It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German News report say that Trump cancelled the meeting with Kim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh so now that the deal got blown he is a brutal communist dictator but a minute ago he was at the table with Trump as a benevolent leader looking for peace.
edit on 24-5-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Oh so now that the deal got blown he is a brutal communist dictator but a minute ago he was at the table with Trump as a benevolent leader looking for peace.

Riiiight. Sorry, but no, Kim has always been a dictator, just like his father and grandfather.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Might you try once in a while not to be so hateful towards those who disagree with your thinking?

Disagreement is not "hateful".

It's disagreement.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If the US wasn't going to get what it wanted at the negotiation table, it was right and proper to step away, while saying something the effect of "Call us when you're ready to really talk.", then walk away.

When, or if, Un is ready to really have productive chats, the US will, in all likelihood, return to the table.

This, in no way, precludes the two Koreas from having a sit down.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well at least you stick to your guns and think he's a scumbag either way unlike faux news and the Republicans that we're ready to puke when Obama wanted to negotiate with him but when trump wanted to make peace they were all gung ho about it. I personally am all for trying to make peace and at the very least ease tensions with foreign governments no matter how whacky they may be.
edit on 24-5-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Well at least you stick to your guns and think he's a scumbag either way unlike faux news and the Republicans that we're ready to puke when Obama wanted to negotiate with him but when trump wanted to make peace they were all gung ho about it. I personally am all for trying to make peace and at the very least ease tensions with foreign governments no matter how whacky they may be.

No one called Kim benelovant but his sycophants. Everyone, including Fox and Republicans, know he is not benelovant. I’m just curious where you got this idea.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: interupt42

everything trump does is a knee jerk reaction, he's not capable of seeing ahead.

I don't necessary disagree with that view.

However we may be wrong and he either has good people working for him or is one lucky SOB , as he beat Hillary despite the system being rigged for her and IMO its too early dismiss him.
Will soon find out. Note I didn't vote for either Hillary or Trump.

However, you didn't answer the question

Did you give him the credit when it looked like NK and SK were going to make peace and the NK prisoners were released?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
18 republicans signed a letter to "respectfully nominate President Donald J. Trump to receive the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize in recognition of his work to end ... the Korean War, denuclearize the Korean peninsula, and bring peace to the region."

lol

here's the list -
Reps. Mark Meadows of North Carolina; Luke Messer of Indiana; Ralph Norman of South Carolina; Michael Burgess of Texas; Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee; Kevin Cramer of North Dakota; Aumua Amata Coleman Radewagen of the American Samoa; Matt Gaetz of Florida; Doug La Malfa of California; David McKinley of West Virginia; Brian Babin of Texas; Diane Black of Tennessee; Steve King of Iowa; Pete Olson of Texas; Evan Jenkins of West Virginia; and Drew Ferguson of Georgia.

it's funny.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

no, and I knew it wouldn't happen, as well. like I said knee-jerk reaction and a desperation for good optics. didn't this all go down shortly after cohen got raided. lol

but, isn't it great trump called him excellent and honorable?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

The art of the deal well if anyone knows about deals it's trump, bankrupt 4 times, divorced twice, then there is that China business deal he has going for him, why didn't he help his son in law get a better deal on that building he is billions of dollars in debt with.

Thank you! That was my point entirely!

People who obviously can't understand that a 'deal' is supposed to benefit both parties in some way (aka a "good deal") are rabidly proclaiming exactly how terrible it is that Trump doesn't just give away the whole country because some two-bit third-world wanna-be leader asks him to.

Through all of those 'bad deals' you mention, Trump became a billionaire. Now, he is using the same tactics for the country. Oh, pray he doesn't succeed, or we will all experience the horrors of being wealthy like Trump!

This is actually funny as heck watching people try to hate Trump in spite of themselves....

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Pence had warned in a Fox News interview on Monday that Pyongyang could follow the “Libya model” if leader Kim Jong Un “doesn’t make a deal” ― a reference to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, who met a brutal end following his decision to denuclearize after negotiations with the U.S.

They caught me watching the WWF shows when I was about seven. It is kind of stupid and predictable but people still like to vicariously watch their favorite hero put the villain down.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

bless your heart - i wasn't screaming nobel peace prize and i sure as hell i wasn't calling kim excellent and honorable.

Bless your own heart... mine is quite fine, thank you very much.

"Hoopla" and "desperation" are not limited to the specific topics you listed. Those words are just as adequate to describe desperate attempts to try and spin legitimate business tactics as grievous errors.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The idea that these wonderful awards are not "prestigious", is part of what's now wrong with the country. It's an indication of not valuing ideals and efforts that are among the most important elements in the world.

To do something huge, something important that helps the globe should be recognized in positive ways such as these awards. And just because you can't personally see that, doesn't mean that other's don't. I would like to see even more of this kind of global recognition, in hopes it might motivate others to contribute more to the world politic, and circumstances.

Anyone who does good deeds for such a meaningless round of pomp and circumstance is living a pipe dream. No fancy trophy is required in order to 'do something important.' Indeed, setting a goal to win a meaningless trophy is not a goal at all, because it is not personal... no one can decide whether or not they receive those 'honors' because they are no longer given for outstanding progress, but for outstanding politics.

I'd rather see the faces of people who need help that I have given hope to. You can have your fancy trophy and fancy celebrations of those who don't need any help.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Oh, pray he doesn't succeed, or we will all experience the horrors of being wealthy like Trump!

Good grief, is this really one of the 'pillars', or a core belief amongst Trump supporters ?
Astounding

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

No one called Kim benelovant but his sycophants. Everyone, including Fox and Republicans, know he is not benelovant. I’m just curious where you got this idea.

He got it from CNN.

Everything must now be couched in black-or-white terms. Makes Trump look bad = awesomely good! Make Trump look good: incarnate evil!

So as long as Rocket Kim is talking about going to a peace talk, the story will reflect how he is such a brutal dictator bent on world dominance who is going to use the talks to destroy everything that is good and pure about humanity, making Trump look bad, and Fox must be calling him a saint by comparison... but when Trump backs off due to threats that would have diminished his ability to make the talks fruitful, the little dictator is suddenly a master negotiator, to make Trump look bad again, and Fox is calling him ruthless by comparison.

I need to make a web site that translates liberal-speak into English... it's not all that hard.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

No, not a pillar. Just an expectation that sound fiscal/international/social policy will benefit people.

Crazy isn't it?

But you need to spin what I said. I understand. Carry on!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

trump is not a billionaire. do you believe everything john barron says? lolol

www.washingtonpost.com... 569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.31765e99e037

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

We're unable to locate the page you requested.

Oopsy...

That's OK, you don't need proof. You gots fantasy!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

What will happen once your expectations aren't being met ?
What's your minimal threshold?

On your own "expectation from Trump" scale of life

Becoming as rich as The Donald ?
That must be a high ender thresh-hold ..

What's one or two notches underneath ?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Hahahaha, I swear, it's almost like you can't understand my posts.

TheRedneck

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join