It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant Children... Detention Centers... Abuse... Some Ugly Truths

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What is the response from the medical providers at these centers? Are they treating them for legitimate medical reasons?

Admittedly, I am having difficulty in believing they are experimenting or simply doping kids for nefarious reasons. Yes, I can see that the accusations that these children are being medically treated without consent from adult raises eyebrows. Unfortunately, these children are in the center due to not having a parent available for consent. Most came here with strangers and not an actual parent...especially a few years ago.

I can admit I do not always agree with doctors recommended prescriptions and with my youngest daughter, who was admitted into temporary care due to attempted suicide...I actually researched their recommendations and was able to disagree and say NO! They then changed their drug plan for her. So I know the medical field is not exact, but also know, they believe they are providing the best care with their medical knowledge. Unfortunately, their patients are not family, so the side effects often are not considered.

I am just curious if the doping and injection aspect is being misconstrued? Obviously, physical or sexual abuse is a big red flag, no matter what! I am in neutral territory here. So much has been sensationalized via agendas it makes my head swim. I don't want to instantly condemn anyone anymore.

Society has become victims who exaggerate and sensationalize moreso for attention. I admit it is making me numb to fully believe anyone 100%. Which is sad in itself, since I know personally real victims are the one's who will eventually be discarded or unheard.

Egad! Forgive me for rambling. Your thread is well done, so much so, that it made me think and feel too much.

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Boadicea

I like evidence.

Hmmm... such as scanning for microchips? That kind of evidence? And if nothing is ever found, then nothing will come of it. And if something is found, then someone's got some explaining to do. At the very least.

It is exactly this kind of hyperbole and insanity that muddies the waters.

Microchipping is a thing ---> Microchipping people is a thing ---> Microchipping is done via injections ---> These kids were given injections. We have every reason and every responsibility to known exactly what was injected into these kids without their parents' consent, including microchips.

Hyperbole? Insanity? Muddying the waters??? No. This is exactly on point. We also know that governments -- including our own -- have performed less than humane experiments/treatments on people without their knowledge and consent, as evidenced in the Nuremberg Code.

And even if we determine it's not happening yet, that doesn't mean it won't be tried in the future. No reason not to make it clear now that it is not and will not be acceptable.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's a very scary thought, I agree, and I hope I am insane and a politician would never think of it, like I just did. I have this weird, weird feeling that we will find out that it's true.

We had people say Walmarts were being remodeled into fema camps and some called them crazy, but it turned out true. If kids are indeed getting tied down and injected by force, is it really that much of a stretch that one of those injections could be a chip?

Suppose we find out in two or three months that people are getting micro-chipped... would that be ok?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Letting in migrants is like feeding pigeons. You're just going to attract more and more.....

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: highvein

Excellent OP Boadicea. I couldn't agree more. While politicians and the media are spinning like crazy, there are people who are affected by this. But it is not just the illegal children who go through this. Children all over this country have been allowed to suffer and put on the back burner for political ideologies. That is the nation we have become under our elected leaders.

The first step is to stop attracting and/or inviting illegal migration in the first place.

Yes. Kudos to Boadicea for an EXCELLENT and balanced Opening Post to start this thread!

Unfortunately, the way to stop "attracting" people to this country would be to turn it into a Sh$thole nation. That won't happen as long as Donald Trump is in charge.

I don't think it's about Trump with this post. I think it is about doing what needs to be done. Trump has shown that he will listen to the people when he wrote that EO. If any luck maybe he will listen again. If he listens to the people who come up with reasonable solutions he will have all the votes he would need for the next election. I think it is time to see if we put the right man in office. It is time to start taking all of our leaders to task. Together, undivided.

edit on 24-6-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes. Kudos to Boadicea for an EXCELLENT and balanced Opening Post to start this thread!

Thank you!

Unfortunately, the way to stop "attracting" people to this country would be to turn it into a Sh$thole nation. That won't happen as long as Donald Trump is in charge.

That's just one way... and obviously not the best way! And of course there is no one right way to do it. We'll have to address this from many sides. That's how convoluted and conflated the critters have made it... And it was never should have happened.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

There has never been any objective evidence of that produced.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's the would-be immigrants who suffer due to the porous nature of our border.
If enforced there is no incentive to come, no human traffickers profit, less drug come North.

But all the cheap labor and Democrat votes!
Don't fix the system despite immigrants and taxpayers alike being hurt, it's too profitable to shut it down.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There has never been any objective evidence of that produced.

Thank Baby Jesus!

But what if it happens?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

That's a subject for a whole different thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Excellent thread.

I hope with all the attention that migrant children are getting the administration will come up with some type of monitoring and inspection program that includes interviews with the children and many unannounced inspections.

Why is it that such horrible people are drawn to working with and abusing children? From foster care to detention centers we must do a better job of protecting children from abuse and predators.
edit on 24-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Is it not possible that these immigrant children are receiving the same vaccinations that we give our own children in this country? To the children, it may seem scary. I remember taking my youngest grandchild into the doctor for his shots. I had to physically hold him still since he was very frightened of shots. He fought me too, so much so that in trying to keep him still he was bruised by me! I love my grandson dearly and knew he needed this done to ensure he would have a healthier future. I can only imagine how fearful children in a strange country with strangers would react to a vaccination shot schedule!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

What is the response from the medical providers at these centers? Are they treating them for legitimate medical reasons?

Excellent observation!

Unfortunately, these children are in the center due to not having a parent available for consent.

Another important fact. Who would be the people responsible for this?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

That's a subject for a whole different thread.

Ok. Have a good one, project.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I fully understand your concerns... that's why I kept looking and looking and trying to find the "other side." I didn't find one. These centers are operated behind closed doors. It's crazy how little government scrutiny they have -- on-site visits and inspections are almost non-existent -- and virtually NO PUBLIC SCRUTINY.

The centers usually have some medical staff on-site, but it's unknown how many or what positions, and of course the medical providers have obligations to respect strict patient confidentiality. Some former employees have spoken up, have made reports, have never seen any follow-up. Most of what is coming out now is coming out because of the lawsuits being filed by the few legal counselors with access to the facilities and the children.

"There seems to be a level of cruel intent I've never seen before and a real indifference to the well-being of a child," said Holly Cooper, one of the many attorneys challenging the government's detainment of minors.

In 2014, there were two deaths at one of the centers, which could not be handled totally in-house, and many public red flags were raised then -- but pretty much ignored. There was lots of talk, even some hearings, but nothing changed.

But overall, it's the level of secrecy that disturbs me the most, and makes me wonder just what all is going on in these places. Because we really have no way of knowing.

And no worries about rambling. After my two post OP??? No worries!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I don't think it's about Trump with this post. I think it is about doing what needs to be done.

It's not... well, only to the extent that Trump is part of the problem or part of the solution. But the problems didn't start with him -- that would be our congress critters! -- and the problems can't be fixed by Trump alone.

Trump has shown that he will listen to the people when he wrote that EO. If any luck maybe he will listen again. If he listens to the people who come up with reasonable solutions he will have all the votes he would need for the next election. I think it is time to see if we put the right man in office. It is time to start taking all of our leaders to task. Together, undivided.

I agree. But I also think that Trump has something in the works. He called out the Democrats for creating the loopholes that have created a human smuggling ring... I would say all our critters are responsible, but Trump didn't... and those are some pretty big words. Those are fighting words. Trump seems to have a method to his madness, and a purpose to his words. He may be crazy like a fox or he may just be crazy.

But it's time to find out. Let's see what he's got.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You're right. President Trump said at his Duluth Minnesota rally late last week, that he's preparing to go on OFFENSE, instead of merely responding to whining/attacking Dimocrats.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I agree there should be more departmental transparency and oversight but disagree on it being public. Mainly, because it has proven that the public panics. Remember the panic over Ebola here a few years ago?

I imagine many immigrants may arrive with medical conditions that may be contagious...if statistically known, the public would really freak out. I do believe they should be able to contain and treat without Joe Blow down the street needing to know all the private details of the individual's who may be our future productive and successful citizens.

It sucks for sure since our government 'seems' so corrupted. Currently, oversight seems remiss and cya seems to rule. So, once again, I am left with no real solution to offer.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

That's because they don't care about children unless they think they can use the impression to get votes.

Does anyone recall the old image of the politico hugging the baby? That's what it is here. Really he doesn't want to have anything to do with the kid, but he's mugging for the camera and it looks good to have a baby in the shot.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I was thinking that too.

Does anyone wonder where the measles came from?

And then you hear kids complaining about being forcibly medicated ... hmmm. Maybe they needed to be medicated. Maybe they had something like TB. So, ok, they don't want to take their meds, but they need them. So what do you do? Let them carry raging TB around? Not every kid is going to be super-cooperative.
edit on 24-6-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join