It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gowdy: FBI Acted Properly With Use of Informant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Gowdy's seen as much as and likely more than anyone in Congress and if it wasn't painfully obvious that the campaign infiltrating spy distraction was going nowhere from the lack of reaction from Devin "I don't read this stuff" Nunes and Mitch McConnell, Trey Gowdy has thrown more cold water on its rapidly cooling corpse.

Gowdy: FBI acted properly with use of informant during 2016 campaign

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said Tuesday he believes the FBI acted properly with its use of an informant to speak with several members of President Trump's 2016 campaign.

"I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump," Gowdy said on Fox News's "The Story."

Gowdy also said that Christopher Wray and Rod Rosenstein have made it clear to him and his colleagues that Trump was not the target of the FBI's investigation.

+11 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Here's the bottom line on Gowdy. I placed this in a related thread earlier this evening. (You omitted the Gowdy LIE)

Mr. Gowdy’s parseltongue, obfuscation and deliberate conflation of events in an effort to cover for the Deep State operation is stunning. Notice how Gowdy intentionally conflates statements given by President Trump to FBI Director James Comey, with activity that took place a year beforehand? He’s gaslighting to protect the swamp. Nothing more.
Source: theconservativetreehouse.com... o/

According to Trey, private citizen Trump went to FBI Director James Comey in 2015 or 2016, and said: "If any of my people are colluding with Russia, I would like for the FBI to identify who they are!"

Donald Trump was a high-profile guy, but he wouldn't ask the FBI Director to do this. Comey wouldn't give Trump the time of day in 2015/2016 anyway.

edit on 5/29/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Additional quote from your source:

"Chris Wray and Rod Rosenstein have at least made it clear to us Donald Trump was never the target of the investigation, he's not the current target of the investigation. Now, keep in mind, that can all change depending on what a witness says, but as of now, I think Chris Wray and Rod Rosenstein are stunned whenever people think Trump is the target of their investigation," Gowdy said.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Does he still support the call for a 2nd special counsel?

(Honest question)
edit on 5/30/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Sounds a little like Gowdy will believe anyone without question if they have credentials. He needs to wake up, this is America, credentials are used by deceivers a lot here to get riches and prestige.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah I wasn't going to post the whole article but I made reference to it:

Gowdy also said that Christopher Wray and Rod Rosenstein have made it clear to him and his colleagues that Trump was not the target of the FBI's investigation.

Though of course, that would be subject to change if some other witness came forward with information that implicated Trump. I don't think that's going to happen.

+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I didn't omit anything. I could have chosen to include the parts where he reiterated that Russia was the target of the FBI's counterintelligence investigation and how Gowdy thinks that if/when Trump realizes what actually happened, he would be actually be glad.

As for the "lie":

According to Trey, private citizen Trump went to FBI Director James Comey in 2015 or 2016, and said: "If any of my people are colluding with Russia, I would like for the FBI to identify who they are!"

Where did you hear that? Are you basing that on the conservative treehouse last ditch superspin omg-Trey-Gowdy-is-deep-state bit?

Here's what he said (now you got me transcribing video):

"Remember Martha, it was President Trump himself who said, 'Number 1 I didn't collude with Russians but if anyone connected with my campaign did, I want the FBI to find it out"

That comports exactly with the Nunes/Gowdy/Goldlatte statement about what Trump told Comey which was itself supposed to be a defense of Trump.

Goodlatte, Gowdy, Nunes Statement on Comey Memos

Former Director Comey’s memos show the President made clear he wanted allegations of collusion, coordination, and conspiracy between his campaign and Russia fully investigated.

I don't know where this stuff about Trump the private citizen is coming from, he was clearly referencing what Trump had told Comey after he was in the White House.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
Does he still support the call for a 2nd special counsel?

(Honest question)

I didn't hear anything about it in the clip I saw.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The Strategy continues to work.

🎁🚬

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Gwody is a snake.

He’s done crap all for the last 8 yrs.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Gwody is a snake.

He’s done crap all for the last 8 yrs.

Hes a SC representative. of course he is dirty.

+2 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Kind of funny how the Red Hats are so quick to turn on Mr. Benghazi himself when he doesn't want to play Trump's reindeer games.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The FBI has ruined its credibility (what was left) and it didnt even sway the election or remove our president like they were tasked with by their private masters.

Go get a job you bums. Stop playing the role of being the elites' enforcers and personal bitch gangsters.

edit on 5 30 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's funny how quickly the Trump crowd turn on someone when they don't toe the line. It wasn't that long ago that many on here wanted Gowdy to head the FBI.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Trump's cult-like sheep are only loyal to Trump. Everyone else, they will gladly throw under the bus.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sounds a little like Gowdy will believe anyone without question if they have credentials. He needs to wake up, this is America, credentials are used by deceivers a lot here to get riches and prestige.

Sounds like the early predictions were spot on that Gowdy would just protect the deep state and pretend to be concerned with the last admin using the FBI to help Hillary win an election with insurance policies in place. He barked loud and absolutely showed no bite and will retire before the next election I recall reading somewhere. pffftt on Gowdy he is a RINO member of the Uniparty.

Stay Neutral and keep a clear head.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: rickymouse

Sounds like the early predictions were spot on that Gowdy would just protect the deep state and pretend to be concerned with the last admin using the FBI to help Hillary win an election with insurance policies in place. He barked loud and absolutely showed no bite and will retire before the next election I recall reading somewhere. pffftt on Gowdy he is a RINO member of the Uniparty.

Stay Neutral and keep a clear head.

I was pretty excited with him a few years back. But as you put it above, he seems to be part of what he sought out to vanquish.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Another actor. A very good one I might add but is there anyone left who isn't dirty?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Another actor. A very good one I might add but is there anyone left who isn't dirty?

The Paul's.....

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Why would Gowdy so easily trust the FBI's handling of the investigation into Russian meddling after the complete farce of an investigation on Hillary's email server?!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join