It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Cancels "Roseanne" after Roseanne Barr's Racist Tweets.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: Riffrafter

I notice ABC didn't cancel Keith Olbermann for his violent, foul-mouthed tweet! Is that in line with their Disney values!!? Then fire Olbermann too.!!!!!

No. He is supporting the narrative against the only real President we have had in my life time. As long as you're a leftist brainwashed nut job you can say anything. That's why their shouldn't be any censorship because it is never fair.
edit on 29-5-2018 by Doctor Smith because: computer error

edit on 29-5-2018 by Doctor Smith because: correction

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: BlueJacket
...dont drink and tweet.

Well, those four words about cover it.
She managed to lower the brow just a notch too far.

Don't you hate it when that happens?
I shrug...no surprises there.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: notquiteright
So was it the ape comment that did it? If so, why mention the Soros stuff? Cause you know, the Soros stuff was true. He bragged about it on air.

The "Soros" stuff was that Chelsea Clinton's married to one of his nephews.

She isn't.

Roseanne said that Chelsea Clinton was married to George Soro's nephew?

I didn't know that. Source of quote? Tweet, interview, etc?

The Daily Mail has screencaps. There's other sources with this same story and screencaps; I just grabbed the first one I found.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I've never found her funny. And she is an adult so she's responsible for her comments. And in this case she cost several washed up actors and actresses their jobs because she was on some power trip. However I do wonder if she had not chosen VJ would people still act the same way? Because I do think part of the decision Robert Iger was based on him being friends with her.

Any time anyone refers to a Black person as an ape/offspring of an ape, that sets up a very convincing charge of racism.

She could have tweeted that VJ is acting unconstitutionally, has hampered justice, is stupid, has poor taste in clothing, or is a loser and that would be fine. But suggesting she's the offspring of the Muslim brotherhood and an ape is going too far.

She could have gotten away with it in the 1950's. But times have changed.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

See but that's the crux for me, you understand that her distaste for the women is most likely is due what she would refer to as communist leanings, not her race. Was it insensitive, of course, but does that necessarily make it racist? Does she have some features that resemble the character, I say yes. What about Trump being an orangeutan? Is that racist, would it be if he had a certain percentage of certain ethnicities.

He'll I see people everyday of different persuasions that resemble animals, if one that has the features of a monkey make it not real if they are a certain race? So if a person calls a Jewish person a rat for snitching would that be anti-semitic?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: carewemust

Some other network or cable network will pick RoseAnne up and will make boatloads of money off of Disneys' misstep.

ABC canceled Designated Survivor and talks are in the works with Netflix picking it up. I'd be willing to bet there are any number of other networks that would love to get 'Roseanne' as part of their line-up.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

Oh yeah, forgot about Netflix. Roseanne will land on her feet. Heck, maybe Roseanne planned this to gain her freedom from Disney. Those weak knee'd leftists!
edit on 30-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Rosanne was gone from Twitter this morning and now she's back tonight.
www.foxnews.com...

Sounds like the US/NK summit process, lol.

Will we see this duplicated with Rosanne and ABC? Hope not!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

See but that's the crux for me, you understand that her distaste for the women is most likely is due what she would refer to as communist leanings, not her race. Was it insensitive, of course, but does that necessarily make it racist? Does she have some features that resemble the character, I say yes. What about Trump being an orangeutan? Is that racist, would it be if he had a certain percentage of certain ethnicities.

He'll I see people everyday of different persuasions that resemble animals, if one that has the features of a monkey make it not real if they are a certain race? So if a person calls a Jewish person a rat for snitching would that be anti-semitic?

Yes, it does make it racist, no matter what the basis for the comment. She said it was humor.

The thing is, "orangutan" isn't or wasn't derogatory slang for Caucasian. Nor is "ape." Nor are there thousands of cartoons depicting Caucasians as orangutans. "Ape" is used to deride an entire group of people, judged for their skin color. Calling Morgan Freeman a horse, for instance, isn't racist. Calling VJ a seal or otter or lioness or even hyena isn't racist. It might be in poor taste but it's not racist.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Yes, it does make it racist, no matter what the basis for the comment. She said it was humor.

The thing is, "orangutan" isn't or wasn't derogatory slang for Caucasian. Nor is "ape." Nor are there thousands of cartoons depicting Caucasians as orangutans. "Ape" is used to deride an entire group of people, judged for their skin color. Calling Morgan Freeman a horse, for instance, isn't racist. Calling VJ a seal or otter or lioness or even hyena isn't racist. It might be in poor taste but it's not racist.

Anyone in their right mind knows that calling Trump an orangutan is directed at his hair color. Which is fully a racist remark. I'm getting sick of the obvious double standard of the leftist plague. We shouldn't rest until ABC is shut down.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Doctor Smith because: added

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

I wish people would be more cautious or critical of these quotes attributed to history's great men. They are rarely correct and often used to legitimize either far left or far right ideologies and ideas.

This particularly one that is attributed to seventeenth century French philosopher Voltaire is really a quote by present day American convicted pedophile, neo-nazi Kevin Alfred Strom, and the misconception is so widespread that more serious collections of quotes often include it specifically to dispel it.

It is from an anti-semetic rant.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I see you cherry picked around to give what you think is an appropriate answer.

How about the Jewish, rat, snitch question? If it is anti-semitic would it be if the person making the comment didn't know the person was jewish?

Every black comedian that depicts a white person depicts the nerdy white version, is that racist?
edit on 5/30/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: Kharron

I wish people would be more cautious or critical of these quotes attributed to history's great men. They are rarely correct and often used to legitimize either far left or far right ideologies and ideas.

This particularly one that is attributed to seventeenth century French philosopher Voltaire is really a quote by present day American convicted pedophile, neo-nazi Kevin Alfred Strom, and the misconception is so widespread that more serious collections of quotes often include it specifically to dispel it.

It is from an anti-semetic rant.

Absolute, total BS.

Do you just make this sh#t up or do you just blindly follow some moronic group that states crap like that as if it were fact.

Hey, I have an idea - do some research of your own!

smh

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

Anyone in their right mind knows that calling Trump an orangutan is directed at his hair color. Which is fully a racist remark. I'm getting sick of the obvious double standard of the leftist plague. We shouldn't rest until ABC is shut down.

Racist is not the same as personal.

If you can show that Caucasians are commonly depicted as orangutans and that orangutan is a slur for Caucasian (and no other race) then yes, it's racist.

Calling Trump an orangutan might be in poor taste, but it's not racist because "orangutan" was never a slur word for the entire Caucasian race.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I see you cherry picked around to give what you think is an appropriate answer.

How about the Jewish, rat, snitch question? If it is anti-semitic would it be if the person making the comment didn't know the person was jewish?

Every black comedian that depicts a white person depicts the nerdy white version, is that racist?

"Rat" is not a synonym for Jewish, nor is snitch. Rat and snitch can be the same thing. And White nerds are not the entire Caucasian race or even a regional group of Caucasians.

The rule on naming slurs is that it's okay if a member of that minority uses the word to refer to other members of that minority. So a Native American calling another one "Redskin" isn't controversial. If I, as a White, address a Native American as a "Redskin", I'm quite likely to be schooled and criticized by others.

I think that the racist equivalent for Blacks against Whites would be "Honkey" because it refers to all Whites irrespective of gender or social power. So that would be a slur. I can't remember what the Jewish equivalent is... I think it's "Hebe" (I know that there's a Jewish magazine called "Hebe" and it's pretty counter-culture.)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hahahahahahaha....they just keep on shooting themselves in the foot.

Ironically, the current “Roseanne” was ABC’s biggest hit of the 2017-2018 season, drawing an average 18.7 million viewers, second only to CBS sitcom “The Big Bang Theory,” according to Nielsen data through May 20.

People will start looking into this and possibly doing their own research. imho, trump is a setup and fully controlled but there was a reason why he was brought into office. The numbers are growing and people are starting to wake up.

The thirst is real and they just put those thirsty people in the middle of a desert. Hahahahahah

Racism, you people are funny. Maybe it is time to wake up?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

This is a good discussion that looks into some of the specifics of the subject while bringing out some of the hypocrisy many overlook to get that warm feeling they so desperately need .

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

But isn't muhammad part of the protected class? He can say and slander anything with that official badge, no one can say a word.

Uhoh, people are saying words? Ooooo, they aren't toeing the SJW line?

It is sooooo glorious to see this S&## backfire. The pendulum is starting to slow momentum as it reaches its apex, or maybe even start the slow motion in the opposite direction. I hope it takes a long time before the momentum starts picking up the other way. I want these sanctimonious people to be caught completely unaware. I want to taste their tears once they realize that self accountability and self responsibility are becoming vogue again. I want to see the look of a dear in the headlights reflected in their eyes.

It is about time. It is about time they get a taste of their own medicine. Maybe we will even be a little bit kinder and treat them better than they have treated us. Nah.

Awwww, so it could have been racists. So what? Criminalizing thought patterns. That has to end well right? That has to be sustainable right?

What is the purpose? If everyone has glorious and kind thoughts, society will lift itself? And you people actually think that? Try turning that 180 degrees and realize that type of group thought will lower mankind. Make us more vulnerable to the people that don't adhere to those rules.

Sweet salty tears. MMMMMMMMMM

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Jewish people haven't historically been depicted as rats? I know rat and snitching can be the same thing that's what makes the question perplexing.

You miss the point, from EVERY black comedian I have seen depict a white person goes with 1 of 2 options, either overtly dumb redneck or the proverbial nerd. They make no declaration about it being a nerdy white guy. It reminds me of Eminem talking about superman as in what his disguise Clark Kent represents about how he see's humans.

You don't see a problem with people calling for equality adopting differing standards for people. Is the not the core principal of being racist? Racism is about holding power over a group due to their race, or assuming you are better for being one race over another.

If somebody takes power over any situation to make them feel equal would it not be fair to assume those people in a position of power wouldn't be any different? The opposite of racism is racism, the anti-thesis of racism is rationality.

People on social media get berated for sharing something that was created and shared by others. Let's say one of those "What in section 8,...etc" meme's, if my black friend shares it's ok, but if I share it all the sudden it becomes magically racist?

How about a white mentally defecient kid quoting something he saw a person of color mention on tv. If he does so and the wrong person here's him does it make him racist? If the people around him don't know of his deficiency it may not matter, but does his lack of knowledge of the situation change anything? If so can you blame racist people if we go by the prognosis that it's learned behaviour? Is ignorance ever an excuse? I mean we do make excuses for people and assume they are bad due to mostly circumstance? Does that logic not apply here?

I see blacks rally against Jews for their depiction, some have come to the realization that our media and entertainment sector is heavily influenced by Jewish decent. I see conservative' s rally against Jews for their promotion of a global government, open borders, and what not. Are either of these good enough reasons to have a distaste for people of Jewish decent, or is it anti-semitic? Is one more so than the other? What if they specify Zionist Jews, I would surmise one of those two people expressing the view may get a pass for specifying a type and one may not.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Jewish people haven't historically been depicted as rats? I know rat and snitching can be the same thing that's what makes the question perplexing.

When in doubt, look at a dictionary. Any dictionary. You'll see rat is not used as a synonym for Jew here in America. Here's the Racial Slur Database Entry for 'Jew'

And here's the entry for Blacks. Notice that "ape" is in there.

You miss the point, from EVERY black comedian I have seen depict a white person goes with 1 of 2 options, either overtly dumb redneck or the proverbial nerd. They make no declaration about it being a nerdy white guy. It reminds me of Eminem talking about superman as in what his disguise Clark Kent represents about how he see's humans.

It's not "what entertainers/comedians say." It's "What is the common vernacular?"

Here's the Racial Slur Database for "Whites" Note that "Redneck" counts, but nobody's called Trump a Redneck.

You don't see a problem with people calling for equality adopting differing standards for people. Is the not the core principal of being racist? Racism is about holding power over a group due to their race, or assuming you are better for being one race over another.

Let's review the situation: An entertainer made a doubly disparaging remark (muslim and ape) about an official. She was censured. While there have been a lot of jokes about Trump and references to his possibly being a racist AND he's been called a lot of things, he hasn't been called "Honky" or any other disparaging word for Caucasians. His supporters have been called "rednecks" and yes, that's racist.

People on social media get berated for sharing something that was created and shared by others. Let's say one of those "What in section 8,...etc" meme's, if my black friend shares it's ok, but if I share it all the sudden it becomes magically racist?

She wasn't sharing a meme. Those were her own words. Let's not wander afield.

To bring this to the point I made, calling Trump an orangutan is not a racist statement. Calling him a redneck honky WOULD be racist. Rosanne didn't call Trump a redneck honky. She said that a Black official was a Muslim-ape. And that's racist.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join