It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hats off to Russia. WC 2018:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well done so far in my opinion, organising a World cup in Football is no easy task. All the matches have been played in peace so far and the stadiums security is good to see. Shoulder to shoulder stewards on pitchside watching the crowds
No footage of beered up hooligans throwing chairs around and excellent prepared venues.
Russia are doing well also and I hope they continue..
With all the Doomgloom around lets have some positivity.

4. Hosts Russia defy expectations If you thumb through The National's predictions made before the finals, you will see that hosts Russia were unanimously the choice of our so-called experts to be the biggest disappointment at the tournament. How wrong could we be? Russia backed up an opening-night hammering of a hapless Saudi Arabia with a 3-1 victory over Mohamed Salah's Egypt to become the first nation to reach the knockout stages. Denis Cheryshev wasn't even in Russia's starting line-up against the Saudis but his introduction following a first-half injury to Alan Dzagoev transformed the Russians from slow and functioning to well-oiled machine. His two goals alone in that game, the first a beautiful finish following a superb dink over a sliding Saudi defender, the second a volley with the outside of his left foot, set the tone for what has been a superb tournament so far for the hosts.

www.thenational.ae... .743203:

edit on 23 6 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Title add

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You really should have milked the headline a little more to see how many people don't read threads before commenting in them.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Agree thanks. Have a great day..

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Yep , so far so good and hopefully it will continue in the same spirit as it has started.
Football transcends politics , thoroughly enjoying this World Cup.

Engerland !!!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Add these ones because they show some of the fine effort that has been put in ( Also some as usual cast negativity ).. Bravo Russia. From me anyway.

edit on 23 6 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Thats football. The best religion of all.

An hour ago:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I didn't anticipate any problems from the hooligans. Anyone who would have attempted obviously didn't do their research on Russian riot control...

They do not play.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You might want to look into how they won the bid...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Possibly like others before them won their bids ? Some level of Influence dirty or clean.
Hey Ho positive thread. Some wonderful football and friendly hosts.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Big day for Englanddddd. Lets be aving You !!

Panama's threat is a very obvious one - and one that will revive painful memories for England. Southgate's side must be wary of conceding throw-ins in dangerous positions as this will be bring the danger of Adolfo Machado into play. He has a trademark looping long throw and England need only to look back to Euro 2016 to know the pain this can inflict. Iceland's Aron Gunnarsson caused havoc for England in Nice using this ploy, leading to Ragnar Sigurdsson's goal. Panama lack serious quality but they are experienced, organised and physical. They may adopt a more positive approach as this is now a game they need to win - but the smart money is on coach Hernan Dario Gomez adopting an initial 'safety first' approach. Just watch the long throws.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Yep been very impressed so far.

Gotta say one of the best things I have noticed is the people that showed up, Japan fans cleaning the stadium after a game, opposing fans hugging each other after the game.

Havent watched much the last couple days because well to be honest I wasnt expecting much out of the games.

But ill be tuning in for the today certainly.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

It has been very good so far.

One very noticable and memorable moment for me has been Putin and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman having a chat about oil during the Russia v Saudi Arabia game.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

BBC Radio 5 (talk news) was saying the other day that all the main 'firm' boys have had a chat from cops and been told if they # this world cup finals up then they are basically going to Siberia and nobody will see them again.
I guess even the bad boys don't wanna mess with Putin's orders.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Bye Bye Germany , Take a nice Train Home.. Last winners out..

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Got to say they've surprised me.

I was one of the plenty who thought it was going to be a bit of a farce but up to now it seems to have been extremely well organised and trouble free.

I've known lots of friends who have travelled to previous World Cups but only a small handful have bothered to go to Russia. The couple who I've spoken to said it's been great; bit of friendly banter and craic with opposing fans but no trouble from them or the locals. In fact apparently all fans have mixing with each other quite freely, having a drink and a laugh.
Apparently travel has been easy and no over bearing stewarding. My friends said the police have been present but discreet and willing to help in any way.
The locals have been at worst civil and at best very welcoming....whilst almost unanimously cheering on England's opponents!

Still a long way to go but the signs are encouraging.

And the Germans are going home!!

I'm shaking my head in disbelief but on Saturday I'll be cheering on France and hoping they send Argentina home.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

As much as I dislike Argentina, I cannot ever root for France watching them is just painful for me.

Touch them... they fall down, bump them they fall down like shot with a high caliber rifle, actually tackle... its like the died.
Hate the French team with a passion.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

France or Argentina?

Its a close run thing....but the sight of Maradonna the other night just tipped the scales for me!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Croatia have impressed me. Yesterday's closer game they made a few changes as already qualified.
Lets see how Brazil get on later Serbia will be no pushovers.
Looking forward to see how good England really are tomorrow in my humble last two games a 6.5/10
and a 7/10.. Bravo Russia so far.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Meh either way Argentina is going much further, I would just love to see France taken down a peg.

Wont be much more and Argentina will bow out once more.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

For The Germans The VAR is over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join