It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Lincoln to leave TWD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Andrew Lincoln, who plays the central character in AMC's long-running, zombie apocalypse drama, will leave during the upcoming Season 9, according to news reports. Collider first reported the story Tuesday and Entertainment Weekly and The Wrap later reported the news, citing anonymous sources.

AMC would not comment on the reports.

www.usatoday.com...

Please, just pull the plug. Were there to be any dignity left in what is a great comic and could have been quite an impressive television adaptation has crashed and burned faster than a political narrative.

Nope, who needs dignity!

To fill the void in the show’s leading man status, we’re also hearing that AMC has offered substantial compensation to long-running series star Norman Reedus to not only stay on board, but to take over the show’s leading role.

collider.com...

I hope Mr. Lincoln can find work outside of the character Rick Grimes. I fear he may be one of those unfortunates that get typecast.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Andrew Lincoln, who plays the central character in AMC's long-running, zombie apocalypse drama, will leave during the upcoming Season 9, according to news reports. Collider first reported the story Tuesday and Entertainment Weekly and The Wrap later reported the news, citing anonymous sources.

www.usatoday.com...

Please, just pull the plug. Were there to be any dignity left in what is a great comic and could have been quite an impressive television adaptation has crashed and burned faster than a political narrative.

Nope, who needs dignity!

To fill the void in the show’s leading man status, we’re also hearing that AMC has offered substantial compensation to long-running series star Norman Reedus to not only stay on board, but to take over the show’s leading role.

collider.com...

I hope Mr. Lincoln can find work outside of the character Rick Grimes. I fear he may be one of those unfortunates that get typecast.

The show is done. I think Andrew Lincoln will wind up like Matthew Fox from Lost.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

A twisted catch-22. Stay on a show because you fit the part and it is popular but you may never work again.

I wonder if that's why actors stay away from TV. No idea honestly.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

A twisted catch-22. Stay on a show because you fit the part and it is popular but you may never work again.

I wonder if that's why actors stay away from TV. No idea honestly.

Yeah, but after 9 seasons he should be set from the rerun residuals...

I think the show just lost it's way. I've been planning to watch FTWD. I never made it past a few episodes of the first season.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Same here. FTWD didn't appeal at all.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

Nope, who needs dignity!

collider.com...

Everything I've read said he would be leaving/exiting season 9 ...... it did not say he wouldn't return for season 10 .. I suspect they won't kill Rick, and I suspect he's negotiated a break.

I think his 6 episodes will be spread out, so he won't be in all of them.. but that's pretty normal.. I expect he will have a loss, which is Maggie's death ( she is leaving for another show, so she literally is leaving ) .. I think that will give him and his character reason to take a break.. a Morgan style break..

I suspect we will see Rick return in Season 10 ...

However.. if we don't? ... we'll see a flash forward and his daughter will be grown up.. but what we do know is Daryl / Norman Reedus apparently negotiated a multi-year 20 million dollar contract, so he's not going ..

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
DUPE - Site was slow to respond so it multi posted.. mods please delete
edit on 5/29/2018 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

link   
DUPE - Site was slow to respond so it multi posted.. mods please delete
edit on 5/29/2018 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

link   

Same here. FTWD didn't appeal at all.

Why would they? if I'm right, Rick will return in S10 or beyond.. I don't think they are killing him off, I think they are letting him take a hiatus to be back in the UK with his Family for a while and do some film work, I think he'll be back.

I think they wouldn't dare let this information leak if they didn't have an endgame.. Maggie on the other hand, I think she will die after giving birth .. I think that will make the end of S9 possibly go into a leap forward in time.. Norman will be there, he signed on with a 20m contract.. We might even see JDM on as a more regular, integrated part.. I expect them to separate from the comics a bit more here and skip ahead..

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Rick was already in lost-mode this past season-like a shadow of himself. The last season was such a disappointment-have no idea what the writer's will be doing without Rick. Norman Reedus is-well-yucky.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

It's only a leak, not an official statement so your theory is as good as theirs.

Not much into the show anymore so it's no skin off my back either way.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Maybe replacing Rick with a new character will generate new interest in the show. I would suggest Wolverine, Jack Reacher, or Mr. Bean.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

2nd for Mr. Bean!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Rick dies we riot!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
They've f#'d up this show so badly I can't even watch it anymore! It used to be my favorite thing on TV, but now it's just turned into a soap opera (and a boring one at that). A 6 year old could write an episode now...

-28 minutes of someone staring at something (with dramatic music in the background)

-4 minutes of people shooting at nothing...and hitting nothing (wasting 10,000 rounds of ammo, but they only had 5 rounds to start)

-22 minutes of pharmaceutical commercials with lengthy disclaimers (one's which make you want to stab yourself in the face with a screwdriver)

-30 minutes of some guy talking to the actors about how their character "felt" as they stared at something for 28 minutes.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If they really (seriously) wanted to pump some life back into TWD they'd do something like this...

Rather than Rick stumbling around and staring at things, they'd have Rick find the "edge" (civilization), but it's not what anyone expects. They'd find a civilization of globalist elites (Sons of Soros if you will) who had created their Utopian environment by conducting this 'experiment' which would wipe out much of the world's population. Then the show would at least have a focus, and a better bad-guy than Negan (because he's really tiring now). Then they could focus the show on taking the world back from the elites.

I mean, they've gotten so far away from the comic now why not, right?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I hope he dies a phenomenal death scene.
Like fighting with Beta or something.

Nevermind, hes walking off into the sun set.
As is Maggies character.
Maybe they meet up with Heath and stay with him awhile.

Kind of sucks that the whole Maggie vs Rick play up at the end of Season 8 final will mean nothing now.

Now it will be a quick conversation and forgotten about so they can set up the walk offs
edit on 30-5-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

www.usatoday.com...

Nope, who needs dignity!

collider.com...

The show is done. I think Andrew Lincoln will wind up like Matthew Fox from Lost.

I actually had the two confused for a long time...

so does this mean there will be an end to the incessant "TWD TONIGHT, WHO IS IN??" crap on facebook, complete with a meme to show how awesome they think it is?

slowest zombie apocalypse ever.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
They've f#'d up this show so badly I can't even watch it anymore! It used to be my favorite thing on TV, but now it's just turned into a soap opera (and a boring one at that). A 6 year old could write an episode now...

-28 minutes of someone staring at something (with dramatic music in the background)

-4 minutes of people shooting at nothing...and hitting nothing (wasting 10,000 rounds of ammo, but they only had 5 rounds to start)

-22 minutes of pharmaceutical commercials with lengthy disclaimers (one's which make you want to stab yourself in the face with a screwdriver)

-30 minutes of some guy talking to the actors about how their character "felt" as they stared at something for 28 minutes.

Sounds like season 4 where I stopped watching.

People put up for a few more seasons? good grief.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
If they really (seriously) wanted to pump some life back into TWD they'd do something like this...

Rather than Rick stumbling around and staring at things, they'd have Rick find the "edge" (civilization), but it's not what anyone expects. They'd find a civilization of globalist elites (Sons of Soros if you will) who had created their Utopian environment by conducting this 'experiment' which would wipe out much of the world's population. Then the show would at least have a focus, and a better bad-guy than Negan (because he's really tiring now). Then they could focus the show on taking the world back from the elites.

I mean, they've gotten so far away from the comic now why not, right?

Sounds like you want it to be like Z Nation.

Don''t forget that helicopter they kept seeing over by the trash people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join