It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spikes in chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis take STDs to record highs in California

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: cancerslug
i would think that the rise of STDs is from apps like Tender. so many booty call apps for the smart phones that it was only a matter of time before there was an increase.

Then why relate it to homeless? I don't think Tinder, or any other dating/hookup app is really homeless friendly.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'd even say we could see exactly where it came from should we have the ability to see the ethnic breakdown and follow the trail of cases by date of diagnosis.

Ugh. Damn. You're out of arrows because the article mentions nothing of the sort and you're simply perpetuating a myth. Do people of lesser resources have a higher incidence (you'll notice -- if you have any acumen -- it's not the same as prevalence) of health problems of any ilk? The answer is obvious (unless you need me to log on in a few days and provide you with the WHO stats)...BUT, it's about ethnicity. Ouch.

You seem to be a fairly bright guy -- I earnestly mean that (swear on the Redskins' Super Bowl chances [yes, it's a bit of a controversial representative and maybe even, 'racist', term, but it's nowhere near what true 'racism' is*]) -- but you're transparent as hell with this 'take'. That's weak, bro. C'mon, man. You can do better.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
you would be surprised. most homeless have phones, and there is an app for just about every thing. when jerry brown let out all those criminals, a lot of them became homeless and thats one of the reasons the homeless population jumped up.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Do you live here? Because where I am the weed and wine are fine. I live this crazy f’d up state.

Anyway. Learned my lesson long ago. Just be honest with yourself (everyone, not just you NB) and those you get it on with. It ain’t a perfect world, and neither is California. Just wear one and try not to go for lowest common denominator at the bar....

I tell you one thing, Beach Boys has it right when it came to our female population.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Let that sink in a few moments...

How many "coke and rum"s should we have before we let anything sink in? Just asking.

Was hoping the resident apologists would show up on the defense

For your drunkenness or ignorance? I can't apologize for either of those, but I can surely point to them -- the beauty of ATS.

Please detail my ignorance.

Lol, wut?

Dude, you've done a bang-up job of that yourself; again, the beauty of ATS, I don't have to because you've done so self-admittedly.

Are we on PDT? It helps to gauge your level of inebriation. I need facts, the crux of "Deny Ignorance". Drink up...the morning will, well, I don't know, maybe be better? Less confused?? More confused??? Nothing wrong with 'sippin on grandpa's cough medicine'...something wrong with making "I don't want your company, I drank profusely alone" (paraphrased, but your words, WITHOUT A DOUBT [beauty of ATS]) threads? I can't say, but I can point to facts.

Come at, bro.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I'd even say we could see exactly where it came from should we have the ability to see the ethnic breakdown and follow the trail of cases by date of diagnosis.

Ugh. Damn. You're out of arrows because the article mentions nothing of the sort and you're simply perpetuating a myth. Do people of lesser resources have a higher incidence (you'll notice -- if you have any acumen -- it's not the same as prevalence) of health problems of any ilk? The answer is obvious (unless you need me to log on in a few days and provide you with the WHO stats)...BUT, it's about ethnicity. Ouch.

You seem to be a fairly bright guy -- I earnestly mean that (swear on the Redskins' Super Bowl chances [yes, it's a bit of a controversial representative and maybe even, 'racist', term, but it's nowhere near what true 'racism' is*]) -- but you're transparent as hell with this 'take'. That's weak, bro. C'mon, man. You can do better.

So you don't think the WHO and CDC follow or have stats any STD's by ethnicity and geography charted out? That is naive at best.

And yes...people of lesser resources DO show a higher incidence as there are a larger number of people with lesser resources in the world. Prevalence would be more geared toward the ethnic background of incidence...which is what I am wondering about.

So...in your opinion....why did CA suddenly have a 45% increase in these STD's? Is there a reason outside of the mass introduction of other cultures you can think of?

Keep in mind that very similar scenarios have taken place many times in history with the introduction of a new culture or population.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
I think it's funny there is a sociopath in the WH..and the biggest issue you think exists is people getting it on.

..Funny country.

I think it is funny how the OP is talking about a rampant STD problem in CA and the first post is about Trump...Triggered much?

(post by SR1TX removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I bet the same headline: Spikes in chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis take STDs to record highs in Sodom and Gomorrah before it fell into the ocean, er.... was hit with burning missiles .......uh whatever...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I bet the same headline: Spikes in chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis take STDs to record highs in Sodom and Gomorrah before it fell into the ocean, er.... was hit with burning missiles .......uh whatever...

Any evidence of this taking place in reality or just fantasy literature?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Let that sink in a few moments...

How many "coke and rum"s should we have before we let anything sink in? Just asking.

Was hoping the resident apologists would show up on the defense

For your drunkenness or ignorance? I can't apologize for either of those, but I can surely point to them -- the beauty of ATS.

Please detail my ignorance.

Lol, wut?

Dude, you've done a bang-up job of that yourself; again, the beauty of ATS, I don't have to because you've done so self-admittedly.

Are we on PDT? It helps to gauge your level of inebriation. I need facts, the crux of "Deny Ignorance". Drink up...the morning will, well, I don't know, maybe be better? Less confused?? More confused??? Nothing wrong with 'sippin on grandpa's cough medicine'...something wrong with making "I don't want your company, I drank profusely alone" (paraphrased, but your words, WITHOUT A DOUBT [beauty of ATS]) threads? I can't say, but I can point to facts.

Come at, bro.

Here's some facts bro.

The CDC definitely tracks by ethnicity. The program is called REACH. Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health. From the CDC website:

Every person deserves the chance to be healthy, but in the United States, some racial and ethnic groups have worse health than others. These health disparities do not have a single cause, but many complex and connected causes, including the following:

Social determinants, such as poverty, lack of education, racism, and discrimination.
Environment and community conditions, such as lack of resources that support physical activity or healthy eating options. Behaviors, such as poor diet, tobacco use, and physical inactivity.
Health care access, such as less availability and lower quality of medical services.

CDC REACH Program

Furthermore, the CDC has confirmed that:

Surveillance data show higher rates of reported STDs among some racial or ethnic minority groups when compared with rates among Whites.1,2 Race and Hispanic ethnicity in the United States are population characteristics that are correlated with other fundamental determinants of health status such as high rates of poverty, income inequality, unemployment and low educational attainment.3-5 Those who cannot afford basic necessities may have trouble accessing and affording quality sexual health services.

STDs in Racial and Ethnic Minorities

So it does appear as if immigration and poverty play a role in STDs.

See how I can use Google and words instead of saying "Come at me brah" like some kind of keyboard warrior?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Kalifornistan will soon be at third world status. The shanty towns of the homeless are a disgrace, so are the sanctuary cities, the illegals, the crime. If you are living in a cardboard box, there is no health care.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

The highest STD rate is the south,always has been looks like another liberal failed to check facts,something that never matters,funny being from Calif we have to listen to idiots tell us lies,from government to some country hicks ,who live in welfare states

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I’m sorry but is there an issue with tracking Diseases along racial and geographical data? Isn’t that one of the most common ways to figure out the source of an outbreak? Wouldn’t you want to know if your race has a high risk of exposure from said diseases?

link   
I’m sorry but is there an issue with tracking Diseases along racial and geographical data? Isn’t that one of the most common ways to figure out the source of an outbreak? Wouldn’t you want to know if your race has a high risk of exposure from said diseases?

link   

link   

link   

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Uhmmm ok multipost, not sure why that happened, my bad

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join