It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaning Tower of Pisa will fall.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just a random prediction.

I just had a thought and wanted to share. I think the Tower of Pisa will crack, then fall.

In 1990 the tower had reached a tilt of 5.5 degrees. A restoration effort reduced the tilt to 3.97 degrees.

Its supposed to stand for 200 more years according to experts. They also said it would fall at 5.3 degrees and were amazed to be wrong.

I say its going to topple over soon after a sudden crack following seismic activity.

What do I get if I am right?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'll come back and give you a star.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You will get ATS Noteriety!

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling

Your name

Everything falls, eventually, right?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I just had a thought and wanted to share. I think the Tower of Pisa will crack, then fall.

In 1990 the tower had reached a tilt of 5.5 degrees. A restoration effort reduced the tilt to 3.97 degrees.

Its supposed to stand for 200 more years according to experts. They also said it would fall at 5.3 degrees and were amazed to be wrong.

I say its going to topple over soon after a sudden crack following seismic activity.

If you are right you get to say "tada!"

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

You get back the bond money you posted to make predictions on ATS.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Not a chance.
Here's an interesting story about how they have corrected a good amount of the lean and restored the tower towards vertical.

science.howstuffworks.com...

From the article

In spite of these potential problems, engineers expect the famous structure will remain stable for at least another 200 years

Was that the kiss of death?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I give it six months now. Twelve tops.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have foreseen it. It will begin to fall due to seismic activities. But in the last moment an alien spaceship
Led by John McCain will swoop in and levitate it back to 1.69 degrees where it will remain for all eternity.

This will usher in and era of full disclosure, world peace, and a blossoming industry in stone carving to create John McCain statues.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Does anyone get hurt or killed when it falls?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It’s a cool place, the complex.

It really leans, lol.

Hope it doesn’t fall.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
OK anything is possible and it can fall, a perfectly straight tower can also fall.

Here is my point though, your prediction increases in it's possible accuracy if you take into account ALL leaning towers in the world, leave out those built to look like leaning towers and just take into account old buildings and you also have the fact that subsidence, shoddy building and bad foundations are to blame for the majority of these structural failures.

Here is a Wicki page listing KNOWN leaning towers but remember there are most likely thousands more than are listed and in most country's once a structure starts to lean it becomes declared unsafe and is so most often soon after demolished.
en.wikipedia.org...

I personally don't think the leaning tower of Pisa is going to fall over anytime soon, it is too important to the local economy and most likely has much stronger hidden metal reinforcement rod's than they will ever let on which of course make it more stable than most of the homes of the people reading this.

By the way a dream can mean something else entirely, the tower imagery can be metaphorical and it CAN be a form of precognition about something else entirely.
edit on 21-5-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Well, if the tower falls we can expect a "controlled demolition" conspiracy theory.

To topic. There are a few "leaning towers", although Pisa is the most photogenic.

Leaning Tower of Nevyansk
Leaning Tower of Suurhusen

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I have a black and white snapshot of my parents in front of it myself. Lol.
Mom touring italy...in high heels.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I support your guesswork... but something caused you to think about the leaning-tower.... perhaps EQs & Lava bombs in Hawaii, the general seismic activity worldwide that seems destined to keep ratcheting upward during this Solar-Minimum period of time.

the economic cycle of the 7 year Bear Market is also upon us now as the previous 7 year Bull cycle just ended in 2018

perhaps the Tourists just stop visiting Pisa, would that be equal to the "crack then fall" future you think will occur ?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
I dont know. I hope not though I imagine that it cant be safe.

a reply to: St Udio

www.antipodr.com...

Finds the other side of the world to addresses.

Northern Italy is on the other side of the world from the South Pacific ocean off New Zealand's east cost.

What if our planets insides bounced around like a brain hitting its skull wall? Fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field may cause the inner core, or large free floating masses between the core and the upper mantle, to fall out of their standard placement. Or it may be an effect of such. I think they correlate with one another.

They move, pressure changes as pieces cool down slightly and lose bits of mass....then that bounces around uptop until it settles back down.

I may be wrong. I just thought that maybe the "ball bearing" core that Earth has came loose and bounced off the wall for a moment or something. Maybe it just got closer to the surface ever so slightly and changed temperature, which changed the planets magnetic field.

Or will. This is all guesswork. lol

edit on 5 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join