It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump directing Pentagon to set up "Space Force" as a "separate but equal" branch of the military

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

President John F. Kennedy, famously stated “We choose to go to the Moon!

So did Edgar Allen Poe but warp drive?
They haven't fully disclosed FTL shuttered systems from the 60's yet.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

yaup , count on it
what they clean up will be replaced with really cool stuff

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: projectvxn

President John F. Kennedy, famously stated “We choose to go to the Moon!

So did Edgar Allen Poe but warp drive?
They haven't fully disclosed FTL shuttered systems from the 60's yet.

White–Juday warp-field interferometer

Which is, of course, an older, drunker uncle of the now famous LIGO experiment that gave us gravitational waves.

The results of this experiment were inconclusive, though I believe it was the energy levels being worked with that may have played a role.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

they got Kim to agree to de nuke

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Fifteen knots or less between stall and overspeed.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: links234

We have three Space Commands that do the same thing, but for their individual services, and don't work under one umbrella. Which means lots of unnecessary overlap that will go away.

But will it really, Zaph?

Each of those current space commands represents hundreds, if not thousands, of jobs and millions, if not billions of dollars in funding for each of those individual services.

Not to mention the ancillary jobs and revenue generated in the cities were bases for those commands are located.

The kind of “consolidation “ you’re suggesting this action would entail will stir up a hornet’s nest of opposition once the affected parties realize the impact it will have in their careers and finances.

And that means Congress will have a difficult time agreeing to the legislation and appropriations necessary to get a stand-alone “separate but equal” Space Command off the ground.
edit on 18-6-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I bet they hold the best parades in space.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yes, this doesn't sound like a waste of taxpayer's money at all.

: @@ :

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
... unless this is a part of the set-up, and so many UFO tin-hatters are right.

The next false flag will be an alien invasion.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Fifteen knots or less between stall and overspeed.

I think he said that if he came in and was 3 knots over stall on landing it was another full go-around. They needed to stall the plane onto the runway...lol

He also told me a friend of his was in an accident and he always saw his friend as a much better pilot then him.
edit on 18-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

The Air Force is the lion's share of budget for space activities. Their 2018 budget is about $11B. As far as the jobs go, they're going to need as many or more for the new command. As for the budget, you'd be surprised. Most of the leadership isn't big on the space mission to begin with.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

They don't quite stall it, but they are pretty close when they touch down. It depends on altitude but it's as low as 5 knots for the coffin corner.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Latest "news" is that the new Space Force's main charter will be to direct the cleanup of all the satellite debris in space.

Ha, and Space x I believe just pushed back their date for moon trips.

The conspiracy minded would say that this is because there are no satellites, so they have to pretend to clean them up before letting private companies out there that could expose the conspiracy.

After all, 92% of international communications go through the undersea cables, so where are all the satellites?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Communications, other than the military was never supposed to be through satellites. It's expensive and inconvenient for the average person. You can sit just after dark and watch lots of satellites going over your head, and find lots of pictures from amateurs on the net.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm dead.

Utterly and completely dead.

Regardless if you are democrat or republican surely....SURELY we can agree that this Trump is utterly mental hahahahahha I honestly haven't laughed so much in my life....... a space force......

Let me say that again....

A SPACE FORCE

hahahahhahhahaha

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

The military has a separate space division for all the services already. They overlap and duplicate each other in several ways. It makes a lot more sense to consolidate them into one organization and distribute the information to each service based on their need.

Not only that, but those branches are headed by people who know little or less about space programs. The Pentagon machine is a highly political one, so when you have branches as currently headed by a former Marine aviator, a previous low-level NATO planning advisor, and a former infantry officer, it shan't be too surprising that when the budget wish list is given to the administration that space programs, however essential, are kept on subsistence level funding in lieu of other priorities for those branches (planes, tanks, ships, etc).

Everyone wants to know that GPS and reconnaissance sats will continue operating. Expanding capabilities is something of an after thought.

Of real interest will be how the NRO is handled in this realignment.
edit on 18-6-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here is what to do.

1 - Go to Facebook
2 - hit gif icon in status
3 - type in "space force"
4 - Prepare to laugh
5 - View the gif of Trump dominating space

You are welcome.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think Trump knows China could get ahead of the U.S.with space programs..........still the technology is gonna get worse and worse intrusive.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Don't we already have the The Earth Defense Force?

US Navy And NASA Have A Fully Operational Space Fleet
www.disclose.tv...

www.ancient-code.com...

edit on 18-6-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

It would be interesting to see what they could have done with one with hydraulics. Thing is a bitch and a half to fly.

I didn't know that.

How good were the aviation hydraulics back in the day?

I know from your experience evidenced in your posts here over time, that your opinion about the utility of same in the U2 is probably spot on.

Was it a design decision or was it not feasible for some reason?

It also speaks to the necessity of having very good pilots in the cockpit that can handle a difficult aircraft under all sorts of conditions I bet...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join