It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant Children... Detention Centers... Abuse... Some Ugly Truths

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
It's the would-be immigrants who suffer due to the porous nature of our border.
If enforced there is no incentive to come, no human traffickers profit, less drug come North.

But all the cheap labor and Democrat votes!
Don't fix the system despite immigrants and taxpayers alike being hurt, it's too profitable to shut it down.

You're right. They will even self-deport if it's not worth the effort to stay -- as we saw in Arizona when we passed the e-Verify laws and employer sanctions for hiring illegals... when we passed 1070 that allowed our state LEOs to enforce federal laws... and so on... For months, southbound I-10 between Phoenix and the border carried pickups and trailers piled high with household goods as they moved back south. The economy isn't bad in much of Mexico right now. There is plenty of work for those who want to work. And I'm sure Mexico's getting their share -- la mordida they call it -- from the travel north.

But down in Central America right now, someone is filling their heads with fairy tales and egging them on, and lots of people are making lots of big bucks off these kids trekking north. I don't even believe the horror stories of hardship and gang wars in the streets we've been fed -- not after reading so many of the migrants' stories.

So yes, I fully agree that it's completely contrived and engineered.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: highvein

That's because they don't care about children unless they think they can use the impression to get votes.

Does anyone recall the old image of the politico hugging the baby? That's what it is here. Really he doesn't want to have anything to do with the kid, but he's mugging for the camera and it looks good to have a baby in the shot.

I agree. Maybe it is time to see if we can get our government to work towards the things we all agree on.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree there should be more departmental transparency and oversight but disagree on it being public.

Public is an all-encompassing word... but we find ways to inspect nursing homes, foster homes, and other residential care centers... and we don't lock them up behind closed doors and never let them see the light of day -- or anyone else see them. Most allow no visitors at all; the exception are those with legal representation, usually long-term detainees.

Mainly, because it has proven that the public panics. Remember the panic over Ebola here a few years ago?

I think much of that panic is fabricated, but I get your point. We don't need self-righteous vigilantes with more brawn than brains, or something similarly reckless and dangerous.

I imagine many immigrants may arrive with medical conditions that may be contagious...if statistically known, the public would really freak out.

Maybe... but I doubt it. I live in a border state. Illegals are everywhere, mixing with the public. Illegals that are detained aren't going to bring anything that ones who don't get detained won't bring as well. The risk is already there and has been.

I do believe they should be able to contain and treat without Joe Blow down the street needing to know all the private details of the individual's who may be our future productive and successful citizens.

Of course. And I assume that has and is happening, but wasn't addressed. The lawsuits specifically speak to injections of psychotropic (psychiatric) drugs, like anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications. One report said that it was standard procedure to give all detainees these psychiatric drugs.

It sucks for sure since our government 'seems' so corrupted. Currently, oversight seems remiss and cya seems to rule. So, once again, I am left with no real solution to offer.

Which is why transparency is so important. Someone -- really, all of us -- have to watch the watchers AND be able to stop them when necessary and appropriate.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Is it not possible that these immigrant children are receiving the same vaccinations that we give our own children in this country?

That may also be happening, but vaccinations were not among the substances listed in the complaints or the lawsuits. Just the psychotropic/psychiatric drugs.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: CynConcepts

I was thinking that too.

Does anyone wonder where the measles came from?

And then you hear kids complaining about being forcibly medicated ... hmmm. Maybe they needed to be medicated. Maybe they had something like TB. So, ok, they don't want to take their meds, but they need them. So what do you do? Let them carry raging TB around? Not every kid is going to be super-cooperative.

My goodness, you just brought back a painful memory for me! My 2nd husband had no immune system. I took him to ER when he was having a serious bloody cough. They placed us in this glass room and were doing tests. I had to go pee after awhile and discovered I was locked inside with him! I rang his buzzer and a nurse arrived outside and spoke through a speaker to me. They could not let me leave until they determined he did not have TB! They passed a urine collector through a tray and said I would have to pull the curtain and use that.

The CDC was called since I had contact with hundreds of employees daily. Thankfully for everyone but my husband he did not have TB or anything contagious. He had a deadly mold infection in his lungs that took his life.

The memory recalling is not bad for me, it is a good lesson and reminder in how the medical field has to take precautions for the safety of all. Believe me, I was royally pissed at the time of my imprisonment but I did realize later the danger that we may have caused to many if it was TB. They were not being cruel...they were simply wanting to be safe.

Edit add: oh my goodness, I am obviously rambling due to the lateness of the hour. Perhaps, a goodnight sleep and fresher mind will come up with an actual response to this thread. Goodnight.
edit on 6 24 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Wow. Thank you very, very much for an insightful post. Your sane and thoughtful post really showed how both sides are involved in an ongoing issue that strikes at the core of what we think we all seem to know.

Thank you for posting relevant and meaningful content where it is badly needed. I swear if all these threads were combined, ATS might give Q and dashen a run for their money. Thank you for your OP.

Navigating treacherous water is difficult to be sure.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23525335]Boadicea[/post

You're as ignorant as you sound, and write. The moral and simple answer is, don't attack/infiltrate another countries border with your children in tow. Then the left commie wing, of said countries border, can not use you, as a victim and propaganda piece...
What part of,..."your country ends here. There country begins there". That's hard to understand?.. Do you think South America and Mexico would tolerate an alien horde, crossing into thier "borders"? Snowflake,..Go, "seek asylum" in Mexico without "paperwork". Hell! Bring your children with you! Let me know how it plays out for you. Back to the "moral". Don't do dumb Sh*t and expect "the democratic majority" in America, to cry about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
All of this stuff has been known for years, but democrats want to make it worse with open borders. Just inviting people to come illegally regardly of the life threatening trek that 80% of children come alone, or with stranger sponsors or who knoes. The entire concept of an open border is inviting death and chaos for all involved.

Obama exacerbated the problem on such a horrible level with his policies. In fact, it was his Libya and Syria policies that led to this world wide humanitarian disaster of the african and middle east refugee crisis. You know ehat the sick part is? It was 100% intentional.

So now Trumps policies would actually protect and save immigrant children, stop human trafficking ans drug smuggling by stopping illegal immigration and enforcing proper legal immigration at the ports of entry. Thats the first step to fix a broken system that he did not create.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
All of this stuff has been known for years, but democrats want to make it worse with open borders.

So now Trumps policies would actually protect and save immigrant children, stop human trafficking ans drug smuggling by stopping illegal immigration and enforcing proper legal immigration at the ports of entry. Thats the first step to fix a broken system that he did not create.

Fewer Americans will be killed by illegal aliens too. Hard for rational minds to go against a policy that saves American lives.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Latest Nationwide Poll Results..

June 24, 2018

As usual, the majority of Americans agree with President Trump. They want those who entered the country illegally to be DEPORTED or DETAINED. No more "catch and release".

CBS Poll: townhall.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: mkultra11
All of this stuff has been known for years, but democrats want to make it worse with open borders.

Fewer Americans will be killed by illegal aliens too. Hard for rational minds to go against a policy that saves American lives.

That is, if they actually cared about American lives.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
You're exactly right and thanks for this thread. If America quit spending so much on the Military Industrial Complex would could care for our own, as our own people are sorely cared for as it is, let alone those from other countries.

What I don't get is how people could just say leave their kids? Do they really understand what they would leave their children to, most dangerous counties in the world? And no those countries wouldn't taken American migrants, either their government would kill them or the cartel gangs would.

One reference

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

What part of,..."your country ends here. There country begins there".

I think it's that whole double "there" there... you know... as in an adverb signifying a place... there... oh wait! I get it now!!! You meant the possessive determiner "their," not "there." Okay, gotcha...

And, of course, more to the point, what the hell part of WE DON'T HURT CHILDREN do you not understand???

You're as ignorant as you sound, and write.

Indeed.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The images are from right now.
This is real. Some children will never see their parents again.
They've been KIDNAPPED BY A CORRUPT GOVERNMENT.
In between saying this isn't real and also saying these folks deserve what is happening because they broke a law equal to #ing jay walking this place disgusts me lately.
You guys take trumps debase views multiply it by ten and spew this kind of disgusting garbage.
Shame on all of you. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU ! ! !
edit on 6252018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Pretty much anyone (sane) in a border state would agree with you... close the borders first to stop the incentive to come here, THEN make the necessary reforms for future legal manageable immigration... including weeding out and deporting the snakes that slithered in. It's not rocket science.

Our porous borders are not just an invitation for individuals or even families, but for the worst dregs of society to exploit and even enslave desperate and helpless people. It's irresponsible and basically aids and abets human traffickers.

And of course, then there's the war on (people who use) drugs and the black market it's created along with its attendant violence.

It just goes on and on.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Hard for rational minds to go against a policy that saves American lives.

And yet, they have for decades...

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Fantastic OP.

It baffles me why lawMAKERS dont create resolution.

Deport people here illegally. Create a solid work VISA that actually provides for the labor needs of seasonal work. Improve other guest programs to give aid in high employment regions where labor is scarce and stifling growth.

Do SOMETHING besides jump and scream. 190 votes....use them for something.

edit on 6/25/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. That must have been frightening and then terribly tragic.

But to go back to thread topic, this was one of the reasons we had Ellis Island. It served as a place of quarantine to prevent spreading more disease into the population then was already there.

Where I live is on one of the major interstate arteries up from Texas, so we have a pretty large illegal population. There have been a few stories about kids with active TB spreading it around the local schools in the past few years which is where the thought came from for me. That and the knowledge that drug resistant TB comes from people who simply don't medicate all the way.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

That's because they're calculating in a different way. This doesn't impact them, not really.

And the problem is something both sides campaign on. If they fix it ... how will they get votes?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Everyone who actually read the OP already knows that you didn't even bother...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join