It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Elon Musk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

He isn't a tall Poppy. His name is short for Elongated Muskrat.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

IDK about that but he may need Sarah Conner to stop him...

I think his problem is that he wants to be Branson but he's not willing to be patient about it.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: Illiberation
Because you're easily impressed

The SpaceX twin booster luanch / landing impressed the hell out of me. Tesla's work on utility grade batteries is also quite impressive. Batteries are the key to proper function and electrical grid system balance for large scale solar projects.
Your not P. T. Barnum when you can pull off hard science with the entire world watching. When Elon launched his personal car into orbit beyond Mars, that's hard science with style, I would like to meet the guy someday. We need mega dreamers with huge, brass ones if we are ever going to get off of this rock. Tesla, SpaceX, well done! Elon Musk, what's Next?

Science that is 50 years old at least...literally NOTHING in the car market has changed and spacex is as boring as Nasa.

Funny how people's imaginations run wild cause they need to believe something.

Talk about mountains from molehills.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
quote]originally posted by: Nickn3

The SpaceX twin booster luanch / landing impressed the hell out of me. Tesla's work on utility grade batteries is also quite impressive. Batteries are the key to proper function and electrical grid system balance for large scale solar projects.
Your not P. T. Barnum when you can pull off hard science with the entire world watching. When Elon launched his personal car into orbit beyond Mars, that's hard science with style, I would like to meet the guy someday. We need mega dreamers with huge, brass ones if we are ever going to get off of this rock. Tesla, SpaceX, well done! Elon Musk, what's Next?

And what good does this do for the world honestly?
edit on 1SundaySunday18bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 27 May 2018 16:18:23 -0500pm3118 by Illiberation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Illiberation

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's rather funny that visionaries like Musk used to be highly revered by most everyone. Now he's a target for the scientifically illiterate and those jealous of his success.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

quote]originally posted by: Nickn3

And what good does this do for the world honestly?

Tesla just closed the switch on one of the largest batteries in the world, and made money on the deal.
electrek.co...

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Science that is 50 years old at least...literally NOTHING in the car market has changed and spacex is as boring as Nasa.

Did you even watch the luanch? The math is incredible. 50 yeas ago NASA was hardly off of the slide rule. This twin luanch/landing took millions of calculations per second and that had to be instantly put into action. 50 yeas ago NASA struggled to do a mid course correction on Apollo 13 on the fly with their single use vehicle. The only common denominator was both Tesla and NASA use rockets, but the technology is not the same.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Hot and smart, sweet!

edit on 28-5-2018 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If you want to go very fast and you need to go very straight, how about supersonic commercial Aircraft, similar to the Concorde, but ... more up to date. For example Tupolev TU-160. What the hell is the point of digging tunnels for it when you can fly above.

Is he trying to build underground military tunnels and facilities for usage by politicians, oligarchs and military top brass ?

Even better, a sub-orbital spacecraft, that reaches space and coasts with a ballistic trajectory until its re-entry point. A flight that currently lasts 12 hours, would barely last 35 minutes using a ballistic space trajectory. In a way, similar to the Space Ship One or Two, but bigger, for more passengers or cargo.

edit on 28-8-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

I was just thinking the other day while watching Diamonds are forever , nothing has changed in the last 50 years tech wise space x was a term from the 60s Thunderbirds cartoons and Elon is holed up in a hotel in the desert like a bond baddie

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Elon Musk has single handily changed the way car companies and space exploration is handled. He has taken on challenges that all of us would never dare dream of doing. He has changed the world with his knowledge of how to utilize batteries for the better. He has just saved a car company from doom in just under two months. SpaceX has mastered the art and can land multiple boosters upright simultaneously!
And yet we have people we have people dismissing these achievements and throwing him to the side. How can this be?

Single handily, I don't think so

Did he build the car himself? Or engineers did design and build them

Did he build the rocket himself? No

I read the the guy from apple, Steve Wozniak built entirely the computer that they started selling, so that guy did 'single handily' changed history in many ways

Hiring people that knows what to do, like the Facebook or Tesla guys did, and telling them to build something for you is not the same thing

He may be smart but there are lots of people figuring things out, he is not out there doing all the work so I don't see why

I mean there's a difference between requesting to improve battery life and push the employees hard to do it and actually working on the battery logic or design or whatever and figure out ways to get it done, whoever figured it out is the one who should be respected

I would not say I did it just because I ordered and pushed people around to do it for me, they did it I just asked and paid for it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join