It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s week of faulty claims: MS-13, Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The AP is one of the several Clearing Houses for the general MSM.

They are bought and paid for just like the others.

Many NWO people are "hiding" there.

💥👁💥
edit on Jul-01-2018 by xuenchen because: 📡

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: Kharron

10,000 MS-13 is 9,999 too many.

Agreed.

It's actually 10,000 too many. In the AP article it also states that those 10,000 make less than 1% of the total gang membership in our country. That's 1 million too many.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If you look for something, you're going to find it.

They nit-pick Trump to death in a way not seen before.

Every little trivial thing is blown out of proportion and shoved to the front page.

The very obvious bias in the media is showing and the fact that there is some backlash to the weaponized press means not

everyone is brainwashed and propogandized just yet.

This sort of media attention is petty and biased.

When you have no objectivity you are not a journalist.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Fact checking is nitpicking?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The way it's perpetrated by this unobjective vindictive media is.

The media is on an anti-Trump crusade and untrustworthy themselves.

Who's fact checking the fact checkers?

Look at Snopes for example....

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I actually love it that threads like this make people fact check the fact checkers, in order to discredit them.

Maybe it will get us all in the mindset to start fact checking, period... who knows, maybe eventually we'll start fact checking the government?!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

How does not-for-profit imply legitimacy?

The Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.

Legit and completely non-biased!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Associated Press is a non-profit news agency known for being unbiased; in fact they are only in business still because of it.

False. And your entire OP is dependent upon this false pretense.

The Associated Press is a U.S.-based not-for-profit news agency headquartered in New York City. Founded in 1846, it operates as a cooperative, unincorporated association.

Customer service: 1 (877) 836-9477
Founded: May 22, 1846, New York City, NY
Headquarters: New York City, NY
CEO: Gary B. Pruitt
Revenue: 568.1 million USD (2015)
Subsidiaries: Associated Press Television News, Ap Italia Srl, MORE

All of that means absolutely ZILCH.

I have noted since the early 1970's how politically BIASED the associated press is.

I have also noted them being biased on all kinds of different issues over many decades.

They use many different methods of deception. Bandwagon method, false scientific and academic consensus method, ridicule, Collectivism, Coercive persuasion, Consensus reality are all descriptive terms of the same things. (Using science to show a particular science is wrong) is just one. There are so many used in propaganda and I have seen the Associated Press use all of them over the years.

I have also seen, (Since Trump was elected) all of these tools being brought to bear against him and his administration in a new kind of way. Saturation usage of some master list of logical fallacy concepts by every news agency and every entity who suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

And Guess what? These same tools and methods were being used FULL FORCE against Trump BEFORE he was elected, but he still WON.

Wanna know why? Because more people than not knew they were being told deceptions and so they retaliated and voted FOR him so that the liars couldn't be allowed to win the day.

Remember one thing and one thing only: No matter what kind of packaging someone wraps a lie or even a slight deception in, it WILL be detected by someone and there will be consequences.

"The associated garbage" (a name I gave it at a young age. They have not changed, unless it is to have become much worse than they used to be.

So called "Fact Checking" is another effective use of media deception. It can be used in a legitimate way, or it can be used in an attempt to turn lies into "facts". It isn't very often I have seen it used legitimately. People in this thread are using it right now to bolster their own confirmation bias.

edit on 1-7-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

He lies incessantly.

Every little trivial thing is blown out of proportion and shoved to the front page.
I suppose it would be in what you define as trivial.

Plenty of objectivity. Along with the fact checking.

edit on 7/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Proud Boys MS-13 documentation

so I came across this site like 10 minutes ago while discussing this on a thread I start earlier, WARNING very graphic do not click that link if you have a weak stomach seriously

these are the people are you trying to to defend... or at least minimalize

what the hell is wrong with you?
edit on 1-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

No one has done that.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

seems like this sole intent of this thread is to minimize this gang's presence in the US to prove Trump is a bad guy

gross

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

seems like this sole intent of this thread is to minimize this gang's presence in the US to prove Trump is a bad guy

MS-13 is just one of the fact checks shown in the OP. So, no.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Kharron

Associated Press is a non-profit news agency known for being unbiased; in fact they are only in business still because of it.

The Associated Press is a U.S.-based not-for-profit news agency headquartered in New York City. Founded in 1846, it operates as a cooperative, unincorporated association.

Customer service: 1 (877) 836-9477
Founded: May 22, 1846, New York City, NY
Headquarters: New York City, NY
CEO: Gary B. Pruitt
Revenue: 568.1 million USD (2015)
Subsidiaries: Associated Press Television News, Ap Italia Srl, MORE

All of that means absolutely ZILCH.

I have noted since the early 1970's how politically BIASED the associated press is.

I have also noted them being biased on all kinds of different issues over many decades.

They use many different methods of deception. Bandwagon method, false scientific and academic consensus method, ridicule, Collectivism, Coercive persuasion, Consensus reality are all descriptive terms of the same things. (Using science to show a particular science is wrong) is just one. There are so many used in propaganda and I have seen the Associated Press use all of them over the years.

I have also seen, (Since Trump was elected) all of these tools being brought to bear against him and his administration in a new kind of way. Saturation usage of some master list of logical fallacy concepts by every news agency and every entity who suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

And Guess what? These same tools and methods were being used FULL FORCE against Trump BEFORE he was elected, but he still WON.

Wanna know why? Because more people than not knew they were being told deceptions and so they retaliated and voted FOR him so that the liars couldn't be allowed to win the day.

Remember one thing and one thing only: No matter what kind of packaging someone wraps a lie or even a slight deception in, it WILL be detected by someone and there will be consequences.

"The associated garbage" (a name I gave it at a young age. They have not changed, unless it is to have become much worse than they used to be.

That is all very interesting, thanks. Can you link me to some of your findings and/or examples of them doing that? I am very interested in delving deep into it later tonight, or whenever you can do it.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Proud Boys MS-13 documentation

so I came across this site like 10 minutes ago while discussing this on a thread I start earlier, WARNING very graphic do not click that link if you have a weak stomach seriously

what the hell is wrong with you?

toys, nobody is defending MS-13. Please let's get back on topic and not get people emotional about the wrong topic.

This topic is about our President misleading people with wrong information. That information was fact checked and a link is in the OP.

Can any of those 8 things be refuted?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

you're trying to minimalize the impact of this gang on our country to prove Trump is a bad guy

this gang grew from having influence in 33 states to 50 states, how is that not a problem?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

you're trying to minimalize the impact of this gang on our country to prove Trump is a bad guy

this gang grew from having influence in 33 states to 50 states, how is that not a problem?

No. You've tried to disprove AP's fact checking and have ended up proving them accurate. Now, you're moving on to sliding the topic into an emotional roller-coaster instead of focusing on what I've already pointed out to be the topic numerous times.

Play nice, don't put words in my mouth and focus on the topic.
edit on 1-7-2018 by Kharron because: typo

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He lies incessantly.

I suppose it would be in what you define as trivial.

Plenty of objectivity. Along with the fact checking.

1. False.

2. The whole covefefe thing was trivial and petty and sets the tone of this attack dog media.

3. Only an idiot would believe that this media is objective and the fact checkers themselves have been found to be biased and misleading.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thanks for reading folks, I need to get the evening activities started. I'll have time to reply in a few hours.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

And your "proof" is??????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join