It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? Is this the most epic troll yet or is this real?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

since when has a victory for those at the top been a victory for anyone else ?

edit on 3-7-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm sure from a business perspective it probably would be good for the US... .......and yet I realise that the problems of the world need to be dealt with in a manner above and outside of the realm of business.

A man who is a true genius in business creates deals that make both sides prosper
edit on 3-7-2018 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

as I said, the citizens wont benefit from this in anyway in reality !

on paper it looks good for the US and its citizens , but we are suffering a global delusion to think
that any deal no matter how appealing for the citizenry , will not benefit us directly in any way what so ever!

see the complete political history of earth as a reference !

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I agree..the USA just needs to take care of the USA .screw policing the world. We got our own issues caused by trade tariff n tax differences . way good thing for us. We used to not put up with bullies and punks.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Sounds to me like Trump is simply trying to isolate the U.S. from the rest of the world, one agreement at a time. It's funny how he has convinced his followers that NONE of the agreements the U.S. is part of, in any way actually benefits the United States.

He is a fool if he really think the U.S. can go at it alone in today's world. Every time he pulls out of another agreement or deal, his constituents chime in "Yup.. sounds like a great idea!".. although they probably have very little knowledge of the actual inner-workings and complexities of these agreements, both in the technical sense, as well as the diplomatic sense.

He wants the U.S. to be a recluse, and his followers are going along for the ride.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

WTF? Is this the most epic troll yet or is this real?

What about neither?
I think it is neither.

I think it is a deliberate leak that is intended to intimidate the US's trade partners by showing that Trump is very much prepared to take action if the terms for American businesses in the EU as a whole is not improved.

Let me give you my humble analysis:

Yes, I think it is minded at the EU mostly. Or even specifically. The leak shows that he wants to be able to make deals with individual countries.

That should scare those in favor of the EU. See the European Union is more split than united at the moment - and has been for a while - and should Trump be able to negotiate just a few individual trade deals, he might be able to divide and conquer.

Say Trump got Britain on board. Britain is already leaving the EU, which is bad enough, but a US-British trade deal would mean losing Britain as an ally in the WTO too. That is the nightmare scenario for the EU. Right now that is not a possibility, but if some version of the leaked proposal should be passed by Congress, it very well could. Trump can even afford to give Britain a good deal - they are Europe's biggest net importer of US goods.

Everyone in the EU is painfully aware that Britain with brexit in mind has the most to lose on a trade war with the US, and thus has the greatest incentive to make a deal. And if they do, the question then becomes, will another country make deal? Will even more?

Anyway, the point is that if the leak is seen as legit (and especially of the the proposal is seen as passable), it could serve as an incentive for Europe to come to the negotiating table.

And wouldn't that be sweet for Trump?

edit on 3-7-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

"Space force" is silly sounding, but the day for them is coming... would NASA be militarized, or would that be put in the scope of the Air Force?

Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins were all military. NASA's origins were military. A large chunk of all satellite payloads were military.

Bit late to lock the gate on that one

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The Trollmeister In Chief at Work..........

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Because our hands will finally be untied. We've basically faced off against An entire world looking to kick us in the nuts for the Last several decades by first donning a straitjacket before sallying forth to do diplomatic or economic combat.

At this point the rest of the world has forgotten what a great power willing to play the stick and move game looks like, and actually has the temerity to be OUTRAGED at a US government actually looking to get a good deal for the United States and or her citizens!

edit on 3-7-2018 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Yes because the deal we get from the rest of the world is just so F***ing marvelous!!!

Now if you mean he's trying to isolate us from the several decades of self hamstringing that makes sure we come out the loser on every deal, oh yeah sure that's exactly what he's doing!

I don't know why you or anyone else would see this as a bad or unexpected thing though in light of how much love respect admiration gratitude and or latitude such voluntarily self limitation has gotten us in return though honestly.

Just because you're born in America doesn't mean you have a stupid tattoo applied to your forehead at birth after all. Eventually this was bound to happen.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If its real, then Trump is the best president we had in over a century.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

We all know it's fake, keep it in jokes.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Sounds to me like Trump is simply trying to isolate the U.S. from the rest of the world, one agreement at a time. It's funny how he has convinced his followers that NONE of the agreements the U.S. is part of, in any way actually benefits the United States.

He is a fool if he really think the U.S. can go at it alone in today's world. Every time he pulls out of another agreement or deal, his constituents chime in "Yup.. sounds like a great idea!".. although they probably have very little knowledge of the actual inner-workings and complexities of these agreements, both in the technical sense, as well as the diplomatic sense.

He wants the U.S. to be a recluse, and his followers are going along for the ride.

Well said! Very true!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here's a map of WTO disputes, if anyone is interested.

www.wto.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

That's cutting off the Bilderbergers for sure who are snatching the top of the cream for way to long..

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
One thing you are all forgetting, the petro dollar.

If you think you are immune to pushback, you're wrong. You all rant and rave about how raw a deal you are getting on the world market, but I suspect very few if you could name one thing you are being wronged over without googling it. Blind, Trumpian lemmings.

I propose the world say 'enough' and threaten to move oil trade to the euro or yen. That would scare the bejesus out of you all. You complain about getting the short end of the stick, all the while having the single largest financial benefit of any one single country in the world. Spoiled children.

edit on 4-7-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Perfect fake Headline News "Trump uses white privilege to FART in public"

Second line

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

While it doesen't ring true for me this time, IMO, its only ever a matter of time before the president of the US gets these sorts of powers..

When a ball rolls across the floor we can get a pretty good idea of its trajectory and if it keeps going we can make reasonable assumptions about where it will end up.

This is why I say it wont be too long before the president of the US will soon be able ignore, and then some time later, wipe away almost existing constraints on the office of 'president.'

As an exercise; compare the conduct and behaviour of the presidents in the 1800's with the conduct of the presidents of the 1950's onward.

The attack on Pearl Harbour was allowed to happen. - "The question was how should we maneuver them into firing the first shot. It was desirable to make sure the Japanese be the one to do this so that there should be no doubt as to who were the aggressors."- Henry Stimson Secretary of war.

The Secretary of Defense, of the US at the time of the lead up to the vietnam war, Robert S. McNamara, claimed two U.S. destroyers were fired on by the North Vietnamese but In the 1980s he admitted this never happened.

With his kind of behaviour becoming a president who choose to obey or not obey the US law will soon be upon us I fear.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Question for you..

Why is it ok for say the EU to tarrif US products out of competition with EU products, but its horribly evil and reprehensible for the US to push back with Tarrifs?

Note I am not saying what he is doing is awesome and wonderful and we will all have 40 acres a mule and a chicken in every pot.. but the fact that some countries are crying about his tarrifs, and at the same time have pushed US products almost completely out of their market seems a tad hypocritical to me.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join