It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Hands Trump The Power To Fire Thousands Of Judges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This doesn't sound good at all. It sets the system up for more corruption. The swamp is turning into a sewer.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Kharron
Wow. So basically we're down to two branches of the government, since executive can now eliminate judicial if they don't do as told.

Wonderful.

No, the Executive always appointed Judges and the Senate always confirmed. Judges don't just grow on trees for people to pick any flavor they want when in season.

But their jobs could not be held hostage until now, correct?

They bypassed the executive branch so their positions are illegitimate.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
This doesn't sound good at all. It sets the system up for more corruption. The swamp is turning into a sewer.

It is cleaning the swamp.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't understand. This moves the administrative judges back to method required by the Constitution. The Judiciary is already influenced by both Executive and Legislative branches. The Executive branch nominates and the Legislative branch gives a thumbs up or thumbs down on the nominees. Thus, we the people are being represented by the people we elected. When the SEC picks a judge, it is done without representation of the people, a principle not consistent with the Constitution.

It would seem to me that following this ruling, all judges presently serving would be removed so they can be replaced in proper fashion. And yes, I believe there should be a mechanism for removal of any federal judge showing a pattern of bias or unconstitutional rulings. I'm not at all comfortable with one man having that power but I'm not at all comfortable with several laws currently on the books, like the Patriot Act and all of it's siblings and cousins. Makes me shiver to think of them.

I'm amazed that the black-robed tribe could agree on this.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

And it's driving the Left bat-chit crazy. They're eating their own!

Proof: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And it's driving the Left bat-chit crazy. They're eating their own!

Proof: twitter.com...

That should be a new sport on cable TV: WCGSFF (World Crazy Girl Street Fight Federation)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It is going to be amusing when the next Democrat gets elected and they have all this power and all the rightists are crying about "New World Order Deep State Soros" even though they are praising these moves now

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
What was going on was the SEC was using an alternative policy then other agencies. This appears to be set up to get judges that the SEC wants instead of by merit like other agencies.

SEC since dod frank no longer takes companies through formal courts. They put it in front of judicators roughly 90 percent. It was never intended for the SEC to be able to fine millions without court hearings. The judicators only used to be able to access fines that were pre established. The largest fine was 100,000 and it was considered ok because judicators would use fines established by the agency.

Now however they are fining millions to companies and realize this is not a situation were the company has any legal rights. The judicators investigate and sets fines.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Yea according to the republicans only. Are people really this blind to see what is happening here?
Drain the swamp, so you can just let in your own invasive species that have political bias.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Will the next democrat potus have this power too?

The more power you guys give trump the more power the next potus and the one after that and the one after that will have.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

In my opinion they are setting up a future dem potus to have all kinds of new powers.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This could easily be a more important decision than the verification of the travel ban, and it worries me. We do need some way to remove biased judges (as we have seen from the 9th circuit) but simply handing the President the ability to fire them at will is troubling. Perhaps with approval of Congress? That would place them being fired in the same vein as them being hired. I really need to see the wording of the ruling to get a good grasp on the decision and its implications.

The whole mess could have been avoided if not for judges going obviously beyond their authority and acting as though they write the laws (and more recently the EOs). As usual, the heinous actions of the few affect the reasonable actions of the many, because the few go too far in their arrogance.

In any case, the one bright light is that this does not apply to the Supreme Court. Their job is secure, per the Constitution. They are seated for life.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
When I first saw the article I was thinking Nationwide but in actuality it is about certain branches of the federal government appointing their own judges.. Talk about a scheme to get stuff approved for the deep state ! When I first thought the article was nation wide... after my surprise it was "How to heck could that ever work" ?

Judges are supposed to be impartial. They have a solemn duty to uphold our laws. Decisions made by judges can decide the fate of not just one person, but millions. Judges that preside over federal issues can very well affect the lives of every last American.

I totally agree with that statement..except I do believe there are extenuating circumstances that should also be evaluated in certain cases.

The President—who has authority to appoint federal judges—was cut out of the loop. He would play a crucial role in deciding if judges should stand or not. Instead, the SEC had free rein. Not anymore.

This ruling can open the door for Trump to reevaluate numerous, questionable judge seats. Judges that are clearly letting their bias get in the way of their job might be in trouble. Trump can allow his cabinet to take stock of sitting judges and decide if they should, in fact, stick around.

The Swamp is springing leaks all over the place !
Now before someone's head explodes it will be the same for the next President and all those who follow
washingtonpost24.com...

The Donald is simply sticking to the program.....well done IMHO...stay tuned more to come soon.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

Yay. Let President Trump draw first blood with these people who practice politics from the bench.

Good riddance!!

I hope somebody figures out how to do that to the politically inclined 'justices' who sit on the Supreme Court as well.

That would be a double edged sword. With mass illegal migration, the votes could swing to communist egalitarian liberals, and if they can bypass the supreme, there'd be massacres, theft of private property, etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Until the swamp is completely drained.

I'm all for that! As long as those doing the draining aren't swamp monsters themselves.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Will the next democrat potus have this power too?

The more power you guys give trump the more power the next potus and the one after that and the one after that will have.

POTUS #44 set the precedent in the first place ~ appointing radical Leftist Judges ~

#44 also politicized/militarized the IRS, the FBI, the DHS, the various Courts...
it bring up the notorious 6th Circuit Court that is in blatant disregard of all previous Law Precedents and refuses to abide by civil laws already on the books----as an example of an Executive Branch that grabbed Authority it did-not have according to the constitution

#44 also purged the Loyalist Military Brass to the grovelers that swore 'Loyalty' to Hussein Obama instead of defending the Constitution....
~the Trump judicial decision is merely an attempt to right the boat that Obama tried to scuttle
Trump will not be the grand Inquisitor, but only the Author of Charges that will be reviewed by Congress to remove the guilty Judges

I find it is better to navigate around trees rather than bang into them when you find yourself in a forest...

I honestly have been reviewing my convictions on Trump... as my "signature rider" attests

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have to say I am very impressed with many of the non-partisan thoughts on this subject.

to those not making it Left - Right - or about Obama.

The BALANCE of the Supreme Court - - really is a serious matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join