It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is asking questions about the chosen people anti-Semitic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Topcraft

See what I did there. Anyways I hope that served as a learning experience.
Welcome to ATS.

Sorry, been on here awhile but don't post much. Thanks I definatly see what you mean. From now on, " preview post " will be my friend.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If your intention is to run this discussion off into a ditch, well congrats. It bears little resemblance to the OP's question. Did you just come here to TROLL ? Or ?

Your opinions have no bearing on the anti-Semitism question being discussed. If you wish to include Baal, Molek, Krishna or any of a plethora of other gods, well then it is you who veer off of topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: dfnj2015

the king can use this the idea that the non-chosen people are sub-humans and therefore are okay to kill

Where did you find that ? That is an OPINION , not any quote from either the Torah , The Christian Bible , nor even the Quran
And , I cannot think of not one leader that held that opinion. Except for Hitler.

This is very well document and occurs ALL throughout history:

en.wikipedia.org...

Religion has been a major force in governing people for thousands of years.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
Is asking questions about the chosen people anti-Semitic?

If you're asking why they're killing Palestinians, then yes , you're a raging anti-semite and need to be banned from the universe

I never said anything about Palestinians!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
If your intention is to run this discussion off into a ditch, well congrats. It bears little resemblance to the OP's question. Did you just come here to TROLL ? Or ?

Your opinions have no bearing on the anti-Semitism question being discussed. If you wish to include Baal, Molek, Krishna or any of a plethora of other gods, well then it is you who veer off of topic.

Well actually it was you who started the discussion about a one true God and no other religion holds any other credit but w/e.

It just shows that you lack an intelligent rebuttal and can't back up your arguments/opinions/beliefs.

So yea I'm done here, as you were.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: R1CK3O

You can't turn around and say that 'well if they get the land then it proves them and the Bible right' because it really doesn't.

If you read about the way that the Bible claims it will happen, then it does.

Rest assured, no one on earth is going to be able to give the land to anyone.

The land will be a battle among humans until the very end when God steps in to handle it.

The rest of the story you're going to have to read for yourself.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

And so after almost 4,000 years there is one chosen people who still exist in a pure form, the Jews. No one else can even claim that. Now there are Jews of mixed blood, but there are many Jews that are true blue blooded Jews by genealogy.

Israel are the Chosen people of God, not of any religion, they were chosen long before the Law of Moses was even written. there line came from Seth, to Shem, to Abraham (Abram), to Isaac, to Jacob, later called Israel and then to his 12 sons now known as the Nation of Israel. Israel were called out to be his chosen not by their works or their by their religion, they are chosen because of the heritage and the promise to their forefather Abraham and by that alone.

No other Religion who had a so called chosen people, or a nation like Germany, whom Hitler claimed were a chosen people to rule the world, have ever stood the test of even a few hundred years to have those chosen people still exist and the Israel has.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Been trying to figure out how to respond to the op's question. First I have to say that I am a Christian. That's where my perspective comes from. To a true believer of one of the three major religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam no proof is needed for God's existence. We all believe in the same Creator. Faith in God is all we need.

The major differences between us, are that the Jew believes their messiah is yet to come. And Jesus was a rabbi and teacher. The Christian believes that Jesus is the messiah, and savior of all to come to believe in him. The Muslim believes there is one God and that Muhammad speaks for him.

All three were attacked by each other thru history because of the differences in their faiths.
In my opinion, the Jews are pretty sensitive because of the recent efforts of Hitler to wipe them out in WW2. Add the efforts and threats of the Arab world to wipe them out now, and you can understand why they can be a bit touchy.

What I think happened was that you touched a sore spot, by criticizing a basic part of their faith. I am sure that it wasn't your intent, but the effect was the same. If you believe in the Bible, then they are Gods chosen people end of story. If you don't believe in the Bible and say something that contradicts what's written there about the Jewish people, then by definition the statement is anti-Semitic end of story. Absolutely no grey area.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I'm talking the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Also of Moses and Noah.

The GOD I am speaking of is Not 'one of many' but in fact the one true GOD, Creator of all that exists. Your belief or not does not change the fact.

He is also the God of Jesus who was the last one promised to come through birthright. In the NT we know that God will keep a remnant of Isreal to testify against false religion when the time comes.

But Christ made it clear that anyone who believed in him and followed his ways would be adopted into Isreal.

You are also talking about the same God of Mohammed whose lineage also traces back to Abraham.

God the father of Jesus Christ, YWHW, the Light, the Holy Spirit also choose Buddha and his followers and Zoaster and his followers.

Seems like God did a lot of choosing. It would appear that many are chosen and not just those of Jewish heritage.

As soon as everyone can see that all these men taught the same principles and any interpretation to the contrary is false we will be able to see cleary that the chosen are the one's who obey the teachings of their prophets. And not some blood line whose relevance ended 2000 years ago.

edit on 1-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I started a thread on another forum about how religions have the "chosen' people. I was discussing the idea that all through history once you have the "chosen" people, the king can use this the idea that the non-chosen people are sub-humans and therefore are okay to kill. This is so the king can build an empire by demonizing people who are not "chosen". I also argued the idea that I don't think God has a "chosen" people. I argued that it seems to me an omnipotent God would be a little more egalitarian loving every person in His creation equally. I thought I was creating a sincere discussion of a religious concept I find repulsive. I do not like the idea of having a "chosen" people or any label at all. We just have way too much war and violence in the World with what I find to be artificial distinctions being used as reasons.

Okay, all good. I was waiting to see what other people had to say. Then someone posted a very derogatory post in response saying I was "Jew baiting" and that I was anti-Semitic. He had an avatar picture that had some Hebrew letters. I was really taken aback by this comment. How is just talking about the idea of how some religions have a "chosen" people is "Jew baiting". And even further, how was I being anti-Semitic. My thinking is where was this guy coming from where just talking about "chosen" people is somehow a criticism of Judaism? I just don't get it. Am I being anti-Semitic or not? I just don't see it.

What forum? If you could provide a link to what you posted that would help in determining if you were being anti-Semitic.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Have to disagree with you. Plotus is correct. God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit - all one, all three separate aspects. Jesus is God.

It may be her/his, or my personal belief, but aside from that it is what the Bible tells us. The Bible is truth, proven through history, artifacts, documents through history and personal experience.

Sorry, but the Islam God ay have started out as the God of Abraham but the Koran is not of God. They deny that Jesus is the direct son of God. Buddah does not believe in Jesus. Therefore, they are false religions. The only way to God our creator is through Jesus.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleLady

Buddah does not believe in Jesus. Therefore, they are false religions. The only way to God our creator is through Jesus.

Most of what you say is based on the priests of Constantines misunderstanding of the text. Jesus is God's son. God created Jesus. Jesus made it clear over and over again. It amazes me that such a convoluted and false interpretation that contradicts what Christ repeatedly said about himself is still taken as facts.

But the comment about Buddha is just ignorance at it's finest.

There was no Jesus when Buddha taught his people. We might as well say Moses doesn't believe in Jesus either, because the name Jesus never appears in his writing either.

Buddha was obedient to the Light. There is only one man who claimed to be the Light of this world. That same light that inspired Buddah is Jesus Christ.

The Quran is the word of God. Islam does not follow the Quran. They follow the contradictions found in the Hadiths.

All will be decieved according to the bible you claim to believe in. And all truly were and remain deceived.

edit on 2-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Most of what you say is based on the priests of Constantines misunderstanding of the text. Jesus is God's son. God created Jesus.

The Bible tells us that Jesus was in the beginning with God, he was not created, but he was the Creator. Jesus created everything that is manifest. Read John 1:1-14.

The Bible also tells us that there has always been a record of three in Heaven and that those three made up one God in 1 John 5:7.

What the person is trying to tell you in their comment is that Jesus is/was the God of the Old Testament and for those who don't believe that, then Jesus said they truly didn't know God, as they are one and the same. Read John 8:19-24 and John 14:6-9.

edit on 2-7-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Isurrender73

Most of what you say is based on the priests of Constantines misunderstanding of the text. Jesus is God's son. God created Jesus.

The Bible tells us that Jesus was in the beginning with God, he was not created, but he was the Creator. Jesus created everything that is manifest.

So 'Jesus' is the word. 'Jesus' is the concept. If there were no words or concepts then there would be no 'things' - there would be simply what there is.

Christ is the present appearance.
God is ALL seeing and ALL knowing
God and Christ may seam to be two things - but they are one. There is no other.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddist's, they all think God's on their side. How laughable that if God existed that he/she would choose sides....Religion brings this about. Religion poisons everything it touch's.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Well certainly within the Abrahamic religions the idea of a chosen ppl can inspire jealousy, ever heard Dad love you or your sibling more?? That will cause blowback somehow and counter retaliations.

Something similar to this is, when a tribe call themselves the free people,the implications are others are born to serve you or like the term Zulu meaning children of heaven or something like it, the implications is also troubling if taken to an extreme
Bantu= people?? then what about non Bantus.the possibilities for abusive behavior based off self naming can be endless.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddist's, they all think God's on their side. How laughable that if God existed that he/she would choose sides....Religion brings this about. Religion poisons everything it touch's.

You missed God's point. Religion doesn't poison everything it touches, humans do, that's why we need God. You may not think much of the free will he allowed us, but he allowed you the opportunity to express it anyway, as a learning tool.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

It is not 'humans' that poison - it is the belief in labels and words.
Concepts are believed - but without the non conceptual seeing and knowing - no word or label could appear.
edit on 2-7-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

There are 1.4 billion Chinese people in the World. It is pure hubris to think some people are "chosen" by God for anything.

Like all religions, the Jews think they are the "chosen" ones because a religion written by Jews says they are. Every religion thinks their own people are "chosen" by God.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleLady

Have to disagree with you. Plotus is correct. God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit - all one, all three separate aspects. Jesus is God.

It may be her/his, or my personal belief, but aside from that it is what the Bible tells us. The Bible is truth, proven through history, artifacts, documents through history and personal experience.

Sorry, but the Islam God ay have started out as the God of Abraham but the Koran is not of God. They deny that Jesus is the direct son of God. Buddah does not believe in Jesus. Therefore, they are false religions. The only way to God our creator is through Jesus.

There's a great Buddhist saying: If you see the Buddha on the road kill him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join