It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump migrant separation policy: Children 'in cages' in Texas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: underwerks

Illegal immigration is a problem that will never go away, as long as we continue to support domestic drug laws which turn a lot of the areas south of the border into war zones.

I seriously couldn't agree more. I think that will happen for marijuana, but we have to be realists on everything else.

I've always been a proponent of addressing root problems, it's better for everyone and it's cheaper.

I try and be as empathetic as I can. But just opening up the borders and not detaining those who come here would just make the living conditions in America worse, and who does that help?

That being said, I think we should turn the illegal immigrants away for their own benefit as well as rewarding those who use the system properly.

Immigrants who are undocumented in this country get taken advantage of and have no protection under the law. They don't get minimum wage, safe working conditions, and unfortunately many get sexually assaulted knowing there will be no repercussions.

We saw a story today of an SUV running from authorities which cost five people their lives.

So I'm all for trying to fix root problems... Putting illegal immigrants behind fenced areas during processing is not one of those.

I can agree with that. What I’m trying to figure out is why are we detaining them at all? If the goal is to deport them, then send them back. Why keep them locked up in pens where they are made into a hot button issue?

There’s only one explanation, and it’s because someone in charge is wanting to use them as political capital.

If they did turn them back and something happens then everyone would be crying how cruel this administration is for not caring.

Lose lose.

Maybe. Maybe not.

I doubt we would even be hearing about it if it wasn’t made an issue by the current administration.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The same thing was happening under Obama when he held a majority and could have passed anything. Strange how the media conveniently ignores these facts.

Where was the outrage when Obama was in office?

If you need proof Obama could have passed anything just check out the ACA.

Obama NEVER did this, you're lying

This is the problem we are talking about, are you being honest with yourself?

Smh.

link   
With this, we know who is a barbarian and who is a human being.

The trouble is GOP conservative philosophies, which are inhuman and barbaric are proud of their barbarism

They don’t even realize their barbarians.

Here, this link at least is some humane Trump supporters. But they don’t understand Trump and many of his followers are too blind to see the enormity of their crimes and evil acts

Some Prominent Conservatives Call On Trump To Stop Separating Migrant Parents & Children

www.huffingtonpost.com...

link   

Bad is bad, regardless of who does it.

Like someone who illegally crosses a border. I'm not saying they're bad people, but what they did is bad. Seriously, if I tried it I would be subject to the same process.

So why is America and only America vilified when every developed country dealing with this problem does the same thing?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Illegal immigration is a problem that will never go away, as long as we continue to support domestic drug laws which turn a lot of the areas south of the border into war zones.

I seriously couldn't agree more. I think that will happen for marijuana, but we have to be realists on everything else.

I've always been a proponent of addressing root problems, it's better for everyone and it's cheaper.

I try and be as empathetic as I can. But just opening up the borders and not detaining those who come here would just make the living conditions in America worse, and who does that help?

That being said, I think we should turn the illegal immigrants away for their own benefit as well as rewarding those who use the system properly.

Immigrants who are undocumented in this country get taken advantage of and have no protection under the law. They don't get minimum wage, safe working conditions, and unfortunately many get sexually assaulted knowing there will be no repercussions.

We saw a story today of an SUV running from authorities which cost five people their lives.

So I'm all for trying to fix root problems... Putting illegal immigrants behind fenced areas during processing is not one of those.

I can agree with that. What I’m trying to figure out is why are we detaining them at all? If the goal is to deport them, then send them back. Why keep them locked up in pens where they are made into a hot button issue?

There’s only one explanation, and it’s because someone in charge is wanting to use them as political capital.

If they did turn them back and something happens then everyone would be crying how cruel this administration is for not caring.

Lose lose.

I doubt we would even be hearing about it if it wasn’t made an issue by the current administration.

Lol, okay.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

it's not a law it's a policy that can be changed easily.

let the kids stay with thier parents, ffs.

both sides need to come together and discuss rationally. i've heard A LOT of republicans say the wall is a dumb idea, and a huge waste of money. but, trump NEEDS this wall so he's blinded by it and nothing gets done.

obama did not seperate kids from their parents.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Isurrender73

The same thing was happening under Obama when he held a majority and could have passed anything. Strange how the media conveniently ignores these facts.

Where was the outrage when Obama was in office?

If you need proof Obama could have passed anything just check out the ACA.

Obama NEVER did this, you're lying

This is the problem we are talking about, are you being honest with yourself?

Smh.

Obama’s Homeland security chief who presided over this area said THEY DIDN’T DO THIS

Bush didn’t even do it

Unlike you, I research before I post

Its true under Obama they did throw a lot of illegals out, nobody's denying that but they didn't do this

thehill.com...

edit on 18-6-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

it doesn't help when trump goes on and on about these people being rapist and druggies and up to no good. he did it again this morning and he really should stop that.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I absolutely am against ILLEGAL immigration.

However, I truly feel little children should not be separated from their mothers, or guardian (father). This can be very traumatic for a child.

I hope they can change this.

That's great--so, if these "mothers" or "guardians" (why the hell would you call fathers "guardians" and not mothers, too?) have no way to prove that these children are actually theirs, then how can you as an agent of the government tasked with enforcing illegal-immigration laws know that you're not prolonging a child-trafficking relationship between a child and an adult?

We cannot just assume that a child belongs to an adult just on their word--especially when they're caught circumventing border laws. To someone who has spent plenty of time in the trenches of the justice system, ignoring the need for proper documentation is a recipe for disaster.

Being yanked away from the only life that you know can be traumatic for a child.

Traveling across Central and the lower part of North America in sweltering heat can be traumatic for a child.

Having parents get detained for breaking the laws of a foreign country can be traumatic for a child.

And yes, having to be put into a housing facility as a rather innocent (most of them) victim to the actions of their parent can be a traumatizing ordeal, for sure.

But make no mistake, it is the actions of the parents who are putting these children in these facilities. As a nation of laws (laws that Obama suspended while in office rather unilaterally and illegally, mind you), we cannot ignore the prescribed handling of these illegal activities, nor can we just assume as a collective people that all adults with children in tow can be taken at face value when they say that a child is their biological child or that they have legal guardianship over them.

You say that "[you] hope they can change this," but change it to what? The biggest problem is that there are not any realistic alternatives being introduced, just anger and outrage.

So system that has to combat this problem will ever be fair to the most innocent victims (usually the children), but we cannot just ignore the fact the their parents/guardians/sponsors broke federal law and that laws on the books tell us to separate these children while their parents are being processed through the system.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Like someone who illegally crosses a border. I'm not saying they're bad people, but what they did is bad. Seriously, if I tried it I would be subject to the same process.

So why is America and only America vilified when every developed country dealing with this problem does the same thing?

I always thought America was supposed to be different, better than most of the rest of the world in how we are and how we treat people. That whole Statue of Liberty thing..

For a country where the elected party espouses nationalism, a lot of people seem happy to use the rest of the world as a metric to measure ourselves.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: CriticalStinker

it doesn't help when trump goes on and on about these people being rapist and druggies and up to no good. he did it again this morning and he really should stop that.

I'll agree with you, but he won't.

No one is going to win on this topic, I can promise you that.

But seriously, I'm sure there are gofund me pages for everyone who is truly outraged.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Next time try researching with the monitor on.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Separating Children From Their Parents Is a New Low for Our Immigration System

www.thenation.com...

The Trump administration has been systematically dividing families, opening traumatized migrants to greater distress.

President Trump’s new “zero tolerance” immigration policy aims at “taking back” the country by taking children from parents. About 700 families have in recent months been systematically separated, with children being separated from parents—even when families could legitimately apply for asylum, and even when doing so puts already terrorized families at even greater risk.

Trump and his administration are on a new low. Almost a level with a Hitler.

www.thenation.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I always thought America was supposed to be different, better than most of the rest of the world in how we are and how we treat people. That whole Statue of Liberty thing..

For a country where the elected party espouses nationalism, a lot of people seem happy to use the rest of the world as a metric to measure ourselves.

Well in some ways we're damned one way or the other. Because people are going to be outraged no matter what we do. Unfortunately we just can't let everyone in, it would cripple this country.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Send them back immediately, build the wall, problem solved.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Trump and his administration are on a new low. Almost a level with a Hitler.

Hitler kept people in air conditioned buildings then sent them back to their country?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Next time try researching with the monitor on.

Some people are so blind in their heart and souls, so selfish and spiritually devoid of empathy and compassion they’re blind inwardly

Trump and those who can’t see the evil in this are blind like that

There’s an old saying

If the shoe fits wear it

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Send them back immediately, build the wall, problem solved.

I think that is the point of contriving the situation in the first place.

In order to garner support and funding for the wall and possibly ig report cover.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Are you just ignorant? This policy may go back to Clinton.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You should ask Sulaiman Hakim and his sister Jenna which administration sent their mother away without her children.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join