It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I'm a Lab Rat Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

You have internet access for that time ? can you upload a daily photo so we can all argue about the changes we think we see.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
So on a more serious note, a couple questions for you...

1. Can you leave at all during the 30 days, or do you have to stay at the facility 24x7? In other words, does leaving at any time during the 30 days constitute you breaching the agreement? What about work, can you leave to go to work?

2. Presumably you volunteered for this, so do you have some preexisting condition the drug they are testing will be used to treat?

3. You said "some unknown drug", and while it may be 'unkown' to you, hopefully it's not unknown to them. Do you know what it is, or what it is used to treat? I mean, certainly you can't be involved some test where the basis of the experiment is... "Let's see what happens if we give a bunch of random people some of this S# we found growing behind the dumpster". (just kidding, but it's a serious question).

4. It seems odd to me the only thing they would want to monitor / test is blood (and 3x per day no less). At that frequency it sounds like it might be some type of a insulin / blood sugar regulator. Maybe some kind of a diabetes drug(?). In any case, if true that they're only monitoring blood, it seems more than a little spooky they're not interested in other side effects...or are there more tests they will be performing during the 30 days which maybe you didn't mention (or don't know yet)? They would have to disclose this to you. Also, did they tell you how much blood they will take for each sample? Are we talking about a smear on a sample card, or inter venous blood?

5. What provisions are there for treatment of possible side effects after the 30 day period?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've always been fascinated by these sorts of tests. And while I was joking with you in my earlier post, I really did know a guy who did this 4-5 times. Most of the stuff he was involved in was nutritional study and some respiratory drugs used to treat asthma. I don't recall him ever telling me they took blood more than a couple times total though, once at the beginning for a baseline and then a couple more during the trial. However, he had to do a whole bunch of other tests during the trail (and they did tell him what these things were before the test, hence my #4 question above).

You know, there was a movie about this once. I can't remember what it was at the moment, I'll have to try to see if I can recall what it was (might have been an episode of Law & Order too, can't recall).

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Whatever it is, I hope it goes well. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Keep us posted.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I was dismissed from the study after only two days.
They didn't like what my liver enzymes were doing.
I still made 250 bucks in a couple of days.
That should cover a bottle of whiskey and beer for a week.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Reminded me of the Shameless episode when Frank went sober for $2000 in medical research.

The kids got him drunk again because he was easier to handle.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Blah, I'm sorry you got dismissed so quickly. But glad that they recognized whatever drug you were on might be harming you, and did release you!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Blah, I'm sorry you got dismissed so quickly. But glad that they recognized whatever drug you were on might be harming you, and did release you!
Best I could gather it was an anti inflammatory arthritis drug. I'll stick with aspirin and booze.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
She doobled up on me.
edit on 5-6-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The phrases "didnt like what my liver enzymes were doing" and "bottle of whiskey" seem to go swimmingly together lol.

edit on 652018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join