It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for the Co-Existence of Humans and Dinosaurs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
aaahhh yes....it's so nice to know that back along time ago, NOBODY made anything up, all art and written stories depicted on walls, cliffs, caves, rocks, tablets, etc.....were true representatives of actual animals, actual events, and human like beings.....there were no story tellers, no wanderers who would tell a fantastical story for a meal or shelter.....because like now, NOBODY back then, made anything up for personal gain........and people wonder why trump got elected......
edit on 9-7-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

And liberals wonder why normal people talk about Trump Derangement Syndrome....

Seriously GFYS with that entire tired ass lame ass vomiting forth of liberal butthurt

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
aaahhh yes....it's so nice to know that back along time ago, NOBODY made anything up, all art and written stories depicted on walls, cliffs, caves, rocks, tablets, etc.....were true representatives of actual animals, actual events, and human like beings.....there were no story tellers, no wanderers who would tell a fantastical story for a meal or shelter.....because like now, NOBODY back then, made anything up for personal gain........and people wonder why trump got elected......

So you're saying all these depictions, which could be properly identified by children, were all coincidental? It is much more likely that they saw what they were depicting, rather than drawing at random what so happens to look like dinosaurs. Ask any child to identify these creatures, they are free from the biases that many adults have collected through their lives.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

There's several that really are ... Thought provoking.

And as your OP pointed out, the stories were EVERYWHERE!

Just assuming that they're ALL FICTION and just somehow all the people had remarkably consistent descriptions even though some of them definitely didn't have contact with each other... That's truly insane!

While I disagree with you extremely vehemently on the c14 and behemoth thing, I think you're very right to bring up a lot of the other stuff you did!

I also 100% agree that there definitely are agendas being pushed that have nothing to do with accurately chronicling our past and the history of the planet and it's ecosystem!

Good hell!!!

There's an interview with some well respected Egyptologists and other very mainstream people from academia who make no bones about how them saying the wrong thing on Google hangout posted to YouTube channel with under 100k subscribers would be enough to completely END THEIR CAREERS!

You're not wrong for saying a lot of what you're saying.

I know that you guys have this big narrative about what you think I am, what you think I believe, and what biases you think I hold.... And you're wrong!

I have no respect for lies and agenda pushing regardless of who does it!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

know that you guys have this big narrative about what you think I am, what you think I believe, and what biases you think I hold.... And you're wrong!

I did not make any presumptions about your character, I was just responding to what you were saying. As I said before, we are all on this journey together.

While I disagree with you extremely vehemently on the c14

People lost their jobs trying to present C-14 data on dinosaurs... To blindly dismiss their data would be irresponsible.
edit on 10-7-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I didn't blindly dismiss the claims at all.... I looked into them very carefully and from a variety of sources etc to include nonmainstream etc!

(Because even establishment scientists and researchers will outright tell you exactly how broken the peer review process, the interdepartmental politics, and a bunch of other stuff can be!)

When it comes to anything "fringe" controversial or et cetera.... It basically doesn't work at all! (Egyptology and zahi hawas I'm looking at you!)

That means we as people interested in the truth have to try our best to make sense of the conflicting claims etc and use our best discernment to try and tease out the facts hidden in the fiction. It really sucks!

That's why I very specifically brought up the Dino blood paleontologist lady's interview on the NonSequitur Show on YT! It's a small enough channel to fly under the radar of the Establishment types as well as having very fair, even handed, and open minded presenters. At least they were really good in this particular show with her, they have areas and subjects where they're militantly establishment narrative pitbulls too. But in this one case they did awesome. They also don't buy the party line from academia on certain historical and etc topics without falling into full on woo peddling.

Really, please do check it out!

It's very worth it on so many levels that I think could help us people in your thread find some common ground and a basis for working together.

Especially since the actual Dino Lady is a believer in Christianity like you while also having a dedication to GOOD SCIENCE!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie

Just assuming that they're ALL FICTION and just somehow all the people had remarkably consistent descriptions even though some of them definitely didn't have contact with each other... That's truly insane!

They are not that consistent. Chinese dragons have long bodies, no wings, and their heads look more like the head of a lion than the head of a lizard.

European dragons have effectively 6 limbs, 4 legs and 2 wings. A trait that doesn't and hasn't ever appeared in any vertebrate that has ever evolved on Earth. (Insects are not considered vertebrates.)

If an ancient finds a big dinosaur head, with sharp teeth, that would be enough for the whole imagination cycle to run. They wouldn't be able to imagine it being millions of years old. Or even a thousand. They would think what they had found demonstrated a race of giant lizards must be alive in their time.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
some good evidence, fascinating cultural parallels, cute artistry, flawed premise. based on the provided materials, i do not agree with your conclusion. but they are educational materials still. have a star for that much.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
When were all of these drawings found, with some sort of dinosaur-like creatures?

Nobody found any of them before they had first found 'actual' dinosaur fossils, right?

No mention of the drawings?

Thousands of years pass by without finding a dinosaur fossil, or a drawing of a dinosaur, then?

Tall tales, indeed!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Some great examples, and a few I hadn't seen already. Regardless of the claims of some, no, they have not been "debunked". Someone expressing the opinion that the carving/drawing/whatever isn't really what it clearly is, is not debunking. It's skepticism. Some want us to accept and believe that all of these example of dinosaurs in ancient artwork are something else, and yet they look just like dinosaurs, as nothing else really does. The denial is ridiculous. People even report sightings in modern times, on semi-rare occasions. There are some intriguing videos. There are countless "legends" from cultures all over the planet. All long before we were digging up the bones, and reassembling them, and making models, etc, too. All coincidence? All mistaken identity? Hardly.

Fascinating data on the dating of those bones. Not at all surprised.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Qumulys

Actually, its not that either.

Pareidolia is the psychological phenomenon of perceiving significance in vague or random stim-uli, e.g., seeing animals in clouds or the face of a religious figure in a food item. The results of this investigation indicate that the dinosaurs of Kachina Bridge are examples of this phenomenon and exist only as pareidolic illusions.

citeseerx.ist.psu.edu...

So, you think a nit of wall art, showing a dinosaur, is us assigning the shape to some random thing? This isn't a cloud, or food, or whatever; it's artwork, and meant to represent something real to the artist.

Total coincidence it happens to look like an apatosaurus, though, I am sure.....

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Xtrozero

So carbon dating can only date the last 50k years.
Can someone eplain how they say mountain ranges are 200 million years old?

Therefore, by examining the ratio of carbon-14 atoms to carbon-12 atoms, scientists could determine the age of organisms' remains up to about 70,000 years. In 1960, this feat, called radiocarbon dating, earned its discoverer, American chemist William Frank Libby, the Nobel Prize for Chemistry.

Scientists then applied this dating technique to inorganic materials like rocks. They were able to measure the decay of various isotopes like uranium- 238 and thorium-232 in rocks to determine their absolute ages. The half-life of uranium-238, for example, is 4.5 billion years. Based on this science, we have been able to date rocks tens and hundreds of million years old and have determined that the Earth itself is some 4.6 billion years old.

This might help a little...

Now, perhaps you can explain how they know the exact amounts of the initial isotopes in the samples? How do they know what happened to said samples, in way of cross-contamination, over the years? Simple fact is, no one can know.
edit on 13-7-2018 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Now, perhaps you can explain how they know the exact amounts of the initial isotopes in the samples? How do they know what happened to said samples, in way of cross-contamination, over the years? Simple fact is, no one can know.

Well when you do 1000s/10,000s of samplings and the vast majority fit a pretty good pattern I think you can suggest they are in the ball park.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well when you do 1000s/10,000s of samplings and the vast majority fit a pretty good pattern I think you can suggest they are in the ball park.

What pattern? They can't know the age without testing, and they cannot show what has happened to the sample over time. That's the problem with such dating methods. The world is not a closed system.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

What pattern? They can't know the age without testing, and they cannot show what has happened to the sample over time. That's the problem with such dating methods. The world is not a closed system.

How do you know?

Can I ask your expertise in all this? Are you an extreme genius, and/or 30 plus years in the field that you devoted your life to?

Are you the cutting edge to this technology, or do you just think you are right? It seems to me that you have set beliefs in all this with very little understanding how they get from, 100 to 500, 1000, 10,000, to 100,000 to 500,000 and so on in years...

There is extreme amount to testing from many different directions to validate different methods.

I'm not here to debate you on this...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Everyone knows why the Unicorns didn't make the Ark...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
One of my favorites....

A genuine photograph with a real animal that is obviously an extant pterosaur.

A real mystery.

Ptp photo analysis

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Which is really interesting from the perspective that the imperial Japanese Army got in at least one running fight with what sure sounds like a pterosaur of some kind too.

It's extremely hard to know what to believe though.

And if you do start believing these disparate incidents happened yet there is NO physical evidence for any of them ... You really have to wonder about how that could happen.

Are there actually groups out there who clean up inconvenient stuff that doesn't match official history?

If there are, why do they exist?! (Or more accurately why do they still exist maybe?)

I don't know though because I'm one of those people who just wants to know the real answer to questions and I fundamentally do not understand why anyone would ever deliberately work to ensure false information is labeled as true.

I see it happening all the time across every possible field of human knowledge, but I don't get it.

Whether it be the pro gun control types commissioning studies and then never mentioning them again because they don't get the answers they want, to the joke that is Egyptology, and others that I think most of us can recognize as not right with minimal effort. This happens disturbingly often.

I don't get it though.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
One of my favorites....

A genuine photograph with a real animal that is obviously an extant pterosaur.

A real mystery.

Ptp photo analysis

Look at the foot of the soldier standing with one foot on its beak. That's photoshopped. Pretty good photoshop, but still photoshop. And the shadow cast by its wing toward the left of the picture. It's way too much shadow. The soldiers aren't casting shadows that solid and definite.

It's too bad, because I would like to believe it. But the bird just doesn't match the background. Everything else is more blurry (like an 1800's pic using low tech cameras should be.)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Is that one of the fake ones?

Oh... Too bad... I've heard the apocryphal story of the old photo in a book from well before Photoshop. I've heard and read a ton of apocryphal stories though...

If someone is hiding modern dinos they're doing a damn good job...

That doesn't mean I don't think they're being hidden necessarily, but for the life of me if they are I have no idea why!

But people do all sorts of crazy s*** I don't understand, so ... Who knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join