It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The honest politician.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I was just thinking. Why don't we make agreements to random polygraph testing a prerequisite for running for office? If I had to agree to drug testing via urinalysis in order to work for a major retailer, why not make it so, that if you are not willing to voluntarily wave your 5th Amendment rights for the sake of transparency, you're not fit to run for office.

I know why it won't happen. It's because politicians' closets are filled to the brim with fresh bones; but what don't the people simply demand it?

Donald J. Trump, did you collude with Russia? Yes, or no?

William (Jackass) Clinton, did you have sexual relations with that woman? Yes, or no?

Barack H. Obama, are you a natural born citizen? Yes, or no?

George (Dubya) Bush, did you have prior knowledge of 9/11? Yes, or no?

I realize polygraphs probably have a margin of error, but we could use it as a first line of investigation.

What does ATS think?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The problem is who asks the questions.

We've had the press ask major politicians which sort of tree they'd like to be. Most times, there is no such thing as asking the real question that needs to be asked and then following up on the answer given ... or the politician proceeds to filibuster the interview wandering into a stream of nonsense verbiage that doesn't actually answer the question and prevents the interviewer from asking further questions without appearing rude by cutting the politician off.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

2 problems.

Problem 1. People would not care if "their" politician lied. Ideology rules all.

Problem 2. If people did care, we'd never see a politicians again.

On second thought, I'm digging on #2.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Why even trust them?

They can be faked.

24/7 365 surveillance with their phones, tv's and Alexa, google speaker monitor systems, or no job.

You know, like they already do to US?

Or do we need to fly airplanes into our own houses first to pull that one off?

Lol

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have seen too many people that believe their own version of reality. A polygraph can’t catch them in a lie when they actually believe their own false narrative.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The problem is people WANT to be lied to. Parents are the worst, which is the most tragic and ironic thing perhaps ever.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The problem is people WANT to be lied to. Parents are the worst, which is the most tragic and ironic thing perhaps ever.

I think this is by far the best answer on this thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Politicians are so adept at lying they'd probably lie on every single question and still pass with flying colors.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The best liar gets elected president. They would just train to pass a lie detector test at Harvard if it was required.

The great deceiver runs this country.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
1. Polygraphs are horse# psuedo science. Any politician would practice to beat it. Thats if then even needed to. If you dont care that you are lying, you can pass a polygraph saying anything.

2. Its unnecessary. If people paid attention to ACTIONS and remembered the stupid # politicians did for more than 6 months, they would know all they needed to.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I never wanted to get lied to. I also was a parent and grandfather. I never liked things being sugar coated.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

that if you are not willing to voluntarily wave your 5th Amendment rights for the sake of transparency, you're not fit to run for office.

The only problem that I see with that is we wouldn't be able to find anyone for the job.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I don't think people WANT to be lied to. I think they just don't know what to believe anymore.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Polygraphs aren't 100% reliable. This would be a bad idea.

Furthermore, EVERYONE lies. It is part of being human. There is no such thing as a human being that hasn't told at least one lie in their lives. On top of that, there are many times where someone makes a prediction, that prediction turns out to be wrong and we call it a lie anyways.
edit on 11-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Does this dress make me look fat???

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Being part of a national forensic lab that has polygraphers on its roles, they have told me that, while they believe in their craft, they are not foolproof and are not necessarily admissible as evidence in any sort of anything.

This means that, while they generally produce appropriate results, they are not foolproof by any stretch, and should not be used as a means to make someone be called a liar when, in fact, they may not be.

I can appreciate the premise of the question, though, for sure. But in practice, as long as a liar's ideology lines up with someone else's, excuses will always be made and the truth with be forgotten.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

a reply to: highvein

Does this dress make me look fat???

The proper response is No. Your fata$$ makes you look fat.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
I was just thinking. Why don't we make agreements to random polygraph testing a prerequisite for running for office? If I had to agree to drug testing via urinalysis in order to work for a major retailer, why not make it so, that if you are not willing to voluntarily wave your 5th Amendment rights for the sake of transparency, you're not fit to run for office.

I know why it won't happen. It's because politicians' closets are filled to the brim with fresh bones; but what don't the people simply demand it?

Donald J. Trump, did you collude with Russia? Yes, or no?

William (Jackass) Clinton, did you have sexual relations with that woman? Yes, or no?

Barack H. Obama, are you a natural born citizen? Yes, or no?

George (Dubya) Bush, did you have prior knowledge of 9/11? Yes, or no?

I realize polygraphs probably have a margin of error, but we could use it as a first line of investigation.

What does ATS think?

What happens if they tell the truth and ATS still doesn't believe them? Obama's said many times he's a natural born citizen, Bush didn't know about 9/11 (etc) and we did land on the moon and the Earth isn't flat. There's still people who won't believe any of your statements if the accused don't answer the way that these people think they should.

I've lived with someone like that... no matter how often I told them that something was true, I was beaten for lying to them because they "knew" what the answer was going to be and my truthfulness was seen as just a lie.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

That's a good point. You cant make people believe something they insist on rejecting. To those people, its all fake truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join