It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with Starbucks bathroom policy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Starbucks has been in the news recently after two men that were loitering in their store refused to leave and got arrested.

As a result, Starbucks changed their bathroom policy to allow anyone to use the bathrooms even if they are not paying customers.

Apparently the result is bathrooms being used for drug activity.
Well duh..

"Employees Find Needles, Drug Baggies and Blood All Over the Walls After Starbucks Opens Its Bathrooms to Everyone"

www.thegatewaypundit.com... ne/

Surprise surprise surprise

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My mom ran a restaurant in Lahaina, Maui in the early 80s and she thought it would be great to offer facilities to the many homeless beach families with toddlers.

"Thats nice" everyone said.

Turns out heroin was the main use of the bathrooms within a week, and they stopped allowing homeless in. No more needles and blood in the sink.. imagine that!

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Starbucks has been in the news recently after two men that were loitering in their store refused to leave and got arrested.

As a result, Starbucks changed their bathroom policy to allow anyone to use the bathrooms even if they are not paying customers.

Apparently the result is bathrooms being used for drug activity.
Well duh..

"Employees Find Needles, Drug Baggies and Blood All Over the Walls After Starbucks Opens Its Bathrooms to Everyone"

www.thegatewaypundit.com... ne/

Surprise surprise surprise

Anyone with two brain cells knows why Starbucks (in urban areas) and most restaurants and places of business don't allow restroom use unless you are customer... Unfortunately, Starbucks got caught up in the progressive BS. They look like bigger fools.

We have open restrooms at a local park. You basically need a hazmat suit to use them because of all the heroin addicts and urban outdoorsmen using the for drugs, sex, and everything else...

We had a heroin addict bum OD in bathroom in the kid's section at our public library.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I forgot to mention my current home town has open splash pad for kids during the summer.

Homeless and undesirables(in context with a kids park) lounge in the area and bathe in the water fountains.

The women who take the kids during the day have to call police to clear them out, only to return an hour later.

What could go wrong?

Would funding more bathing fountains around town within walking distance of everything abate this, or would it just be used anyway by opportunistic addicts?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It happens everywhere, my mother runs a Walmart and they found a woman OD'd on the tar in a bathroom stall.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Along with the other 2 or 3 people who shouted they were just sitting around too without buying and nothing happened to them...
edit on 25-5-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Schultz was an idiot for cowtowing to the SJW crowd and braindead loudspeakers over this one. He should have given a raise the manager who booted the two trespassing loiterers out, told the handful of angry commentators "Are you seriously this dense? STFU and enjoy your latte," and gone about his business, catering to the paying customers who actually keep his business running.

Nothing good has ever come from a for-profit business deciding to operate like a charitable or public enterprise, NOTHING. Starbucks' place in the corporate food chain is ripe for the picking. I give them a year to either eliminate the new policy and return to common sense, buy something or GTFO, or start seeing serious stock devaluation and store closings as a combination of locally owned shops and the currently smaller chains step up to fill the need for safe, pleasant coffee shops where paying customers can feel confident they're getting the most for their money spent.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Along with the other 2 or 3 people who shouted they were just sitting around too without buying and nothing happened to them...

Mmmm.... it was a safer bet those not called on would potentially make purchases at some point during their stay or in the future.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's a terrible shame. I knew a place that had the same policy. People used the toilets for going to the toilet.

Bums...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They should be in the news because their coffee sucks arse.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Even if there is agreement that the manager over reacted to the two guys by calling the cops, it does not change the stupidity of Starbucks saying their restaurants are open places and anyone can use the restroom. Again, there is a reason most places of business generally don't allow access to restrooms to the public and it isn't because they are just being mean.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
They should be in the news because their coffee sucks arse.

That's an opinion, and for you it's valid BUT allow me to retort. Starbucks coffee, and their various drinks offered are consistant. That's ultimately why Starbucks has succeeded across such a wide swath of markets. An iced tea lemonade bought at a Starbucks in Panama, FL will taste exactly the same as one bought in Seattle, WA. Aside from coffee divas, while everybody fancies themselves a coffee guru and will instantly offer an opinion on the quality of any cup of joe, most people will drink whatever they just bought. The trick is familiarity breeds fondness. Even though that first Starbucks latte may taste a little burnt to you, you'll likely find yourself ordering the drink again from a different Starbucks sometime later and find it's identical to the first one, wash, rinse, repeat, after a few times of this you find yourself actually looking for a Starbucks latte because you're familiar with it... even though your first one wasn't exactly "the best coffee you ever had" it's dependable and always preditable taste-wise... unlike the neighborhood coffee shop where the baristas change like the wind and the shop doesn't have an actual training program or standardized recipes for the various drinks.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Progressivism doesn’t mesh well with reality.

This was inevitable.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

I'm sorry but I have to doubt that claim, but really it's irrelevant to this discussion, do you really not understand how it's not a good thing to add hazards to your employees and customer base?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Heroin, now there's a road to success... OD?, Cry me a river. Starbucks will regret it.
edit on 25-5-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I actually heard on Rush Limbaugh yesterday (guest commentator) that Starbucks had to walk this open bath policy back...seems they have egg...erm steamed milk on their face.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ok...at least the suck consistently. I'm 55, I've spent exactly $10 of my hard earned money at Star Bucks......in the form of a gift card......and was told by the person who received the gift card...........That Star Bucks sucked. I want coffee ....light & sweet, like I like my women.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Bathrooms all across the world are used by drug users, usually those who inject via a needle. This isn’t a Starbucks only problem. Some states are starting to support places for these serious drug users to take their drugs so they can be monitored and prevented from over dousing and possibly provide drug addiction help.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Bathrooms all across the world are used by drug users, usually those who inject via a needle. This isn’t a Starbucks only problem. Some states are starting to support places for these serious drug users to take their drugs so they can be monitored and prevented from over dousing and possibly provide drug addiction help.

i.e. "how can we waste finite money and resources on self correcting problems today?"

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Helping drug addiction? You think helping people get off these drugs is a waste of money and resources? Addiction is so strong many in the medical/science field akin it to diesease.

So much of our money is wasted on rubbish but this I’d support.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join