It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is fathers day all about?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I agree. Screw the hallmark holidays-A beer and a bonding session while watching football is all you need.

We do that at least once a week. His girlfriend moved into his place a few months ago though (he is my next door neighbour) and since then it's felt like it's a man down lol

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Hi Corny-

Here in the U.S. there is a "holiday" each month whether We like it or not. Then because the ones who own the shops, OWE the ones who make the rules, they have an 'Onus' and to pay this off, the ones who own the shops have their BIGGEST SALE at the end of the year and call this "Chris†mas™" where once again "They" use JesusTheChris† and to $ell this story, "They" even put it in their 'Rule Book' (Sure it reads as if it were "Horus" but Horus doesn't do XMas)

Who is the very LAST PERSON who would want You to cut down a perfectly LIVING tree; decorate it with a bunch of trinkets and shiny lights (DO THE HOUSE TOO) and then put a bunch of ¢ommercial crap that nobody needs underneath the tree You just KILLED? Now the parents will have to work even more hours to pay for the crap their kids HAD TO HAVE... They ALL are a racket!!!

Plus....

"My Father does art in Heaven..."

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
To any and all fathers popping into this post - happy Father's Day!

My family gave me my present on Friday afternoon.
3 hours of tattoo time!
Got my left hand added too.
Happy Father's Day to all, even the mothers whom have assumed the role!

Congratulations "Lefty"

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Curiously I am into Mothering Sunday, and my mother, plus the mother of my son always get a heartfelt message in a card with a present.
Maybe it's just being a bloke who has plenty of fun with my son so I'm like don't bother lad, I know you love me.
He beat me at pool earlier though and the side bet was a Sambuca...didn't even give me a pass on this 'special' day lol

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I am a step daddy. He is out of college. Graduated with honors, deans list. One time he impressed me was when he grabbed his guitar and went into the basement. He was listening to some Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven. He came upstairs and said check this out. Damn if it didn't sound pretty good for a boy of eleven. Took him like five minutes to figure it out. He is the same way with the piano. He never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Step dad is a valued role, I was one for seven years, treated him as my own.
All kids need is a role model, blood relation is irrelevant in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I know that. One must lead by example. I made sure he had everything he needed to succeed in life growing up. Not just monetary either. I like to think while I was teaching him he was teaching me.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Ah, that's lovely mate

I treat all kids like my own, had a happy meal at McD's yeterday, gave the toy to a dad with his kid, the little boy said thank you all polite, made me smile.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Happy fathers And I truly mean that. Enjoy this day with your loved ones and make a memorable experience that you will never forget.

He doesn't know what he's missing, evidently. Thank you for the warm wishes, Son. This Father Loves you.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Do you mean me?
I've had a lovely day, but I do think the whole fathers day thing is lame though, sorry, it's fathers day every time I do stuff with my son...he did cook me some fantastic food tonight though, even if he did beat me at pool in the pub earlier lol

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Oh sorry,

Do you mean me?

Yes, you !
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown
Gosh you seem bitter.
...maybe I've misinterpreted you?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Mine took me out for a meal, sizzling steak.The steak was as tough as fu##, so I had to suffer in silence and enjoy it. What us dads have to go through heh.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Lol...I had a Chinese takeaway container of leftovers

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
I'm hijacking this thread for just a quick second:

Happy Day to Just You
You were loved by your father
You are still loved by your father, but your dad has lost some of his priorities and the focus of the most important person in his life. Hang on to what you shared, it is still there. He is missing you. You are loved.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads!!!!!
edit on 17/6/18 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Aw, that was nice

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

People want to feel special, so we set up these special days to revere those who are special.

To us, anyway.

For me, its another Sunday. I smoke something for supper most Sundays...yesterday wasn't really any different. Maybe my excuse for laziness was a bit more convenient...but i'd have had one nonetheless.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join