It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we in a global cooling period?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Lot of talk about global warming however there are some out there who think we are entering into a cooling phase.

Few things that happen during a cooling period:
Decline in fertility rates
Mass migration
Droughts
Solar minumum crop loss

Little Ice Age

The Little Ice Age was a period of regionally cold conditions between roughly AD 1300 and 1850. The term “Little Ice Age” is somewhat questionable, because there was no single, well-defined period of prolonged cold. There were two phases of the Little Ice Age, the first beginning around 1290 and continuing until the late 1400s. There was a slightly warmer period in the 1500s, after which the climate deteriorated substantially, with the coldest period between 1645 and 1715 . During this coldest phase of the Little Ice Age there are indications that average winter temperatures in Europe and North America were as much as 2°C lower than at present.

The little ice age otherwise known as the Medieval period was a time of a lot of darkness in the world. Known for brutality from humans, starvation, mass migration and a low point in human culture, kind of like now.

Maunder Minimum The exact cause of the Little Ice Age is unknown, but there is a striking coincidence in the sunspot cycle and the timing of the Little Ice Age. During the Little Ice Age, there is a minimum in sunspots, indicating an inactive and possibly cooler sun. This absence of sunspots is called the Maunder Minimum.

What caused the little ice age? A maunder minumum. What's that you ask?

The Guardian

Every 11 years or so, the sunspots become much rarer. Between 2011 and 2015, there were only 3 sunspot-free days. In 2017, 104 days were free. Already this year, spots have been absent for more than 50 days. This clearly shows we are heading for solar minimum, expected to arrive next year.

Apparently we are headed into one of these cooling periods...

Record snow in Sweden
Moscow snow breaks record
Snow blankets Rome as Europe hit with record low temps
April 2018 coldest in 2 decades for US

North Korean drought

North Korea is still recovering from a deadly famine in the late 1990s, and the UN's World Food Programme estimates 70% of the country's 25 million people still don't eat a "sufficiently diverse diet."

So is the coming maunder minimum the reason for the sudden change in attitude for North Korea?

Are we entering a cooling phase?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The little ice age otherwise known as the Medieval period was a time of a lot of darkness in the world. Known for brutality from humans, starvation, mass migration and a low point in human culture, kind of like now.

Erm... The Medieval period was a sociological phase in Europe.

Not exactly the end of the world anywhere else.

So now we are having mass migrations, starvation and an uptick in human brutality?

Which to you is caused by sunspots?

Not sure where you were trying to go with this, but it fell apart for me right there...

And does this finally mean we can stop talking about carbon emissions causing global warming and we can finally blame warming and cooling on... ~gasp~... our only heat source, the sun?

Just stuff I was thinking... ~shrug~

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm patient. I can wait for a decent response.
edit on 16-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Upon examination of the goat entrails and the patterns of the rising smoke from the incense, I predict no such cooling.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes the 100 years we have been keeping temperature readings, sort of pale into insignificance, with the time frames that we should be dealing with.

Also to mention the Warming period of 2000+ years ago...Egyptians, Sumerians, all the ancient ME civilisations, the Greeks, the Roman expansion, and the warming period of 1000 years ago, the exploring of the Vikings with North American contact, Greenland, the Mongol expansion, Polynesian expansion in the Pacific, Incas, Aztecs, Chinese etc etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Also to mention the Warming period of 2000+ years ago...Egyptians, Sumerians, all the ancient ME civilisations, the Greeks, the Roman expansion, and the warming period of 1000 years ago, the exploring of the Vikings with North American contact, Greenland, the Mongol expansion, Polynesian expansion in the Pacific, Incas, Aztecs, Chinese etc etc.

what do you mean?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Its been in the 90s all week here and its only June.. I would love a little global cooling..

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Lot of talk about global warming however there are some out there who think we are entering into a cooling phase.

Few things that happen during a cooling period:
Decline in fertility rates
Mass migration
Droughts
Solar minumum crop loss

Little Ice Age

The Little Ice Age was a period of regionally cold conditions between roughly AD 1300 and 1850. The term “Little Ice Age” is somewhat questionable, because there was no single, well-defined period of prolonged cold. There were two phases of the Little Ice Age, the first beginning around 1290 and continuing until the late 1400s. There was a slightly warmer period in the 1500s, after which the climate deteriorated substantially, with the coldest period between 1645 and 1715 . During this coldest phase of the Little Ice Age there are indications that average winter temperatures in Europe and North America were as much as 2°C lower than at present.

Maunder Minimum The exact cause of the Little Ice Age is unknown, but there is a striking coincidence in the sunspot cycle and the timing of the Little Ice Age. During the Little Ice Age, there is a minimum in sunspots, indicating an inactive and possibly cooler sun. This absence of sunspots is called the Maunder Minimum.

What caused the little ice age? A maunder minumum. What's that you ask?

The Guardian

Every 11 years or so, the sunspots become much rarer. Between 2011 and 2015, there were only 3 sunspot-free days. In 2017, 104 days were free. Already this year, spots have been absent for more than 50 days. This clearly shows we are heading for solar minimum, expected to arrive next year.

Apparently we are headed into one of these cooling periods...

Record snow in Sweden
Moscow snow breaks record
Snow blankets Rome as Europe hit with record low temps
April 2018 coldest in 2 decades for US

North Korean drought

North Korea is still recovering from a deadly famine in the late 1990s, and the UN's World Food Programme estimates 70% of the country's 25 million people still don't eat a "sufficiently diverse diet."

So is the coming maunder minimum the reason for the sudden change in attitude for North Korea?

Are we entering a cooling phase?

Nothing to add really. But, yes. Natural cycles are natural.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Unfortunately no matter how much evidence you post ... How much history is shown....how many cycles are shown of what is natural.... Even when you show the Warmest being caught red handed lying about temps or removing temps that will not support their narrative (1930s were the warmest in this century) it will do no good.. It is almost a religion where anything that does not fit their preconceived ideas is figuratively burned at the stake.

If we are going into another cooling period with crop losses and food shortages it will still be claimed man is doing it simply because there are those who hate everything human and think we are a plague on mother earth.. totally sick IMO

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

what do you mean?

When the pyramids were built, that area was quite lush. Climate changes.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

You know what I find odd?

They attribute openly lower temps due to maunder minimum but when is the last time you heard them attribute higher temps to more solar flares???

Heard a theory from Robert Schoch that a solar flare is what end the younger dryas

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

what do you mean?

I agree, check out this video from the same person who made the videos in the OP

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Heat index is forecast to be 102. What global cooling? It's as hot as ever here in South Carolina.

I was really hoping for a cooler summer.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

what do you mean?

I agree, check out this video from the same person who made the videos in the OP

I'm still outraged about the man-made Oklahoma Dust Bowl incident. Those pioneers must pay!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

what do you mean?

There we were...deep in the heart of the Vegas Jungle...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The right place,
but the wrong time?

www.youtube.com...

Saavy?

S&F

edit on 16-6-2018 by Wildmanimal because: Link Fix

The bad guy wins every once in a while:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-6-2018 by Wildmanimal because: add link

So point your finger at the bad guy ,
I'm an easy target.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-6-2018 by Wildmanimal because: Add the best Sausage Link

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

during the younger dryas Siberia was lush and tropical from what I've read and I believe that other parts of land were warmer as well while other parts were cooler

it really does seem like a shift in polarity

it's like of you look at a clock rate on a CPU

imagine if the sun was a giant CPU oscillating a sine wave of 01010101010101 with positive and negative polarities

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What is happening: the America's are becoming warmer. Asia is becoming cooler for longer periods of time (fish study will back this up) Europe, I never lived there so I don't know about Europe at all.
The facts above are true, seagulls on the Mississippi River in Norther Illionis, never happened in my childhood. Japan ( temps were so hot and humid in latter part of April and May was all hot an muggy, June well it rain and rain (rainy seaon) that hasn't changed in 25 years where I live, but what has changed is the migration of the fish and the planting seasons of vegs and rice.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

That is not global cooling.

It is selective perception.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Last winter here in the UK started off quite mild, before we got the Beast from the East - subzero temperatures for a week, which went away and then came back again. April saw odd temperature swings a touch of the Beast again and then sun and high temperatures. May was warm and it's looking like the last half of June is going to be scorching.
In the meantime Antarctic ice is melting faster than ever whilst in the Arctic 2018 is seeing record lows in terms of ice coverage.
Cooling? What freaking cooling?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join