It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for the Co-Existence of Humans and Dinosaurs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Is that one of the fake ones?

Oh... Too bad... I've heard the apocryphal story of the old photo in a book from well before Photoshop. I've heard and read a ton of apocryphal stories though...

If someone is hiding modern dinos they're doing a damn good job...

That doesn't mean I don't think they're being hidden necessarily, but for the life of me if they are I have no idea why!

But people do all sorts of crazy s*** I don't understand, so ... Who knows.

it is pretty thoroughly documented that not ALL dinosaurs went extinct during the cataclysmic meteor event. just most of them. certain species lived long enough to put up a little fight.
edit on 16-7-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well yeah... I'm aware in a kinda general way of this, but the specifics aren't something I have a great understanding of.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I don't know. I'm still inclined to believe that maybe dinosaurs are still alive and kicking in another dimension.

If you look at a chart of the lengths of time periods leading up to the present, the "non avian dinosaurs" had quite a long run, and the lost out in some kind of cosmic disaster 66 million years ago.

upload.wikimedia.org...

There could be quite a lot of nearby "alternate dimensions" where that didn't happen. And absent that impact, there isn't a whole lot of reason why they would go extinct by non-cataclysmic natural selection.

So maybe some mystical humans could see into that dimension. Or maybe the occasional dino has managed to visit. (Maybe cracks or portals form occasionally, but we don't hear about it because those who leave never come back.)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That is more plausible to me than the idea of a few dinos actually living out the 66 million years since they are supposed to have died out.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ok.
First, OP, thank you for a wonderful thread! S&F!
Second, Yep, I believe that some survived. Not many, but some.
Third, Thanks to Charlyv for the video link. That pic, and a few other things I've read and seen pictures of, before the internet was "mainstream" are why, besides my "gut" just saying "yes humans saw some dino's"

Now, tongue in cheek:

I am now going to start worshiping the crocs and alligators.
Hell, they managed to survive, virtually unchanged for millions of years, while every dino did not? (not including birds here kids)
How are they not ruling us?
edit on 17-7-2018 by chiefsmom because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Tiny brains and big teeth are good for survival and not so good for civilization?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

The Egyptians had temples to crocs full of crocs.

If anyone, wouldn't they have a temple or two to Dinos?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
After the last mass extinction, mammals thrived, yet dinosaurs died out. I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that some dinosaurs, like mammals, survived...particularly the smaller ones that were either herbivores or omnivores.

But then along came humans with there tendency to kill anything that moves. Any remaining dinosaurs would most likely have been hunted out of either fear of them, or for whatever other reason people have for killing things.

Their numbers would have likely been few to begin with and just like the Dodo and the Mammoth, man soon seen an end to them.

If crocodiles survived through the ages, I don't see why others couldn't have.

As for dragons, I guess the right dino that did (maybe) survive could have made it into folklore as a fire breathing serpent like beast, we do have a good imagination do us humans.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Dinosaurs don't float very well but some of the people alive with them sure did because we are here now...and the Flood before Noahs flood kinda wiped them out.....funny thing is these floods are cyclical and one is due in 2021...good luck to all...why not surprise everyone this Christmas with their own set of Water-wings.
edit on 22-7-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

But then along came humans with there tendency to kill anything that moves. Any remaining dinosaurs would most likely have been hunted out of either fear of them, or for whatever other reason people have for killing things.

That's true. Especially megafauna.

Human hunters always preferred the "big score" if they could get it. Take humans out of the equation for a long time, and megafauna would probably come right back.

Not the dinos, sadly. But maybe deer would go back to being giant deer.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

I rode a buffalo once... We don't really want those back, trust me!

I know many of you are probably thinking that you're not supposed to ride them and this was operator error/improper utilization of equipment...

But if I wasn't supposed to ride it someone should have put a warning label on it or something.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
it is pretty thoroughly documented that not ALL dinosaurs went extinct during the cataclysmic meteor event. just most of them. certain species lived long enough to put up a little fight.

If only a few dinosaurs survived a theoretical 70 million year old cataclysm, we would expect only a few dinosaur samples to be detectable through carbon dating. But this is not what we see. On the contrary, all C-14 dating so far has only shown 4,000-40,000 years old. Around 20 different dinosaur remains have been tested by various labs and scientists. This, along with the abundance of historical evidence, is a large enough sample to consider a new paradigm for human history.

There are no scientific observations that rely on the theory of evolution, but people's jobs do rely on the theory of evolution, so it may be a while until this data is no longer ignored on the mainstream.
edit on 25-7-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Cooper buddy... Don't go back to those two things man...

You're just wrong on both of them and you insisting on trying to package them in because they fit a narrative that fits your religious agenda only serves to weaken this thread.

The no scientific observations that rely on the theory of evolution statement is just so entirely off topic that I genuinely don't understand why you would feel compelled to bring it up in the first place. It's also ridiculously and blatantly false.

I mean it's your thread and you're gonna do what you want but this is a really terrible way to go about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

If only a few dinosaurs survived a theoretical 70 million year old cataclysm, we would expect only a few dinosaur samples to be detectable through carbon dating. But this is not what we see. On the contrary, all C-14 dating so far has only shown 4,000-40,000 years old. Around 20 different dinosaur remains have been tested by various labs and scientists. This, along with the abundance of historical evidence, is a large enough sample to consider a new paradigm for human history.

There are no scientific observations that rely on the theory of evolution, but people's jobs do rely on the theory of evolution, so it may be a while until this data is no longer ignored on the mainstream.

you are absolutely right, the pieces you have assembled in this thread are cause for consideration. your mistake is in assuming this consideration is the same as reaching a conclusion. your stories and anecdotes and cave drawings are simply not enough to overturn the work of thousands of field experts who built the foundation of modern science. proving something is plausible and proving it is probable are two very different milestones in the journey of publication. next time maybe provide more experiment data and less scripture.
edit on 25-7-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie
a reply to: Tzarchasm

I simply said it is worth considering new possibilities. If all dinosaurs are less than 40,000 years old then this throws out the theory of evolution. I know this threatens the dogmatic beliefs of the long standing paradigm so I understand your skepticism. The data will speak for itself, but the biases of the current paradigm need to be removed to understand the implications of the results.

I challenge any and all scientists to further investigate the initial C-14 data on dinosaurs. As any real scientist, you all should be open to new possibilities based on emerging empirical data.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

a reply to: roguetechie
a reply to: Tzarchasm

I simply said it is worth considering new possibilities. If all dinosaurs are less than 40,000 years old then this throws out the theory of evolution. I know this threatens the dogmatic beliefs of the long standing paradigm so I understand your skepticism. The data will speak for itself, but the biases of the current paradigm need to be removed to understand the implications of the results.

I challenge any and all scientists to further investigate the initial C-14 data on dinosaurs. As any real scientist, you all should be open to new possibilities based on emerging empirical data.

there is a reason this conversation is happening on a conspiracy forum instead of your classroom at harvard.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

there is a reason this conversation is happening on a conspiracy forum instead of your classroom at harvard.

Perhaps because the current paradigm is too proud to consider it may have be wrong. The scientific priesthood you seem to put on a pedestal are just as fallible as you and I. To deify their opinion over observable data would be to totally take away your right as a human to discern truth on your own accord.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Perhaps because the current paradigm is too proud to consider it may have be wrong. The scientific priesthood you seem to put on a pedestal are just as fallible as you and I. To deify their opinion over observable data would be to totally take away your right as a human to discern truth on your own accord.

and now you are back to ad hominem, attacking the opposing party instead of refuting its research.

i will show myself out.
edit on 25-7-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Imagination is not reality

If I draw a picture of godzilla and write a description of the story that doesn't mean it happened

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I disagree with the OP's hypothesis entirely...... But, an excellent post and nice to see something actually relating to the sites purpose!

S&F

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join