It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CORPORATOCRACY: Bayer takes over Monsatan.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Germany's Bayer closes $63 billion Monsanto takeover, plans to drop US company's name

German conglomerate Bayer on Thursday closed its $63 billion merger with Monsanto after getting the required nod from U.S. and EU regulators.

The closing sets the stage for the 117-year-old agribusiness brand name "Monsanto" to be dropped by Bayer. Monsanto's efforts to promote genetically modified crops have been the subject of much controversy from anti-GMO activists, and the U.S. company has spent millions of dollars over the years on brand and corporate ad campaigns to improve its overall image.

Just a brief post as I was about to get ready for work.

The merge of Bayer and Monsanto will have massive implications, the combined monopoly of the two corporations is a scary thought.

Is there more to this merge than monopoly?
Or more to the conspiracy than greater controll of farms and pharmaceuticals?
Is Germany trying to edge into America's market controll?
edit on 8-6-2018 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Monsanto has become a dirty word in Europe, thanks to their marketing practices feeding in to the fears of Neo-Luddites, a fear that RT has been encouraging for years. Monsanto is re-branding itself as a venerable European firm.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Now that a Germany company will own all these GMO patents, we can see the EU embracing GMOs (because they're German). Resistance by the people living in the EU to GMOs and all that will be ignored by the EU because they have to support German business. It's a joke really. It's the only way to crack the market in the EU is to do it from within.

American GMO = Bad
German GMO = Good

Glad the UK is jumping ship so we can make our own rules (we hope, eh)?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Resistance by the people living in the EU to GMOs and all that will be ignored by the EU because they have to support German business.

People who are afraid of GMOs will not be forced to eat them. Remember, one of the things you Brits hate about the EU is all the labeling and strict quality control regulations. But, yes, it is a bit of corporate whitewash to open the European market.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

The principles of Capitalism are set to prevent Corporatocracy, these players are allowed to play by bent rules and are not being held accountable. THAT failure would be by the unelected members of the three letter agencies who are aiding/controlling industry, depending on your perspective. This is a fascist style approach with subjugation of the masses as a byproduct of eliminating the appearance of choices. That goes hand in hand with the progressives agenda that run most of our elected members of the Uni-party pushing us toward communism.

edit on 8-6-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I never understood why a foreign company can buy out an American company. You can't do that even in China. The law allows only 42% ownership and remember in China a contract only means a "suggestion" of agreeable thoughts.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Now that they're German, let's tariff the # out of 'em!

Edit to add: I'm not joking.

edit on 6-8-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: Add content

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

The principles of Capitalism are set to prevent Corporatocracy, these players are allowed to play by bent rules and are not being held accountable.

That's fair... the EU probably would not allow Monsanto to buy out Bayer, although it amounts to the same thing.

THAT failure would be by the unelected members of the three letter agencies who are aiding/controlling industry, depending on your perspective.

So the FBI, CIA, and NSA are running the EU now?

This is a fascist style approach with subjugation of the masses as a byproduct of eliminating the appearance of choices.

Erm, you have that exactly the wrong way round. Fascism creates the appearance of choice while removing it.

That goes hand in hand with the progressives agenda that run most of our elected members of the Uni-party pushing us toward communism.

Which is it? Fascism or Communism? In fascism, corporations and private property are allowed, it's the political process that is "managed" by the state. In communism, corporations are abolished and the state controls all the resources and means of production.

Of course, you may be confused by Russian propaganda, that equates Russian fascism with democracy and liberal democracy with fascism. RT has made that a key objective.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Now that they're German, let's tariff the # out of 'em!

Edit to add: I'm not joking.

Not if the executives pay membership dues at Mar A Lago.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Monsanto has become a dirty word in Europe, thanks to their marketing practices feeding in to the fears of Neo-Luddites, a fear that RT has been encouraging for years. Monsanto is re-branding itself as a venerable European firm.

I am sorry but did you just use the term "venerable" to describe the Nazi company Bayer.... the same company that was the staple of the IG Farben cartel that was essential in the genocide that the Nazi's committed!?!?!?

Lol wow

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I never understood why a foreign company can buy out an American company. You can't do that even in China. The law allows only 42% ownership and remember in China a contract only means a "suggestion" of agreeable thoughts.

Something along the lines of those that run the show don't claim loyalty to countries, money rules.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The best way to get rid of a bad name is to change it. Monsatan is not a good company and evidently Bayer is also into the same game.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, Monsanto is a toxic word here in the UK.
I, along with thousands of others destroyed their test GM crops until they gave up because they couldn't afford the security.
Civil disobedience is why there are no commercial GM crops grown in the UK, the mantra of us activists back then was let other nations be the crash test dummy's. The attitude persists, they wouldn't dream of trying it on again, there are more activists than security guards in the UK, and our private security are not even allowed to carry sticks so it's an easy fight with people power.

EDIT
Note to self, Bayer is the new dirty little word in town.
edit on 8-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
People who are afraid of GMOs will not be forced to eat them. Remember, one of the things you Brits hate about the EU is all the labeling and strict quality control regulations. But, yes, it is a bit of corporate whitewash to open the European market.

Sorry, I disagree. The UK has embraced product labelling and we have high animal welfare standards by choice.

I have no problem with GMOs per se especially where used to reduce insecticide or herbicide use. I do have problems with GMOs where there is a change of cross contamination. I also fear the impact of monoculture, which can be encouraged by GMOs.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Agreed, and it is the committment to clear labels which is the only comfort I get from thoughts about the trade deal with the US after Brexit.
Currently banned US food is absolutely going to be part of any negotiation with Trump, and I totally understand, he's a businessman, but banned US food will be on shelves soon.
Obviously the likes of Waitrose etc won't stock it, but the lower end of the market like Farmfoods will, and with clear labels it will be up to the consumer to decide if they want to buy it.

I thought the comment about labels was a bit silly myself, heck we're obsessed with them in the UK lol

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Hopefully now that they are German owned it will keep their lobbyists out of our Department of Agriculture??? Wishful thinking I know.....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I think the risk of the UK being swamped with US tat post Brexit is a bit overblown. But, I guess people will take a choice as the product of origin will be detailed. In truth, not all US food is rubbish. PLUS adding good animal welfare standards into food imported would actually kill off imports from some places in the EU. Danish and US pig farming practices are equally poor, but we have to import Danish, German and Dutch pork where welfare is crap. We import chickens and cattle from Brazil where welfare standards are third world.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Oh of course, I'm more on about GM foodstuffs for human consumption, and all the rest of it currently banned in the UK/EU, additives etc.
We will be forced to stock it in any trade deal for sure, but we will have labels though clearly marking it, I've no doubt that will be the British side of negotiations.

Bayer, the new dirty word in town.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Haha, and the first thing that happens is that Bayer gets sued by french beekeepers, because Roundup was found in their honey.
Link (german)

Hope millions of people worldwide follow and do the same!

It´s funny how the "U"SA gets rid of that not anymore to use company(under that name) and the inventor of heroin is stupid enough to buy that sh*t.

Right when you thought a company couldn`t get more evil than it is yet.
Maybe they should buy Nestlè too...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nice to see U.S. regulators doing their due diligence (taking bribes) and approving this mega merger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join