Election Sure Thing)

They just did not foresee Plan D. An insider who is a patriot, who gets recruited by the best and brightest white hat military minds. IMO, he is the best Talent/Front Man/Face guy, they could have chosen.

Fun fact aside: Donald Trump, personally....not through a shell company...trademarked the Phrase "Make America Great Again"...in 2012.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Sounds like it would be a good deal for the U.S.

I know. Weird, huh?!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think the whole thing stinks!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A leaked draft, eh?

True humor in its most concentrated form would be for this to be held until after the armadillos' heads explode upon realizing their November blue wave never made it to shore, then to have the FART Act introduced in a Congress even more willing to back Trump than before. I think I'll buy some popcorn stock...

Armadillos are funny to watch when they glimpse a peek at reality.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The guy knows business and the negotiation thereof.

Do it do it.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
The fart Act..

I envy my children's and grandchildren's history books

I can't wait to read it, to them....and go off on long anecdotal side-bars about living it....and having them be fairly patient with me, for awhile...until they finally say, "Grandpa. Read the book!"

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Never heard of Axios. Their web site loads slower than ATS. Gave up waiting.

I'm more worried that someone would leak this information than the information itself. If our leaders are drafting bills, what makes someone think they can leak it? That's a significant breakdown of the process. It looks like the house cleaning still isn't over.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
A. I hope it's real so I can laugh
B. the left is going to cry about this for more than a week before they lose focus
C. this is actually a good thing though if we can negotiate 1 on 1, that gives us the leverage back

On your point C (the only real one) just how will 1 on 1, as you say negoitation be a good thing for the US?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join