It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Hands Trump The Power To Fire Thousands Of Judges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
When I first saw the article I was thinking Nationwide but in actuality it is about certain branches of the federal government appointing their own judges.. Talk about a scheme to get stuff approved for the deep state ! When I first thought the article was nation wide... after my surprise it was "How to heck could that ever work" ?

Judges are supposed to be impartial. They have a solemn duty to uphold our laws. Decisions made by judges can decide the fate of not just one person, but millions. Judges that preside over federal issues can very well affect the lives of every last American.

I totally agree with that statement..except I do believe there are extenuating circumstances that should also be evaluated in certain cases.

The President—who has authority to appoint federal judges—was cut out of the loop. He would play a crucial role in deciding if judges should stand or not. Instead, the SEC had free rein. Not anymore.

This ruling can open the door for Trump to reevaluate numerous, questionable judge seats. Judges that are clearly letting their bias get in the way of their job might be in trouble. Trump can allow his cabinet to take stock of sitting judges and decide if they should, in fact, stick around.

The Swamp is springing leaks all over the place !
Now before someone's head explodes it will be the same for the next President and all those who follow
washingtonpost24.com...

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yay. Let President Trump draw first blood with these people who practice politics from the bench.

Good riddance!!

I hope somebody figures out how to do that to the politically inclined 'justices' who sit on the Supreme Court as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

As a former employer, I say good, fire them.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's wrong for judges to mess with politics, but it's also wrong for politicians to mess with justice.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Soooo where will it stop?

It's starting look like trump is gaining more and more control over the government in all fields. When will it stop?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
It's wrong for judges to mess with politics, but it's also wrong for politicians to mess with justice.

Ok, look at past performance and fire them if they lean 70% or more one way or another, fire them if upper courts over rule their rulings by XX% too.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The Constitution. What 7 of the 9 black-robed tribe agreed upon. An amazing decision. To make everyone actually abide by the founding document.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

You are comparing a time of when the population of the US was just shy of 2.5 Million people, to now, over 350 Million people.

You can't govern a nation with only a few judges. On paper this seems like a great idea, but the further down the chain, it's a bad idea. This just gives more control in government hands, that is no constitutional at all!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Fire them all and start over, they can reapply and have their record support their application.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't think I like this at all. The Judiciary needs to be without the influence of the legislative and executive. All in a mutual manner in kind, as well.

The executive branch should not have power to fire judges. The government needs to move slowly and with deliberation (which is why contingency planning is critical), and the executive branch isn't designed to be slow and deliberate.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow. So basically we're down to two branches of the government, since executive can now eliminate judicial if they don't do as told.

Wonderful.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Wow. So basically we're down to two branches of the government, since executive can now eliminate judicial if they don't do as told.

Wonderful.

No, the Executive always appointed Judges and the Senate always confirmed. Judges don't just grow on trees for people to pick any flavor they want when in season.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

It's starting look like trump is gaining more and more control over the government in all fields. When will it stop?

Until the swamp is completely drained.

Duh!!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Kharron

Wonderful.

No, the Executive always appointed Judges and the Senate always confirmed. Judges don't just grow on trees for people to pick any flavor they want when in season.

But their jobs could not be held hostage until now, correct?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

And so it goes.
Onward and Upward.

In good faith.

S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

This is a huge tool for draining the swamp, and restoring ORDER to this country before the wingnuts on the Left trigger a civil war.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I don't think I like this at all. The Judiciary needs to be without the influence of the legislative and executive. All in a mutual manner in kind, as well.

The executive branch should not have power to fire judges. The government needs to move slowly and with deliberation (which is why contingency planning is critical), and the executive branch isn't designed to be slow and deliberate.

Amen! S&F. Well, solo una estrella.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

It will stop when Congress starts to take power back. They have been abdicating their role in government to the executive for a few decades now.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

What has CNN and MSNBC said about this Supreme Court ruling? If they are strongly against it, the ruling is awesome good!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What has CNN and MSNBC said about this Supreme Court ruling? If they are strongly against it, the ruling is awesome good!

My ATS colleague, I mean this well... that is a terrible way to shape your beliefs. If they're based on what the MSM supports or opposes, then beliefs are as fluid as they are.

I know you're joking but some may take you seriously.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join