It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German News report say that Trump cancelled the meeting with Kim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well, more like taking things to a positive end. You know, nothing comes easy just because

I’m not sure giving a brutal dictator everything he wants is a positive end.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I can see your point but I would make the deal with Trump, because he’s unpredictable and war could be a smokescreen for domestic issues

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Aww, maybe you guys can still buy the commemorative coin, and pretend he gets the Nobel Peace prize.

There, there now. It's okay.

And there's the difference.

Leftists would take a bad deal (like Iran) at the detriment to America while Trump would walk away from a bad deal and work towards something that might benefit America.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I don't think that is what I said and what I mean

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Good grief.

Are there really this many people this clueless?

This is standard negotiation. You walk away from the table when you have the power, and you are not getting what you deserve. This is the proper action. You cannot let Kim and his regime start insulting us when in reality nothing has changed for him, he still holds the losing hand.

Walking away in a large negotiation is normal - and good negotiators do it all the time - it's what makes them good negotiators.

Mark my words, Kim will come crawling back asking for the meeting again and apologizing - it may not happen immediately, but it will happen.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
apnews.com...

It's real. Typical Trump, big talk no results. Back to name calling and dick wagging.

Call Weiner so He can get some 'dick pics' so We can have both parties extend a hand or two across the aisle...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I don't think that is what I said and what I mean

I don’t think I said you said that. I’m saying that Trump’s decision is the positive outcome in this instance.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here is the full statement From North Korea, that caused Trump to cancel summit:
www.straitstimes.com...

"Below is the full report carried by the North's official Korean Central News Agency. "

"At an interview with Fox News on May 21, US Vice-President Pence made unbridled and impudent remarks that North Korea might end like Libya, military option for North Korea never came off the table, the US needs complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation, and so on.

As a person involved in the US affairs, I cannot suppress my surprise at such ignorant and stupid remarks gushing out from the mouth of the US vice-president.

If he is vice-president of "single superpower" as is in name, it will be proper for him to know even a little bit about the current state of global affairs and to sense to a certain degree the trends in dialogue and the climate of détente.

We could surmise more than enough what a political dummy he is as he is trying to compare the DPRK, a nuclear weapon state, to Libya that had simply installed a few items of equipment and fiddled around with them.

Soon after the White House National Security Adviser Bolton made the reckless remarks, Vice-President Pence has again spat out nonsense that the DPRK would follow in Libya's footstep.

It is to be underlined, however, that in order not to follow in Libya's footstep, we paid a heavy price to build up our powerful and reliable strength that can defend ourselves and safeguard peace and security in the Korean peninsula and the region.

In view of the remarks of the US high-ranking politicians who have not yet woken up to this stark reality and compare the DPRK to Libya that met a tragic fate, I come to think that they know too little about us.

To borrow their words, we can also make the US taste an appalling tragedy it has neither experienced nor even imagined up to now.

Before making such reckless threatening remarks without knowing exactly who he is facing, Pence should have seriously considered the terrible consequences of his words.

It is the US who has asked for dialogue, but now it is misleading the public opinion as if we have invited them to sit with us.

I only wonder what is the ulterior motive behind its move and what is it the US has calculated to gain from that.

We will neither beg the US for dialogue nor take the trouble to persuade them if they do not want to sit together with us.

Whether the US will meet us at a meeting room or encounter us at nuclear-to-nuclear showdown is entirely dependent upon the decision and behavior of the United States.

In case the US offends against our goodwill and clings to unlawful and outrageous acts, I will put forward a suggestion to our supreme leadership for reconsidering the DPRK-US summit."
edit on 24-5-2018 by Onlyyouknow because: Add to

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Hahaha. Okay. We will see in the end. I'm just having a hard time to see where this is going in a positive way. By definition, first of all we would have to determine what would be positive

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Hahaha. Okay. We will see in the end. I'm just having a hard time to see where this is going in a positive way. By definition, first of all we would have to determine what would be positive

In a negotiation where you have all the cards, you cannot let it continue on the opponent’s terms. To let it continue would make the US government look like a dictator-appeasing dupe.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
Good grief.

Are there really this many people this clueless?

This is standard negotiation. You walk away from the table when you have the power, and you are not getting what you deserve. This is the proper action. You cannot let Kim and his regime start insulting us when in reality nothing has changed for him, he still holds the losing hand.

Walking away in a large negotiation is normal - and good negotiators do it all the time - it's what makes them good negotiators.

Mark my words, Kim will come crawling back asking for the meeting again and apologizing - it may not happen immediately, but it will happen.

I agree, the sanctions that brought him to the negotiating table are still in effect. I give it a month before we here about them wanting to set up another meeting.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Fear not Americans any move or blunder said by trump however boneheaded it might be is a part of his "art of the deal" "4d chess" game plan that he has to establish world dominance and get the Thanos glove with all the gems on it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: DBCowboy

he took the credit, though, so he should damn well take the failure.

Did you give him the credit?
is this over or too early to determine if its a failure?
edit on 04531America/ChicagoThu, 24 May 2018 10:04:16 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Fear not Americans any move or blunder said by trump however boneheaded it might be is a part of his "art of the deal" "4d chess" game plan that he has to establish world dominance and get the Thanos glove with all the gems on it.

Don’t worry, because you are tacitly defending Kim Jung Un, a brutal communist dictator.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Hey, whatever you want to call it... just remember you can't borrow my notes later on.

As for the rumors about a Nobel Peace Prize... I don't know about Trump, but I wouldn't waste the time it would take to attend the ceremony to get one. They're about as "prestigious" in my opinion as an Oscar Award... just a way to pat yourself on the back without breaking your arm.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

everything trump does is a knee jerk reaction, he's not capable of seeing ahead.

hopefully, negotiations move forward with a strategy, without all the hoopla and desperation.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

hopefully, negotiations move forward with a strategy, without all the hoopla and desperation.

I agree completely!

Does this mean you're giving up on your hoopla and desperation?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

bless your heart - i wasn't screaming nobel peace prize and i sure as hell i wasn't calling kim excellent and honorable.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Hey, whatever you want to call it... just remember you can't borrow my notes later on.

As for the rumors about a Nobel Peace Prize... I don't know about Trump, but I wouldn't waste the time it would take to attend the ceremony to get one. They're about as "prestigious" in my opinion as an Oscar Award... just a way to pat yourself on the back without breaking your arm.

TheRedneck

The idea that these wonderful awards are not "prestigious", is part of what's now wrong with the country. It's an indication of not valuing ideals and efforts that are among the most important elements in the world.

To do something huge, something important that helps the globe should be recognized in positive ways such as these awards. And just because you can't personally see that, doesn't mean that other's don't. I would like to see even more of this kind of global recognition, in hopes it might motivate others to contribute more to the world politic, and circumstances.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: angeldoll
Aww, maybe you guys can still buy the commemorative coin, and pretend he gets the Nobel Peace prize.

There, there now. It's okay.

And there's the difference.

Leftists would take a bad deal (like Iran) at the detriment to America while Trump would walk away from a bad deal and work towards something that might benefit America.

My comment expresses no opinion whatsoever as to whether the meeting should have been cancelled, and I don't really need anyone else to express my thoughts for me.

Might you try once in a while not to be so hateful towards those who disagree with your thinking?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join