It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolf? Dog? Wolfdog?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
ultimatehomelife.com...

These have been around a while now and it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that breeders have managed to cross breed with other dogs to produce what the rancher shot.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Does anyone else see a huge difference
between the photos?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Whatever it is it matches the description of The Beast of Gevuadan pretty close. On my phone the fur looks reddish gray with black streaks, large muzzle, big ears and a thick bushy tail.The DNA tests would be interesting, but if they came back as dire wolf
I doubt we would find out. They will say wolf dog hybrid or deformed wolf as sure as sunrise.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I have taken it upon myself to write a piece of poetry in honor of this most noble beast:

Ahem...

There once was this long exitinct creature
She came back thinking no one could reach her
But The Man shook his head
"This can't be, they're all dead"
And she is, so it might be a feature

Thank you, thank you...
It's really too much, thank you...
edit on 25-5-2018 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

I sww Brotherhood of the Wolf, but I confess I had to look up the "Beast of Gevaudan". Interesting.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Not really. The face photo looks like it has lighter colouring, but the dark/light patterns match exactly the larger photo, so I'm guessing it's a lighting/exposure difference.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
I have taken it upon myself to write a piece of poetry in honor of this most noble beast:

Ahem...

There once was this long exitinct creature
She came back thinking no one could reach her
But The Man shook his head
"This can't be, they're all dead"
And she is, so it might be a feature

Thank you, thank you...
It's really too much, thank you...

This is one of those posts that will never have enough stars. Kudos!

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Google shunka warakin. Picture almost looks exactly like,this. Plus, the stuffed one is in Ennis , Montana.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrapscalllion

Well, that's interesting... Also led me to the Chasmaporthetes which I had also never heard of.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You are all wrong-it's manbearpig.

I don't know about you guys, but in my eyes it looks like a malnourished bear. However I did notice the incisors are unusually large, and the lack of molars suggests this is a carnivorous critter.

I dunno...we all know that animals long thought extinct still roam the Earth or swim in the sea, but since I can't phone a friend in this cryptid quiz show i'll have to go with my original answer.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I thought bear cub at first glance, too. But look at the paws. No way that's a bear. And the face looks too canid, even if it was an extremely lean bear.

ETA: Critter claw

Has four toes and a dew claw.

Bears walk on their feet. Dogs walk on their toes. This thing walks on it's toes (heel never touches the ground) and has a dew claw from the foot/heel. Can't be a bear.

Again, it was my first thought, too.
edit on 25-5-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have a wolf dog and what comes to mind is that when he was a pup, his head seemed too large for his body.
I would guess this animal is a young (look at his very white teeth) Wolf dog hybrid.
An older animal's teeth do not look so white.
He resembles a Yukon Wolf...

Just my .02

Here's my boy...

He is a Siberian Husky/Arctic Wolf hybrid

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Elostone

Wow. That's one beautiful face.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Looks like a Mcenzie wolf to me.

searchprivacy.co...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've googled the heck out of this and only find the pics posted here.

Is there some reason they don't post a full picture so we can see then entire thing?

Or if they have, can someone direct me to it?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Coydogs/Coywolves are not common but they happen.

A friend's Coydog once led me out when I was lost while hunting. It was the result of a cattle dog and coyote hooking up.

Dog/Wolf hybrids are notoriously dangerous and go from a lovable mutt to trying to tear their owner's throats out without notice.

Some info on this in Alaska.

They may seem tame, but they never will be.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Very werewolfy. It honestly looks a ton like the Werewolf from Silver Bullet! I highly doubt it's an uncharted thing.. most likely a wolf + domestic canine hybrid. It is quite large though. Very interesting.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

That was my first thought as well... at least with "Hogzilla" they showed the entire thing with like 6 people standing behind it. I'd take a million photos of this thing.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

That was going to be my question to Elostone. What personality traits does it exhibit regarding aggression, or even just stubborness, etc

Not a risk I'd expose my family to, I think.

But he's a beautiful dog. Or wolfdog. Whatever.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Having one around children would be very risky. That's why some states don't allow it at all, because there is a history of them turning on their owners, family or innocent passers-by.

A Wolf will kill its own offspring or mate if food becomes scarce enough. They are not domesticated by any means.

Fortunately, I don't think there are that many out there and many are a case where someone lied along the way and said my dog is part wolf.

A wolf or a wolf hybrid gets loose, they will not only start killing other peoples pets, they will form packs. I've seen one pack take out a small flock of sheep in one night. The farmer shot it of course and a couple of the dogs that had joined in the pack. The poor guy lost his livelihood because of others incompetence in controlling their animals. When it happens in a rural area, you either kill them or have someone else do it. Once they form a pack, the dog will not stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join