It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks shares personal LinkedIn info of ICE agents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I'm sorry I meant they are encouraging people to attack ICE agents. Egging them on to do so.

But I understand what you are saying and yes.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
It is publically available, so what was the point of doing this other than to hand out a "target list" to unstable lefties who want to "do justice" and "punch a Nazi", and egg them on to do something?

I'm not sure what the point is other than to frighten or endanger the lives of these people and or their families. As if every ICE employee has personally seperated a family.

I agree.

I thought in past drops they had a policy of vetting info to eliminate 'unnecessary' disclosure of personal identifying information. Maybe I have that wrong.

But this drop moves me away from the generally favorable impression I had of them (which I held long before Trump).

Too bad, really.

This overreach goes too far.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Nope.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: toysforadults

I'm sorry I meant they are encouraging people to attack ICE agents. Egging them on to do so.

But I understand what you are saying and yes.

ahhhh yes, this war rhetoric has been getting amped up on both sides.... makes you wonder... what are they trying to push?

it's just sad how many many people fall for it

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jake56

The shear fact that WikiLeaks manages to piss off everybody is one of the main reasons I like them. This doesn't seem to be anything somebody with a computer couldn't have done.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Wow.

Wikileaks had me, but now they're doxxing people in the hopes of getting them killed.

Way to lose my support wikileaks.

Exactly the kind of knee-jerk reaction the headline is meant to illicit.

Unless these agents are dumb enough to post actual private info (like home addresses, SSNs, etc.) on their public Linkedin profiles, they really have haven't been doxxed by Wikileaks.

If they are dumb enough to post their personal info on a public profile, then they doxxed themselves.

That said, it's a disappointing move on Wikileaks part. Collating public profiles doesn't really constitute a "leak". It's a publicity stunt, and one done in poor taste.
edit on 6/23/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Theres no other reason for this other than doxxing for propaganda purposes and to sew violent discord.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I had agreed with that thinking in the past but now its obvious they are attempting at seeding a civil war in the USA. When you go after rank and file who under law must follow orders it is quite different than a politician making a decision.

Also, just who the F do they think they are selecting USA at random? Look at all the other genocide happening in the world by all the other guys and so were are they?

Just another entity that started out on the right path and morphed into a criminal one as they became punch drunk with their power. There are books written on this subject relating to unelected do gooders.

Did Wiki Leaks ever publish the names of all the ISIS fighters?

edit on 24-6-2018 by Jake56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Does this mean they are no longer the hero's around here?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Theres no other reason for this other than doxxing for propaganda purposes and to sew violent discord.

Perhaps you don't understand what doxxing means. Doxxing is releasing personal information on someone like SSNs, home addresses, etc..

Listing/linking public profiles that are personally created by a subject (like Facebook, MySpace, or LinkedIn) isn't doxxing.

You either don't understand the difference, or are purposefully trying to sensationalize this dumb stunt that Wikileaks pulled.
edit on 6/24/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Nah too coordinated but that's how I think. That's how I was trained.

They always have the nut balls come out so they can discredit them as being coo coo. So no one bothers to take them seriously. IE Peter Fonda, various actors and actresses , Maxine Waters, Pelozi and other Demorcrats and Republicans and now add Julian to the mix. Add to it that all schools are out for the really hot summer and walla!

A perfect storm for some summertime riots.

I will have to do another Post on Maxine Pad ~ The Coo Coo Cocoa Fluff Puff or you can run with it OP!

coo coo for cocoa puffs a strictly medical term, used to describe a patient or person that has delved into a realm of irrational, illogical and/or crazy thought processes; Affected with madness; insane to an exceeding degree characterized by weakness or feebleness; decrepit; broken; falling to decay; shaky; unsafe; foolish See that guy trying to put that square peg into that round hole? I think he's gone coo coo for cocoa puffs! by message_tied_to_a_brick June 30, 2004

edit on 25-6-2018 by Jake56 because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Does this mean its going to be the hero of the left again? Like it was before Hillary.

"Personal Info" = their LinkedIn account profiles. Cant anybody join the site and search them up?

Or does it mean that wikileaks are going to be hated by the right like it was before Trump?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Doxxing is meant for identifying and locating individuals. Sometimes all this takes is calling attention to specific profiles.

Google Dictionary

dox
däks/Submit
verbinformal
gerund or present participle: doxxing
search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.
"hackers and online vigilantes routinely dox both public and private figures"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join