It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Laser AK-47, no more bullets !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

The black world really isn't that far ahead in every area, and in quite a few areas you'll find more advanced equipment in a university lab.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Think there is some talk of black ops teams utilizing some form of incapacitation sick gun that works via LED emissions.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Think there is some talk of black ops teams utilizing some form of incapacitation sick gun that works via LED emissions.

It’s a glorified nauseating strobe light of different colors...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Could be fun at parties all the same.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Could be fun at parties all the same.

In my age I’m getting less and less inclined to drink to the point of praying to the porcelain god, I must be getting boring.

Not to get to far off topic but what all AIO water cooler is that? I’ve never heard of a Palit branded VGA card, never even heard of that brand, I’m guessing it’s not common in the states? I’m curious where you’re located and what your build is PM me the answer(s) if you wish.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I'm 43 this month, to be honest, the hangovers just ain't worth it these days.

Don't know if its so much getting boring as just knowing better. LoL

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

There's puke lights.... Oh God they work too!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I love learning... My job is basically to learn. I feel super fortunate every day to get to do what I do too.

I'm also a hard core died in the wool chemical propellants and mass on target kinda guy. I've played with lasers too much to trust the little bastards LMFAO.

"RT the laser's being F***Y!" is basically the bane of my existence at this point... People say laser and I just shake my head and utter FML with feeling.

*Deep breaths*

It's ok though because I'm at a little over 18 hours until I get to try n set the sky on fire...

Have a happy fourth of July people!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Happy 4th of July.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I love learning... My job is basically to learn. I feel super fortunate every day to get to do what I do too.

I'm also a hard core died in the wool chemical propellants and mass on target kinda guy. I've played with lasers too much to trust the little bastards LMFAO.

"RT the laser's being F***Y!" is basically the bane of my existence at this point... People say laser and I just shake my head and utter FML with feeling.

*Deep breaths*

It's ok though because I'm at a little over 18 hours until I get to try n set the sky on fire...

Have a happy fourth of July people!!!!

I play with lasers fairly often one of my hobbies is 3D design and printing along with a CNC 25watt cutter/engraver. Haven’t had any problems with the laser itself had to replace a stepper motor not long ago but she’s cutting away on some acrylic ATM. It’s paid for itself with some odd jobs so I’ve been happy with it. If I lived in a bigger town I’d open a makerplace.
Happy 4th to all stay safe enjoy yourselves and no drinking and driving.

God bless America!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I love this Holiday!

Partly because I genuinely love my country, but admittedly also due in no small part to the whole being able to blow Stuff up set it on fire and etc!

Hopefully I still have all my fingers and at least some eyebrows left tomorrow. We'll see though, we have a lot of fireworks and etc to set off...

If you're in the area you won't be able to miss us.

We'll be the people whose camp suddenly resembles an ammo dump hit by an airstrike just after dark with the crazy chicks firing home brew star shells off the rifle grenade launcher/brakes on their yugo AK's like they're trying to put down a whole fire mission by themselves, the guy who occasionally "lights" a cluster of mortar tubes with a dragons breath round out of a pistol grip Mossberg, and the music will be FAR TOO LOUD!!!

Wait until after the fireworks display is over though please. We're going to run the cardboard launch tubes that come with the mortar sets to destruction during the finale! (We have my stash of backup tubes not made of cardboard and a thoroughly absurd amount of individual shots for each tube so we should pretty easily get all 12 fresh cardboard tubes to pop when we start the finale salvo and even at 4 rounds per tube per minute times the 24 tubes we have for the mortars it's going to take a minute, more like 4-12 minutes depending upon how fast the cardboard tubes explode, to chew through everything.)

I love this Holiday...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I have a cheaper Chinese laser cutter which has been a serious problem child. I need to replace it.

And we have some other stuff we're working on both tooling and other projects wise which involves lasers. Admittedly the issue is partially having champagne taste in tools on a beer budget sorta deal.

We put together a lot of what we need from plans and information etc gathered from the internet. This often means that we're learning about what separates a really good design for a given tool from a not so good one as we go.
edit on 4-7-2018 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'm on the other side of the pond.

But have a fabulous holiday.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I have a semi-cheap Chinese laser cutter which has been a serious problem child. I need to replace it.

Mine is Chinese as well but I did a lot of searching reviews before I bought mine and their customer service was great they sent me the stepper motor free of charge even though it was out of the warranty period.
This year sadly no big booms but my little niece will be over so I don’t mind too much I’m going to spend the night on our boat on the lake and they put on a good show. Should be a great time either way... ‘Murcia

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

We did a test round last night lol (the fuses on the big fireworks we have to drive to Wyoming to buy are fairly consistent within batches and year to year production lots, but it's always best to make sure you roll a test batch to see how hard you can push the tubes before they burst, and how they behave when they do. Especially when you know you're fully intending to push things right to the edge of out of control but not over it.)

We're sitting in the truck now in the middle of nowhere watching the sun drop... Conserving energy until it's time to play.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Had a good time on the lake last night a fifth of Buschmills Black Bush between me and a friend and watching the fireworks laying on the deck of the sailboat was pretty awesome. It looks like I’m just going to be late on the booms had a friend give me some 5” mortar shells that they got run off for setting them off on Corps of Engineers land so I’ll be that guy a day late on private land outside of city limits were all is fair game. Curious you not a fan of fiberglass tubes? I’m tending to go with cardboard have a friend back in Cali that’s got a piece of fiberglass in his arse from a mortar tube that let go on him, it’s actually a running joke in that circle of friends dude has a good sense of humor about it.

Hope ya had a good one!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The link provides proves nor disproves anything..

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I actually have a whole arsenal of tubes I've built over the years which are PVC fiberglass and Kevlar/spectra/other wrap/layup which I use strategically to both thicken single salvo density, push rpm to hilarious levels (because I know I can just douche my tubes with old co2 extinguishers past their date safely as long as i give them at least 6 seconds to cool after the round leaves without blowing them up) but it wouldn't be one of my displays if I didn't push at least some of the cardboard tubes they give you to splitting or outright bursting!

It's kinda one of those things where I know my audience and they know me and they fund me to do stuff like this because they love the carnage and the look of danger without there actually being any if that makes sense?

It works out for everyone really because I just plain love blowing s*** up and putting on a show, and they like that I can give them a show that looks like something out of apocalypse now, has a great soundtrack, but is still safe.

We come out, pound 10 foot metal stakes in the ground roll caution tape, safety wire and orange plastic barrier fence roll makeshift atv traps to keep people off the firing line, kick speakers and safety tied rolls of power cable out of the bed of the truck, set up the Genny underneath, and the strobes etc where they need to go with my laptop etc on top of the cab to control the music etc basically like real event people (right down to extinguishers and a water trailer with a big ass pump and hose "just in case")

I've learned over the years that people just aren't inclined to start trouble even if you are pushing the limits so long as you don't expect anyone to bail you out if you have a problem. Be competent, be confident, don't back down, and just do what you do like you really mean it and people will just sorta assume you must be allowed to be doing what you're doing was a very good piece of advice i got long ago which actually works disturbingly well.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Don't believe everything you read.

lol
"The author of the story refers to this boxy piece of s*** as a '15mm caliber weapon.' I didn’t realize laser weapons had caliber? Oh wait, they don’t."
15mm caliber

I actually have a whole arsenal of tubes I've built over the years which are PVC fiberglass and Kevlar/spectra/other wrap/layup which I use strategically to both thicken single salvo density, push rpm to hilarious levels (because I know I can just douche my tubes with old co2 extinguishers past their date safely as long as i give them at least 6 seconds to cool after the round leaves without blowing them up) but it wouldn't be one of my displays if I didn't push at least some of the cardboard tubes they give you to splitting or outright bursting!

It's kinda one of those things where I know my audience and they know me and they fund me to do stuff like this because they love the carnage and the look of danger without there actually being any if that makes sense?

It works out for everyone really because I just plain love blowing s*** up and putting on a show, and they like that I can give them a show that looks like something out of apocalypse now, has a great soundtrack, but is still safe.

We come out, pound 10 foot metal stakes in the ground roll caution tape, safety wire and orange plastic barrier fence roll makeshift atv traps to keep people off the firing line, kick speakers and safety tied rolls of power cable out of the bed of the truck, set up the Genny underneath, and the strobes etc where they need to go with my laptop etc on top of the cab to control the music etc basically like real event people (right down to extinguishers and a water trailer with a big ass pump and hose "just in case")

I've learned over the years that people just aren't inclined to start trouble even if you are pushing the limits so long as you don't expect anyone to bail you out if you have a problem. Be competent, be confident, don't back down, and just do what you do like you really mean it and people will just sorta assume you must be allowed to be doing what you're doing was a very good piece of advice i got long ago which actually works disturbingly well.

Some kind of pyrotechnician or something? that sounds like quite a spectacle, where are these shows?
edit on 2-9-2018 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's my opinion that railguns are the future when the kinks have been worked out and energy consumption issues have been solved.

I was an Artilleryman and when the NLOS-C was being developed it was initially use a chemical propellant and later it would change it to a railgun later in it's development, Sadly it got cancelled and replaced with the more mundane M109A7 which is essentially a M109A6 with a Bradley Chassis and what I assume would be a more advanced FCS.

The Navy still has their railgun program and the Air Force is still planning of equipping the F-35's with laser guns in lieu of the rotary cannon which makes some sense but a laser could never replace a rotary cannon when it comes to good old fashion strafing, That's why we are keeping the A-10 for much longer now, There is no replacement for material displacement, The BRRRRT will always be the most menacing sound on the battlefield and our enemies I'm sure are still having nightmares of the loud rip of the 30mm GAU-8 Avenger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join