It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Cancels "Roseanne" after Roseanne Barr's Racist Tweets.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
turn off all this trash, take all the media's power away

if all they want is black viewers who think all white people are racist let them have it

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Ok it's obvious I'm getting nowhere with you, either I'm not expressing myself in a conducive manner or something.

At the end of the day most of what I said boils down to I'm not gonna live by a script while others don't and call it equality and expect things to get better.

One last question though you stated people saying Trump supporters are rednecks is racist, would your feeling hold true if it was one Trump supporter they were talking to?
edit on 5/30/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Trump finally weighs in on Roseanne row saying he NEVER got an apology from ABC for the 'HORRIBLE statements made and said about me'

And now Bill Maher might be cancelled off HBO for calling Trump an orangutan.

Hypocrisy Alert! Wanda Sykes Calls Trump An "Orangutan" Then Quits Roseanne Show For Similar Joke!

edit on 30-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I found it hard to believe that Rosanne agreed to help make money for the Anti-Trump Disney/ESPN/ABC mega-corporation.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Is it possible that "The View" will be cancelled over this horrific statement from Whoopi cushion?
twitter.com...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Netflix Picking Up Roseanne After ABC’s Cancellation Over Star’s Racist Comments Is Satirical News

Netflix picking up “Roseanne” in record time following the show’s cancellation by ABC over the racist comments made by the show’s star is satirical news. There is truth ABC pulled the plug on the Roseanne revival after Roseanne Barr described former President Barack Obama aide Valerie Jarrett as the child of the “muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes.” However, there is no truth that Netflix picked up “Roseanne.”

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is basically Communist censorship. They're so simple to predict. Roseanne"s show is getting very popular. They want her to spin to the left to shape the minds of the weak. She doesn't want to. In fact she is pro Trump! So they had to get rid of the show.

Mark my words. Any time their is some popular show or platform with large volumes of people. Like Face Book or Twitter for example. The left will attempt to censor it to fit their narrative. They have to censor because their narrative cannot compete.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Is it possible that "The View" will be cancelled over this horrific statement from Whoopi cushion?
twitter.com...

That shirt is pretty cute. I wonder what would happen to her career if she wore a tee shirt showing Bill, Hillary and Mueller being executed in electric chairs? He he.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The only thing I'll say about this is it's not a First Amendment issue. Neither was the NFL protests. The First Amendment only protects you from Congress, your employer can squash your free speech all it wants.

I'm only bringing up the NFL protests because I've been seeing people compare them and say it's hypocritical to be against the anthem protests but defending Rosanne. I won't take sides on this Rosanne issue, but there's a distinct difference here in that she wasn't at her job, protesting on her employer's dime. That's a huge difference.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Ok it's obvious I'm getting nowhere with you, either I'm not expressing myself in a conducive manner or something.

At the end of the day most of what I said boils down to I'm not gonna live by a script while others don't and call it equality and expect things to get better.

One last question though you stated people saying Trump supporters are rednecks is racist, would your feeling hold true if it was one Trump supporter they were talking to?

You're expressing yourself just fine... however, there are legal definitions of what this kind of expression is and what words specifically fall into these categories. I am going by the legal definitions. So we're talking about two different things.

"Redneck" is one of those gray-area words where context is everything. As Texans, we use it among ourselves all the time (particularly in West Texas) and it's not intended as a pejorative. HOWEVER, the use of a phrase like "you are a stupid redneck" in a shouting match or Internet flame fest certainly is racist (and classicist.)

Supermoderator Redneck, however, is entitled to refer to himself with that term and his use of the term in his name is not considered racist since he's applying it to himself and it's not meant to indicate that he's mentally or morally deficient.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
The only thing I'll say about this is it's not a First Amendment issue. Neither was the NFL protests. The First Amendment only protects you from Congress, your employer can squash your free speech all it wants.

I'm only bringing up the NFL protests because I've been seeing people compare them and say it's hypocritical to be against the anthem protests but defending Rosanne. I won't take sides on this Rosanne issue, but there's a distinct difference here in that she wasn't at her job, protesting on her employer's dime. That's a huge difference.

Excellent points. And I'm not sure that she's an employee... I believe she's a contractor, isn't she? They are contracted to deliver a show (specific product) but are not "on the books" to do whatever the studios want them to do.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
twitter.com...

Speaking of doing a little research and focusing on the facts ... that image is fake news: Politifact

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: face23785

Excellent points. And I'm not sure that she's an employee... I believe she's a contractor, isn't she? They are contracted to deliver a show (specific product) but are not "on the books" to do whatever the studios want them to do.

True enough, but in this day and age I'm sure pretty much every TV contract contains a clause where they can cancel your show if you say something they don't like. The network is likely on solid legal ground. Rosanne is saying she's gonna "fight back". I don't know what she means, but I don't see how she has any legal recourse. The only way I could see her fighting back is getting another network to pick up her show.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

There is a legal definition that states it's racist to compare ONE person's appearance to a white lady in a costume that depicts a intelligent humaniod ape species?

If redneck is gray area due to what you say wouldn't the opposite be in fact true as well if we're being consistent, remember the 'N' word is used for power amongst a group. If the same standards apply the redneck could be offended by a person of the wrong color persuasion calling him that, right?
edit on 5/31/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well it looks like they're planning on Roseanne spinoff without her.
It will probably bomb.

www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join