It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#TwoDictators lights up Twitter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The hashtag #TwoDictators erupted on Twitter after Fox News host Abby Huntsman on Sunday mistakenly used the term to describe President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

The "Fox and Friends" presenter apologized to viewers after referring to the leaders as "two dictators" ahead of their historic meeting in Singapore Tuesday.
"Regardless of what happens in that meeting, between the two dictators, what we are seeing right now, this is history," Huntsman said. www.cnbc.com...

This is too funny that it was a Faux News talking head to stir it up, as they're supposed to be all about the Red Team.

Although thinking back to how Fox pundits have smeared Obama in the past for the same kind of stuff, one might almost expect something like this.

Conservatives hated it when Obama said he’d meet with North Korea. Guess what they say now.
In 2008, National Review’s William J. Bennett wrote, “Barack Obama’s position on negotiating with U.S. enemies betrays a profound misreading of history,” adding that if Obama were to meet with Iranian officials, “he will lower the prestige of the office of the president.”

Obama’s views on meeting with potentially dangerous governments were the subject of discussion during the second presidential debate between Obama and Sen. John McCain that same year. A conservative Super PAC even made an ad targeting the “without preconditions” remark in 2008, featuring actors portraying Cuba’s Fidel Castro and Kim Jong Il (Kim Jong Un’s father) laughing about it, concluding with the words, “Barack Obama: No Match for America’s Enemies.”

But in 2018, a number of Republicans are willing to give Trump’s meeting with a dictator a chance.

“If North Korea disarms, President Trump’s Nobel Peace Prize would be well deserved”

McCain says Obama "reckless" for wanting Iran talks
Seizing on a theme likely to play out in the campaign for the November election, McCain sought to portray first-term Illinois Sen. Obama as too inexperienced to be trusted as commander in chief.

At a speech to the National Restaurant Association in Obama’s home town of Chicago, McCain said the Democratic front-runner’s stated desire to hold direct talks, without preconditions, with the leaders of hostile countries like Iran “betrays the depth of Senator Obama’s inexperience and reckless judgment.”

McCain said a meeting would grant Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad prestige and international legitimacy and probably would not persuade him to give up nuclear ambitions.

Given all that, it just goes without saying the overwhelming majority of Democrat / liberal types were all about defending Obama's idealism then. Of course, Neocon war monger outlets like Fox do have vested interests in preventing peace. The "Liberal media" now, oh wait, they're war mongers too. But that wasnt why they supported Obama's remarks along these lines nor is it why they're again Trump's now, I insist.

Trump really has achieved a historic breakthrough – for the Kim dynasty

Trump's 'Trailer' for His Summit With Kim Is Ghastly, Hilarious, Tragic

Trump’s bromance with Kim Jong Un on display in Singapore

Is it really necessary to go on? We all know liberal whatever sorts have been fuming and foaming over this.

What all this really proves is that partisan sorts tend to act the same, and are without principles, when in their Us Vs. Them mentality mode. Which thanks to our nation being in this Two Party stranglehold, is damn near every moment each such groupthink individual is engaged in 'politics mode'.

Science shows us the partisan hack type is not unlike a dope fiend, almost quite literally addicted to self-deception along these lines:

During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," Westen is quoted as saying in an Emory University press release. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts." Interestingly, neural circuits engaged in rewarding selective behaviors were activated. "Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want, and then they get massively reinforced for it, with the elimination of negative emotional states and activation of positive ones," Westen said. www.scientificamerican.com...

This all would almost be hilarious, except for the damning consequences we see everyday, and the increasingly damning consequences that can be seen ahead on the horizon...

edit on 13-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
She mistakenly wrote "Two Dictators" lol

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It cracks me up.

We didn’t elect a politician (liar) this time.

So far...I’m pretty dam happy with the way it’s going.

edit on 13-6-2018 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm sure ol jack, sorry I ate a chicken sandwich, Dorsey has his minions working overtime to push the hashtag to the top.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

best laugh i have had today.

there are faux pas, then there is this.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Also, I agree with the point of your entire post.

edit on 13-6-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Anyone in government or media who says "We shouldn't talk to our enemies" is part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wish I could find the YouTube video of this of just how hypocritical Fox News (and by default Conservatives) are being about this, but this link will have to do. The video is at the top of the page and isn't that long, I encourage everyone to watch it and realize just how badly the MSM (including Fox News) tries (and succeeds) to manipulate us into thinking what they want us to.

LINK

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Anyone in government or media who says "We shouldn't talk to our enemies" is part of the problem.

that would be john bolton just a few years ago. as well as hannity who we all know is trumps number one advisor.

here's the link - i'd love your thoughts.

LINK

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I'm well aware of John Bolton's position. He's a partisan neocon.

I don't care about Hannity and I don't know why you think he's relevant to me.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

ok, well... they both did a full 180 with trump. when Obama wanted to talk it was pure horror. it's funny.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Trump is far from a dictator. Hillary has dictator tendencies. Anyone who tries to shove their beliefs down someone's throats and bashes everything those who not believe the same way as they believe has dictator qualities I would say some democrats fall into that category, a dictator would make sure to get our guns. A real leader tries to push what is good for their countries citizens and avoids giving our personal rights away to some big international union.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Lights up Twitter!!!!!!??????

Well hot damn, spot the presses - this must be super-f**king important...

...oh...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Amazing to me that some think that way

Another great point Pvxn

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No one ever said Fox was fools, they are not. They know the whole spiel, they just need to follow directives, as all other MSM does.

Pretty funny Freudian slip.

edit on 13-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is just hitting ATS now?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I always found that rather stupid.

I supported Obama wanting to open up lines of communication with some of our more long standing enemies. Like Iran and North Korea.

My problem with Obama wasn't that he was talking with Iran, for instance, it's that he gave them pallets of cash, spirited away in the middle of the night, to pay off the Iranian regime for our people as well as to sweeten the Iran nuclear deal which did nothing.

My problems with Obama are policy, not personal. He was my commander in chief while I was in the Army. Unlike the anti-Trump crowd, I didn't hate Obama. I was even an early supporter of his, documented in my posting history.

Obama turned out to be not much more than a do nothing liar, and what he did do was vastly corrupt and an attack on longstanding rights and institutions for the sake of advancing progressivism.

I don't subscribe to political religion. I don't believe any one political platform has a monopoly on good ideas. But the liberals, who long ago ditched me, seem to have a monopoly on bad ideas and the curtailment of constitutional rights.

Where are the little people liberals? Where are the prison reform liberals? Where are the justice system reform liberals? Drug policy liberals?

Those days are gone now. It's all just hate Trump, take guns, raise taxes, and let all the illegals in while calling anyone they disagree with racist, nazis, and bigots.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Watch it buster! Blasphemy like that will get you lynched in these parts. Heretic!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Whats funny is McCain's warning didnt prove baseless seeing how Iran was handled, although I dont recall Obama ever meeting Ahmedenijihad.

McCain tripping over himself the whole time to ensure Obama's quazi Neocon foreign policy went far beyond driven being the real mind bender.
edit on 13-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
It cracks me up.

We didn’t elect a politician (liar) this time.

So far...I’m pretty dam happy with the way it’s going.

Even worse, we elected a tyrant.

<<   2 >>

join