It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Elon Musk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WiseThinker

Thank you for that in depth analysis

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ironically, the same thing will happen to him as has happened in Tesla vs Edison. Going against well established money will only push him into obscurity.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Elon Musk reminds me of the elk attractant that hunters can spray on themselves or their bait pile to attract the elk.

If I was that rich I would change my name.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Elon Musk reminds me of the elk attractant that hunters can spray on themselves or their bait pile to attract the elk.

hehe true, but there are a lot of names that don't sound great... maybe it means something more where he's from in South Africa. *shrug*

Not trying to make this political, but truth be told Trump doesn't exactly flow off the tongue. It's better than Drumpf though.

Zuckerberg? I'd change that one if it were me.

Obama? That didn't help him much. But nothing would sound the same as 'Thanks, Obama!'

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

hehe true, but there are a lot of names that don't sound great... maybe it means something more where he's from in South Africa. *shrug*

Not trying to make this political, but truth be told Trump doesn't exactly flow off the tongue. It's better than Drumpf though.

Obama? That didn't help him much. But nothing would sound the same as 'Thanks, Obama!'

In pinnacle, Trump is a "wild card". It kind of matches him well.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

In pinnacle, Trump is a "wild card". It kind of matches him well.

Yeah, I've played that. 'To trump up' has an unfortunate meaning though.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: MRinder

But yet he has turned Tesla into a profitable company and his space ventures are on the rise. He had paid back all loans with interest FYI. So again how is he a con artist?

People just hate the success of progressive technologies. I hate to say it, but Musk makes capitalism actually work.

NASA sucked tax payer money like a leech on a fish back in the 60s, and people loved it, now that someone is actually forward thinking and contributing to the electric car and private space exploration people all of a sudden hate it.
What gives?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Quit idiolizing a name.

Mr. Musk is nothing to take notice of.

His company is going down. If you take a look at the real world. But hey, everybody gets a lease when the government backs you up.

He is not a futurist. Or a smart business man. And the downfall is not something that I am gloating over. Just something I recognize.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Tesla is not his company and now it is doing well. And yes he is a futurist. He is doing very well and actually getting things done. I am sorry he does not fit your bill but he is actively doing things that others are not.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Because the car he sent to Mars will overshoot it?

* has no real idea, maybe people think he's a tall poppy *

Can you even send a car into space while revolutionizing our ability to send and receive space vehicles and cutting the cost by an enormous margin?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Yeah it's amazing what you can do when you have access to the money of a bunch of suckers and you are a great con artist. The modern day PT Barnum.

And to add with a mind that is actually revolutionary with his idea's of design and engineering, but hey let me know when you achieve just 1/5 of what he has achieved.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
Allaroundyou, you might want to check your facts on Tesla's finances. Here is a good start. It's from April of this year.

www.google.com...

Well when you go against the big 3 it doesn't matter if you last name is Musk or Tucker.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Sleeping on the floor of his battery factory is not inspiring but sad. And batteries will sink him.

And the government won’t bail him out.

See vanadium redox flow batteries.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I don’t think the government needs to bail him out. If anything he will allow the government to get away from the grasps of Boeing and ULA. And him sleeping in the conference room shows a level of dedication. One that many people do not have.
So i ask you, what exactly is your problem with him?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

And also VRFB needs many more years to get it to be a viable asset.
Maybe Musk can help with that

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Sleeping on the floor of his battery factory is not inspiring but sad.

I know right? Who is he to have so much determination to bring his own vision to life? Maybe if more people were that determined to live their lives to the fullest potential someone might come up with an idea that would advance humans in a good way.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

He does not put his ass on the line.

It is easy betting the house’s money. Let’s see him put his own ass on the line and maybe I might care.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

He put his bum on the line for SpaceX and devoted countless hours to both Tesla motors and SpaceX. And you sit there and have the audacity to say what you did. He will do down in the history books.
Will you???

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

You seem to be uninformed of what he has done for the success of his ventures. Go google him and then get back to me.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

While I respect what he's done in relation to Space X and the way he blew me away with his reusable rocket landings I can't shake the thought that ....

He probably already has a secret base on the Moon from where he will hold the world hostage in 10 years or so.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join