It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Elon Musk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Elon Musk has single handily changed the way car companies and space exploration is handled. He has taken on challenges that all of us would never dare dream of doing. He has changed the world with his knowledge of how to utilize batteries for the better. He has just saved a car company from doom in just under two months. SpaceX has mastered the art and can land multiple boosters upright simultaneously!
And yet we have people we have people dismissing these achievements and throwing him to the side. How can this be?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Because the car he sent to Mars will overshoot it?

* has no real idea, maybe people think he's a tall poppy *

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I know that you live in Australia but I do not know is the term tall poppy?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Ohhh I had to look that one up. And yes I agree with that.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yeah it's amazing what you can do when you have access to the money of a bunch of suckers and you are a great con artist. The modern day PT Barnum.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Because you're easily impressed

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

For the uninitiated, could you explain via dot points what makes him a con artist? Thank you!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Yeah it's amazing what you can do when you have access to the money of a bunch of suckers and you are a great con artist. The modern day PT Barnum.

Can you please explain how he is a con artist?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Can you please explain how he is a con artist?

Well I would be more than glad to. Thanks for asking. He constantly lies to his idiot shareholders about how many cars will be produced every quarter, about how they are always about to fix production issues, about how they will turn a profit next quarter, etc. He's burned through $10 billion of debt with no foreseeable end in sight. He says the model 3 will be profitable at $42k. He sells his dumbass customers full autopilot at 5k a crack and keeps saying it will be fully automated some magical day in the future. He chose to have Tesla buy Solar City because it was headed for bankruptcy, which made Tesla's already horrible cash flow problem way worse. Tesla's is a train wreck and burning through money like it's water and Mr. ADHD can't focus on fixing that because he's too busy boring tunnels, building a hyperloop, and selling flame throwers. It's all a shell game being led by a master con artist. Though I do envy his con artist skills.
edit on 26-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illiberation
Because you're easily impressed

The SpaceX twin booster luanch / landing impressed the hell out of me. Tesla's work on utility grade batteries is also quite impressive. Batteries are the key to proper function and electrical grid system balance for large scale solar projects.
Your not P. T. Barnum when you can pull off hard science with the entire world watching. When Elon launched his personal car into orbit beyond Mars, that's hard science with style, I would like to meet the guy someday. We need mega dreamers with huge, brass ones if we are ever going to get off of this rock. Tesla, SpaceX, well done! Elon Musk, what's Next?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

But yet he has turned Tesla into a profitable company and his space ventures are on the rise. He had paid back all loans with interest FYI. So again how is he a con artist?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Allaroundyou, you might want to check your facts on Tesla's finances. Here is a good start. It's from April of this year.

www.google.com...

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You might want to check your facts on Tesla's finances. Here is a good start. It's from April of this year.

www.google.com...

I thought i also heard that he stays afloat due to massive government subsidies? Could be wrong, just a faint memory. I don't really follow tesla.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

You might want to check your facts on Tesla's finances. Here is a good start. It's from April of this year.

www.google.com...

I thought i also heard that he stays afloat due to massive government subsidies? Could be wrong, just a faint memory. I don't really follow tesla.

A star for you. You are right about that but I blame that in the idiot politicians. I can't really fault a guy for taking free money when the fools are passing it out.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I was just pointing that out as another example of him not really making money in the truest sense, and removing subsidies would just inflate his cash burn rate.

Tesla is no apple, or amazon. That's for sure. There isn't any money there.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Because its mostly fake stuff
Like WWF or 9/11
The graphics were amazing on the "car launch" though. Good work in the special effects department.
NASA should hire his team

No, honestly, I don't know.

Maybe the world has been successfully muzzled by the fluoride and vaccines to a point that all we can handle now is Trump bad or Hillary bad. No room for anything else.

Oh, look at that car floating through space! Wow, I am just helpless, let me go beat up on Trump or Hillary sheeple.

Ah, I don't know man, I think I'm going to stick with Sativa in the morning and Indica in the evening or somethin man, wow.

Elon Musk? Oh look a half eaten bagel

edit on 26-5-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I was just pointing that out as another example of him not really making money in the truest sense, and removing subsidies would just inflate his cash burn rate.

Yeah I got your point and it was a great one. Sorry I must be grumpy tonight.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Nope, probably me. I don't blame him either for taking money. Being a subsidy hunter doesn't make a good businessman, imo.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Nope, probably me. I don't blame him either for taking money. Being a subsidy hunter doesn't make a good businessman, imo.

Agreed. Well it will be interesting real soon. When Tesla hits 200,000 cars sold later this year the subsidies on the cost of the cars lowers. We will see how many people really want a car that takes hours to charge when they are getting less free government money when they buy one. Wait until they completely disappear then it will be really telling.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
He is hated in the investment world because he is a con artist as stated above.

Tesla is NOT profitable, it is a huge money sink being run on fluffy hopes and dreams (Stocks). Currently Telsa is valued above car manufactureres like BMW and Tesla will need a LOT more money before they even become profitable.

Not to mention the fact that Mr. Musk is beta testing cars on his Consumers. No other car company would even dream of launching experimental features and using their consumers for live testing !
He makes bold claims that cannot be met just to get some extra press and more money for the sink. Most analysts think Tesla is in for a VERY tough time as the big car manufacturers start coming out with their fully electric cars, which have been fully tested and don't do silly things like overheat.

So this could end up in a situation where mom and pop invested a lot of their money in Tesla and Mr Musks fake dreams and claims, and loose it all as Tesla flames out and has to start liquidating stock to stay afloat.

Not to mention the fact that he dismissed a couple of analysts in the last shareholder meeting saying "Booring question, next" and when asked about SpaceX and Tesla cooperation said " That's a good idea, i haven't really thought about it"

These are just a few of the reasons Elon Musk is hated by people who look deeper than just the surface of Tesla.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join