It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gowdy: FBI Acted Properly With Use of Informant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hey w many times must this be explained to you?

Comey admitted why he did this

He assumed Hillary was going to win, and was worried if he didn’t announce the investigation it would be used to try to deligitimize her presidency

That is comeys own words

He did what he did to help Hillary, it just backfired

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Was a double post but I will edit

I am willing to listen to Gowdy

Perhaps he is right, and the fbi did act properly

All the more reason for them to stop stonewalling and release info for oversight

I still have serious questions but I am willing to here answers

I think it’s great that so many trump haters here are now big Gowdy supporters

Great to have you on record!

I assume that f he does come out now in the future and says there was wrongdoing in the fbi, you people will cheer him on and admit he is right like you are here
edit on 30-5-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

When you have two separate and unequal applications of judgement based solely on prestige or it's lack for the same offence...then what you have is a system of judgement whose fulcrum is financial and not just... Gowdy has way too much faith in the corrupt institutions of law and the even more corrupt individuals that inhabit them to have anything but a jaundiced view...Too bad he can't see the yellow for the trees...
Aside from some of his friendly messaging to give the institutions a bit of cred , His message has always been the importance of procedures that seem to have been skirted in the past and still persists today .

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Whatever Comey believed, that doesn't mean you can honestly believe that was helpful to her Presidential chances. You are stretching credulity.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So many turned on him and it looks like he is well aware of how the ultra-partisan block turns on its own.

I am surprised that people are calling him deep state. Even though I know that is the new buzzword being pushed by Hannity and is mirrored or coordinated with by the president.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Whatever Comey believed, that doesn't mean you can honestly believe that was helpful to her Presidential chances. You are stretching credulity.

I didn’t say it helped her chances

I said he intended for it to help her presidency and it backfired

What did hep her chances was him not insisting lynch recuse herself, him letting lynch force him to call it a matter, him not charging her for destroying subpoenaed evidence, and him acting as prosecutor to leave her off for her crimes

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The minute it was reported that Gowdy said this, people began to turn on him.

Funny how fast they are willing to "eat their own" when their "own" do not help perpetuate nutty conspiracy theories and lies.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Gowdy's all bark and no bite. With the announcement of his retirement after this term, I really think he's just doing his best to remain as even keel and neutral as he can. He's just bowing out of the challenge.

The bottom line is this, in no way, for no reason should an informant been used covertly within an opposition candidates election campaign without informing the candidate him self... especially if that candidate is not a suspect.

And the safe playing, open ended 'subject to change' line is just proof to Gowdy's willful indifference. It's been 2 years, if anything substantially suspect was connected to Trump himself, we would've already learned about it long ago.

We're just watching them calmly spin this entire coup attempt down to obscurity, just like every other political scandal of the past 20 years.
edit on 30-5-2018 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

But regardless of ALL of that, the announcement a week prior to the election led to her defeat. I have trouble believing any narrative saying that Comey and the FBI was working to get her elected. It is ridiculous. All I see are mistakes that were made and people trying to spin them to be more important and decisive than they were.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Coup attempt?

Jesus, you guys are going completely nuts.

Pull your heads out of your asses and stop perpetuating bull# for partisan sake.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It's funny how quickly the Trump crowd turn on someone when they don't toe the line. It wasn't that long ago that many on here wanted Gowdy to head the FBI.

That was before he started acting like an idiot.

He announced something about a different career then began to contradict himself to the point of shillness.

It is clear he is covering the whole mess by trying to call the trump investigation a counter intelligence investigation.

Mueller does not have the authority to do an investigation of trump as outlined in the scope of his appointment so they are now trying to validate mueller's unconstitutional investigation by calling it a counter intell op..

The reason is simple. Mueller's type of special council appointment can only constitutionally give mueller the power to do a narrow scope investigation into a specific evident crime unless congress would have voted on him and the potus signed off on his appointment.

Without that vote and signature the only type of legal investigation mueler can do is a counter intel. op..

So in order to try to keep mueller legit they are now driving the narrative of the unconstitutional appointment into something it has not been at all.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

That sounds more like he did it to help the FBI and himself.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

But regardless of ALL of that, the announcement a week prior to the election led to her defeat. I have trouble believing any narrative saying that Comey and the FBI was working to get her elected. It is ridiculous. All I see are mistakes that were made and people trying to spin them to be more important and decisive than they were.

Comey himself said he was attempting to validate her election cause he was sure she would win and did not want her to get tied down in an investigation for the sake of her having a smooth presidency. HIS WORDS

Now compare that with his treatment of trump and you can see all the sudden he cares not for the things he just claimed to care for and the only difference was the potus. BIAS

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Why should Comey care about Trump? Trump fired him because Comey wouldn't suck up to him. Trump didn't even have the balls to fire him in person and Comey was notified while lecturing FBI students across the country. If a boss displayed unprofessional behavior like that to me I wouldn't give a # about raking his name through the mud either.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

It's funny how quickly the Trump crowd turn on someone when they don't toe the line. It wasn't that long ago that many on here wanted Gowdy to head the FBI.

He announced something about a different career then began to contradict himself to the point of shillness.

It is clear he is covering the whole mess by trying to call the trump investigation a counter intelligence investigation.

But of course. Everyone who doesent push the same narrative as the great orange one is either deep state, idiot, pedophile, liberal, communist,shill, Marxist etc. depending on the flavor of the day.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

But of course. Everyone who doesent push the same narrative as the great orange one is either deep state, idiot, pedophile, liberal, communist,shill, Marxist etc. depending on the flavor of the day.

No my friend
That is not the direction i was thinking and is not his problem

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

That appears to be true. There is one member in this thread that not just a couple months ago was praising Gowdy and how he was too smart for government. That's why he decided to leave office. Now he claims Gowdy is a deep state stooge.

On the other hand, you have another member that was stating specifically yesterday that the FBI spied on Trump, no question about it.

But today, they say perhaps they will listen to Gowdy and maybe the FBI did act properly.

The flavor of the day is always changing, but what never changes is the steaming pile of bull# people mistake for their principles.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Hey, when you install your goal posts on a rocket ship, all of these mental wranglings are possible.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

a reply to: howtonhawky

Why should Comey care about Trump? Trump fired him because Comey wouldn't suck up to him. Trump didn't even have the balls to fire him in person and Comey was notified while lecturing FBI students across the country. If a boss displayed unprofessional behavior like that to me I wouldn't give a # about raking his name through the mud.

Did you actually think about my post?

I answered your question in the post.

Comey should care about trump for the same reason he was caring for hillary if elected.

He cited the potus being seen as legit and not tied down with an investigation if elected for the sake of the country.

So the answer that alluded you is he should care about trump for the sake of the country. Instead he choose to tie him down with an unconstitutional investigation.

In other words when acting as director and making those statements he was contradicting himself.

Do you see the difference in an inferior appointee principal appointee?

That is the heart of the lies put forth

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Hey, when you install your goal posts on a rocket ship, all of these mental wranglings are possible.

I think you are being too nice in saying that.

I think it's more about a lack of integrity and honesty for the sake of politics, and these space cadets don't have a clue what the hell is going on. They just follow the tides of the latest conspiracy finding it's way on to shore.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join