It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British miracle baby survives 2-day abortion procedure; child 'defeated all the odds'!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It is such good news to hear this kind of thing. This mother will have to look that child in the face later in life and say" I tried to kill you once".

This is a Miracle child!

British miracle baby survives 2-day abortion procedure; child 'defeated all the odds'

WASHINGTON (BP)--Sometimes an abortion does not produce a dead child. In a recently reported case from Great Britain, even multiple attempts at an abortion failed to do so.

A baby boy who survived repeated efforts to kill him while he was in the womb is doing well as a 2-year-old, according to a report in a British medical journal. Physicians at Salford’s Hope Hospital, where the infant was treated after his birth 24 weeks into his mother’s pregnancy, believe he is the most prematurely born baby to survive abortion long term.

The infant’s travails began when his mother, 24 and already the single parent of a 19-month-old child, learned she was pregnant at 22 weeks, according to a Feb. 14 online article of the Manchester News. The newspaper reported she chose to have an abortion and was given four different drugs during a two-day span for the purpose of taking her child’s life.

The clinic informed the woman the baby was dead and she should return in four days for the body to be removed, according to the report. On a train ride home, however, she felt her child move and quickly changed her mind about the abortion

SOURCE

Story # 2

Abortion Bill Would Put Fetus Viability At 20 Weeks

POSTED: 3:46 pm EST February 17, 2005

INDIANAPOLIS -- Legislation that states a human fetus can survive outside the womb after 20 weeks of gestation has cleared an Indiana House committee.

The Public Policy and Veterans Affairs Committee sent the bill to the full House on Wednesday. The measure also would mandate annual inspections for abortion clinics.

Doctors have construed the Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade decision as establishing the viability of a fetus at no earlier than the 24th week after conception.

Arthur Caplan, director of the Center for Bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, told The Indianapolis Star he is unaware of any other state that already establishes the viability of a fetus. He also said no medical experts suggest a baby born as early as 20 weeks is viable.

source

[edit on 18-2-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
It is such good news to hear this kind of thing. This mother will have to look that child in the face later in life and say" I tried to kill you once".

It is both good and bad he survived.
Good cause we have another person and a life in the world, BUT later on in life this child is going to be much more than heart broken.

This is a Miracle child!

Yes it is.....

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

It is both good and bad he survived.
Good cause we have another person and a life in the world, BUT later on in life this child is going to be much more than heart broken.

This is a Miracle child!

Yes it is.....

I am afraid you are right in the sense that heartbroken wont quite cover it......can you imagine the 'guilt'?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I am afraid you are right in the sense that heartbroken wont quite cover it......can you imagine the 'guilt'?

It would be immense,also this may lead to some serios mental problems for all concerned.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I saw a child baptized today and it is great to see new life brought into the world and then I think of the practice of abortion and I get sick, laws I guess will not change things, we need to change hearts to let them recognize the value of life.........so small and defenseless against the saws and suction cups...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I saw a child baptized today and it is great to see new life brought into the world and then I think of the practice of abortion and I get sick, laws I guess will not change things, we need to change hearts to let them recognize the value of life.........so small and defenseless against the saws and suction cups...

I'm sorry but I dont agree, we can justify fighitng a war and killing hundreds yet cant justify stopping an unwanted child.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I dont agree, we can justify fighitng a war and killing hundreds yet cant justify stopping an unwanted child.

Well then if anyone is unwanted then they should be killed?

You don't recognize a fetus as a human so you will not understand this....

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Well then if anyone is unwanted then they should be killed?

You don't recognize a fetus as a human so you will not understand this....

I see it like a nurse would see it, just another group of cells, you've served with the military.
You know what its like to point a weapon at a man , he's just another enemy.
Is it right to bomb thousands of wanted and loved children yet not ok to stop the unwanted pregnancy of an unloved possible child, remember pregnancy isnt 100% safe for the fetus.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

remember pregnancy isnt 100% safe for the fetus.

Also remember....war IS 0% safe for all involved. Just a thought. I am pro-choice but don't like the idea of abortion. I've had 2 friends who have had abortions and trust me...it changes all involved. It is not something to be entered into lightly.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ed after thinking it over I am sorry for the comment I made about combat killing 2 posts ago....please ignore it, it was idiotic of me to post it.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ed after thinking it over I am sorry for the comment I made about combat killing 2 posts ago....please ignore it, it was idiotic of me to post it.

I did not take offense m8, and I can say that I have never had to look down the sights at another human with the intent to kill, I am lucky in that way but I would pull the trigger if the need arose.

I feel that the unborn being taken just because the mother doesn't want it is murder and no one can change the way I see that...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I did not take offense m8, and I can say that I have never had to look down the sights at another human with the intent to kill, I am lucky in that way but I would pull the trigger if the need arose.

I hope I dont have to ethier, killing isnt a job I would like.

I feel that the unborn being taken just because the mother doesn't want it is murder and no one can change the way I see that...

Thats good, standing by your morals is the best way a person can stay who they are and be totaly secure with themselves.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

This is a Miracle child!

British miracle baby survives 2-day abortion procedure; child 'defeated all the odds'

WASHINGTON (BP)--Sometimes an abortion does not produce a dead child. In a recently reported case from Great Britain, even multiple attempts at an abortion failed to do so.

A baby boy who survived repeated efforts to kill him while he was in the womb is doing well as a 2-year-old, according to a report in a British medical journal. Physicians at Salford’s Hope Hospital, where the infant was treated after his birth 24 weeks into his mother’s pregnancy, believe he is the most prematurely born baby to survive abortion long term.

The infant’s travails began when his mother, 24 and already the single parent of a 19-month-old child, learned she was pregnant at 22 weeks, according to a Feb. 14 online article of the Manchester News. The newspaper reported she chose to have an abortion and was given four different drugs during a two-day span for the purpose of taking her child’s life.

The clinic informed the woman the baby was dead and she should return in four days for the body to be removed, according to the report. On a train ride home, however, she felt her child move and quickly changed her mind about the abortion

SOURCE

Story # 2

Abortion Bill Would Put Fetus Viability At 20 Weeks

POSTED: 3:46 pm EST February 17, 2005

INDIANAPOLIS -- Legislation that states a human fetus can survive outside the womb after 20 weeks of gestation has cleared an Indiana House committee.

The Public Policy and Veterans Affairs Committee sent the bill to the full House on Wednesday. The measure also would mandate annual inspections for abortion clinics.

Doctors have construed the Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade decision as establishing the viability of a fetus at no earlier than the 24th week after conception.

Arthur Caplan, director of the Center for Bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, told The Indianapolis Star he is unaware of any other state that already establishes the viability of a fetus. He also said no medical experts suggest a baby born as early as 20 weeks is viable.

source

[edit on 18-2-2005 by edsinger]

Well this prove that there higher power at work... we don't have 100% free will as human being...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

Well this prove that there higher power at work... we don't have 100% free will as human being...

Indeed there was, indeed.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Some evolutionists could say that unborn babies are evolving to be able to survive all these abortions. I mean isnt it survival of the fittest?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Some evolutionists could say that unborn babies are evolving to be able to survive all these abortions. I mean isnt it survival of the fittest?

I am afraid it doesn't work that way, this was a miracle, a miracle indeed.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

I am afraid it doesn't work that way, this was a miracle, a miracle indeed.

I guess what I meant to say is we're evolving since our babies get killed in the womb so much we're evolving to try and survive. Just like growing a thumb to hang on to something.

new topics

top topics

join