It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with Starbucks bathroom policy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They don't really have a great way to control the bathroom use. The stores are very busy at times and who exactly is suppose to ensure non-paying customers don't use the bathroom. Post someone outside the door to check receipts? Make paying customers use tokens?

None of it is worth it. Most Starbucks are not in "bad" neighborhoods.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The success rate for addiction programs is utterly abysmal. Whether something is considered a disease or not really is immaterial, the bottom line is nobody jammed a needle in the addict's arm, blew a line up their nose, or waterboarded them with a bottle of Old Grandad. Those were choices and choices have consequences. There are much better places for those dollars to go, such as the pockets of the earners, where the money should be left in the first place. It just makes no sense to save someone from natural consequences when they, themselves, don't put in the maximum effort to be saved.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
They don't really have a great way to control the bathroom use. The stores are very busy at times and who exactly is suppose to ensure non-paying customers don't use the bathroom. Post someone outside the door to check receipts? Make paying customers use tokens?

None of it is worth it. Most Starbucks are not in "bad" neighborhoods.

Don't allow loitering. It's fairly obvious who's a paying customer at a table... just look for the happy people drinking a beverage in a cup with a green mermaid on it.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Bluntone22

Bathrooms all across the world are used by drug users, usually those who inject via a needle. This isn’t a Starbucks only problem. Some states are starting to support places for these serious drug users to take their drugs so they can be monitored and prevented from over dousing and possibly provide drug addiction help.

I've never used drugs nor known anyone who has. I thought the whole point was to enjoy the experience. You know, all of the stereotypes...blacklights, Hendrix music, glowing posters, lava lamps, sitting at home in your living room or bedroom and just having a great time being high. Not in a generic bathroom somewhere. I don't see the point.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Lol I remember waiting in line in a Starbucks once...some guy came in with a half covered baby stroller and asked to use the bathroom to change his baby...said it was really urgent....they let him in...you could see through the cover on the stroller...there was no baby in the stroller...and when he came out he'd left his 'baby' and stroller in the bathroom and kinda stumbled away.
edit on 25/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Starbucks has been in the news recently after two men that were loitering in their store refused to leave and got arrested.

As a result, Starbucks changed their bathroom policy to allow anyone to use the bathrooms even if they are not paying customers.

Apparently the result is bathrooms being used for drug activity.
Well duh..

"Employees Find Needles, Drug Baggies and Blood All Over the Walls After Starbucks Opens Its Bathrooms to Everyone"

www.thegatewaypundit.com... ne/

Surprise surprise surprise

Liberal policies win again!

If only they had one of those nifty drug-use daycare centers like the ones opening in San Fran. Let Darwin round em all up in one spot for nature to crack some eggs

Make Addicted Freaks Abhorred Again

But knowing Starcucks they're probably just going to add another bathroom sign next to the gender-neutral one for drug-users.

Maybe the sign will look something like this but without the big red X

edit on 25-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, depends on where you’re going to get help. I had no idea that many drug rehab centers were next to useless and only wanted that insurance money from their patients. That said, there’s good ones out there too but you have to really do your homework.

Well, I hope you don’t claim to be a religious man because not wanting to help the sick is a terrible position to have in life. Thank god you’ll never be a politician.
edit on 25-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Progressive "feel-good" policies.

This is just another example of why progressives are morons.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just try not to act shocked when they roll out the 'neutral-gender drug-use bathroom only' signs.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My problem with this is those 2 douche bags that started all this are now even more empowered in their douchbaggery. Showing them that being an ignorant ass actually works at fixing invisible injustices. It's interesting when the privileged have a victim mentality.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That's a good idea, drug only washrooms with one way lock doors so law enforcement can be called in, cameras included.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just try not to act shocked when they roll out the 'neutral-gender drug-use bathroom only' signs.

To date, I have never set foot in a Starbucks establishment.

Then again, I don't drink coffee.

Seriously though? Starbucks is going to bleed money and one day soon, one of their employees is going to be killed by a "non-paying" customer.

In my opinion.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

That's a good idea, drug only washrooms with one way lock doors so law enforcement can be called in, cameras included.

I'd rather there be a rabid Gary Busey in there to finish them off, but I'm willing to compromise.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Is it just me or is this a great parallel to open borders but on a micro scale. Basically you just can't let people do whatever they want because they end up overrunning everything and costing you money and running your culture. So just like drug addicts ruin the culture and environment of a Starbucks so does letting anyone come to your country and take advantage of your resources.

link   
Double post
edit on 25-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

link   

I'd rather there be a rabid Gary Busey in there to finish them off, but I'm willing to compromise.

Would you settle for a rabid Hillary Clinton? I mean, if the coppers are awol that day.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Would you settle for a rabid Hillary Clinton? I mean, if the coppers are awol that day.
Hillary is so scary she would scare anyone straight. They should put a Hillary in her titanium exoskeleton mannequin in every Starbucks restroom. It would be like a scarecrow from hell, literally from hell.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
Is it just me or is this a great parallel to open borders but on a micro scale. Basically you just can't let people do whatever they want because they end up overrunning everything and costing you money and running your culture. So just like drug addicts ruin the culture and environment of a Starbucks so does letting anyone come to your country and take advantage of your resources.

You mean people invading an establishment to take up space and resources, but not contribute in any way is like our immigration issue?

Naw! You're crazy!

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Pardon the pun but #1 - bathrooms in the US are pretty much open for anyone. Some stores say only for customers but the vast majority pretty much let anyone use them, (except for the inner city). In Europe you have to pay to use the toilet and in some places there are people in there making sure there isn't illegal activity and making sure it is kept clean. Maybe this is a solution for these types of places. If gross bathroom activity scares off paying customers Starbucks will change their policy in one way or another.

#2 - I think you are partially wrong when you say Nobody jammed a needle in an addict's arm. There are many many cases of drug abuse that all started from prescription drugs that were legitimately prescribed. I think we have all been saved from natural consequence at one time or another, some cases are just more extreme. I don't do drugs, never had, but I still have sympathy for people going through the struggle.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Some states are starting to support places for these serious drug users to take their drugs so they can be monitored and prevented from over dousing and possibly provide drug addiction help.

Safe injection sites. They are opening in Canadian cities as well. Cheaper to monitor a fix than to call an EMS for an OD. Yes, addicts are all rotten scum and should OD to do us all a favour...until it's your or your neighbour's kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join