It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks sinking after Executive Chairman Howard Schultz steps down..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
Watch it Burn like a Carfire in the Projects.... #theregoestheneighborhood
a reply to: toysforadults

Did someone call me?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I find your argument that people aren't going to Starbucks as much because they don't have enough disposable income somewhat convincing. Coffee there does cost a lot! And imagine getting a cup a day. That would get expensive, I know I wouldn't be able to afford it.

I've seen figures showing how the income of most Americans isn't keeping up with inflation.

Despite periodic increases, the buying power of the federal minimum wage hasn't kept up with inflation, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Data show that in 1968, the federal minimum was equivalent to $10.90 in 2015 dollars, nearly $4 higher than today's rate.

CNBC - Adjusted for inflation, the federal minimum wage is worth less than 50 years ago

Nearly 51 million households don't earn enough to afford a monthly budget that includes housing, food, child care, health care, transportation and a cell phone, according to a study released Thursday by the United Way ALICE Project. That's 43% of households in the United States.

CNN

I can definitely see how people wouldn't be able to afford to drink at Starbucks these days. If I bought some sort of drink from them every day of the month, that would be simply ridiculous.
edit on 04pmMon, 04 Jun 2018 20:55:37 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I dont think Starbucks has an issue with consumers being priced out of the market. I read your linked thread about falling disposable incomes and while I agree with you in general about that topic I dont see that as being Starbucks' problem.

Starbucks is a niche market player; and their branding is geared toward people who still do have enough disposable income to buy a $7 cupajoe. These aren't the people you are talking about in your other thread.

Starbucks' problem is probably that very same branding. They use to be the hip place to get coffee; but now they have grown so big and corporate that they just arnt hip anymore. A lot of other hipster mom and pop coffee places have sprung up and are taking away from Starbucks'niche.

The whole racists manager and sensitivity issue probably didnt help. Nothing screams big evil corporation like a national scandal ... that is so not hip.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

everything everyone is spending right now even in business is being done on credit

I work very closely with a multi million dollar construction company running massive industrial size projects in 3 states and the profits aren't what you think and it's all done with massive credit lines

this is common in construction banks are paying everyone now, ten years ago there were far fewer banks involved especially in residential, lot more people were writing checks

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

A lot of other hipster mom and pop coffee places have sprung up and are taking away from Starbucks'niche.

very true, and I was just throwing ideas out about the disposal income considering they really haven't said much.... presidential campaign seems silly at this point

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The Starbucks in the grocery store has stopped putting enough flavor syrup in my latte for me to taste it lately.

I ask for cinnamon dulce, and I can't tell if they actually put it in there. I prefer the little corner coffee joint. I can get a large for grande money and when I ask for cinnamon, I taste cinnamon.

Starbucks literally has a little stand on it with guess what... I cinnamon. Don’t taste it? Walk two feet and put it in yourself.

It’s free.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Retailers should not play power politics.
Starbucks CEO: “If You Support Traditional Marriage We Don’t Want Your Business”

After that statement I cut up my Starbucks card, they can suck the big one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join