It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another self-victimizing liar puts Police Officers at risk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

This man's life, and by extension, that of his family, could have been destroyed by this little stunt! And all he was doing was trying to enforce law and maintain order for his community. Come on where's the outrage??

Got to tell you, the entire system "systematically" tries to destroy people with it's laws, using tax payers money.
The whole thing is set up to create criminals.
Criminal records on ridiculous laws remove them from employment for life. To the point you can't afford a family.

Whether a cop understands they are playing a part in this is kinda moot. They are.
They are doing good at times, and on the front line of wrecking the country at the same time enforcing bad laws.

It is too bad that there is obvious reasons to have laws, but they have been used as an excuse to create endless laws for profits and revolving prisoners.

You will have to excuse me if this cops REPUTATION might be in danger, doesn't really matter to me.

He is too cocky to be a cop, she needs to get off youtube and learn the laws of the road.

Sorry, but it's a matter of time before this cop starts assaulting people, his ego is challenged by stupid people.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

All I know is that the image of British police that I have in my head stems from "Hot Fuzz"

Lol to be fair it is a bit like that in my area but we have some of the best cops in the nation (education/training/service record) because every cop in a #hole city wants to transfer somewhere nice, like here. Competition for transfer opportunities here is fierce so we get the best cops as our constabulary can pick and choose the many applicants.
The 'Hot Fuzz' element here is massive under-resourcing so there really are few cops around these days so you only ever see one if you call them.
I'd call a mate before dialing 999, I'd get a faster response.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

She failed to know the process of a traffic ticket, he failed to explain it.

It's not taught in school, or drivers ed, or the dot.

Everyone is just supposed to know the process.

It should be on the first exam of any civics course actually.

They need to teach people how to deal with police and other government agencies along with all the usual curricula...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

All I know is that the image of British police that I have in my head stems from "Hot Fuzz"

I couldn't edit my post above, too late, but cops are well cool here.
A good trusted mate was in a house of a big time dealer being raided one time, even armed response, which is rare because there are only ever a couple of armed response vehicles driving around at any given time in this, the largest geographical police constabulary in England. Whatever, I digress, the cops only wanted the main dealer, so they let the guys with personal possession go free with their stash.
Like I said, cops are the best here, well the odd prick, but you'll get one or two in any organisation.
I like that ours only have lame extendable batons...which is why I'd phone a mate first because my mates have bigger sticks than cops here.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

That's a really good idea, I did it myself though teaching my son how to bull# and deal with 'authority'.
It's a game in my mind, just dealing with the hardest gang in town. If society collapsed I am friends with quite the criminals so I'll be okay, but if it was a military junta I'd quickly just smile and pretend my two minute hate for the camera in 1984 style.
I'd rebel and attempt to recruit wherever I felt safe to do so.
I look at police as bouncers in the life nightclub, annoying sometimes but necessary.

EDIT
Like a referee on a rugby pitch, it would just be 30 blokes fighting without them! Cops are just like ref's here.
edit on 14-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

What gets me is she just got pulled over and given a ticket, then she immediately starts doing a face time video while driving (BREAKING THE LAW AGAIN).

She simply is someone who only gives a sh!t about herself and no one else. It's obvious.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Believe it or not, MOST cops here in America acts just like you described.

In my misspent youth, I got caught with the ol' Devil's Lettuce more than I care to admit, and I never once was arrested for it. I even got pulled over under-age with alcohol on my breath and didn't get arrested (I wasn't drunk, but they knew that I had been drinking underage).

I threw more than the occasional "kegger" when my parents were out of town, and often that ended up with cops called and no one getting in trouble, just the party broken up.

Luckily, it was the one night that I chose not to go to my acquaintance's house (he wasn't really a friend) who sold a certain white powdery substance, and that happened to be the night that his home was raided by police. He was the only one arrested and everyone else was allowed to leave.

American cops aren't as heavy-handed as some would have the world to believe, but there are the occasional douchebags with a badge. But hell, that's part of living in society--no profession is immune.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

American cops aren't as heavy-handed as some would have the world to believe, but there are the occasional douchebags with a badge. But hell, that's part of living in society--no profession is immune.
Agreed

I guess the main difference is a Brit cop in my parts usually only has a lame stick so has to be friendly.
I'm glad this vid was posted though, another one showing the # they have to put up with.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A driver needs to understand the the concept of receiving a ticket. It's the same process that has been in place forever.

She a whining victim. How about stop with the phone use and watch for traffic signs. I'm betting she spent a lot of the trip on the phone.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Believe it or not, MOST cops here in America acts just like you described.

In my misspent youth, I got caught with the ol' Devil's Lettuce more than I care to admit, and I never once was arrested for it. I even got pulled over under-age with alcohol on my breath and didn't get arrested (I wasn't drunk, but they knew that I had been drinking underage).

I threw more than the occasional "kegger" when my parents were out of town, and often that ended up with cops called and no one getting in trouble, just the party broken up.

Luckily, it was the one night that I chose not to go to my acquaintance's house (he wasn't really a friend) who sold a certain white powdery substance, and that happened to be the night that his home was raided by police. He was the only one arrested and everyone else was allowed to leave.

I've been let off more than my share of times...

I recall in my youth participating in Freaknik (legendary black college party in Atlanta in early 90s... google the debauchery). Anyway, I was designated driver while my buddies were drinking. Cops set up road blocks all over Atlanta and sure enough we got pulled over, open 40s and weed wafting all over the place. The cops knew the other guys were drinking and I hadn't been. He just told them to pour out the 40oz....

Anyway, one idiot in the car decides he wants to debate the finer points of the law and whether or not you can have an open container in the car. the other guys in the car are like WTF? Just STFU so we can go! I could see the cop starting to lose it... I looked at him with pleading eyes and fortunately, he let us go as they could have easily thrown us in the clink for the weekend.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Oh cut the "system is designed to make people criminal" BS

I admit a lot of laws can be viewed as BS, but that's just someone (be you , me or the man in the moon) OPINION.

the side of the road is NOT the place to argue that fact and think you will win...we have something called "the courts" for such a situation.

If that isn't good enough you can petition your representatives to CHANGE THE LAWS.

Now on this case the officer he was professional.
He was up front, blunt and to the point .

the reality is this officer has a large area he is responsible for along with a lot of other people he is there to serve and protect. While he is dealing with this clearly self centered racist he is not available to help others or continue his patrol to enforce the law.

so he has limited time to deal with her. In reality he doesn't have time to coddle and keep repeating multiple ways this woman on a very simple LAW.

Which is YOU SIGN THE TICKET THAT SAYS YOU WILL SHOW UP FOR COURT OR PAY THE FINE....OR IF YOU DONT SIGN YOU WILL BE PULLED OUT OF THE CAR , ARRESTED AND TAKEN BEFORE A MAGISTRATE (JUDGE).

He even before this when he first explained what signing ment also stated "it is not an admission of guilt".

sorry if he didn't have the time to spend longer repeating this basic facts until she was willing to accept it.

simple direct putting of the state of va law. PERIOD.

Let me guess why you keep on this anti cop rant when the situation CLEARLY PRESENTED BY BODY CAMERA showed that her whole comment on the event is BS/LIE.

you have been arrested by cops and feel that you were "wronged by the man or wronged by the system or both".
you also have an "unjust" rap sheet right?

Scrounger

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

The record system ensures you can't get a job. It's why recidivism rates are the highest in the world here.

You can write a butt-hurt 10 page response if you want.

It doesn't change the fact that the cop was unprofessional.

If your too good to explain the situation without threats and cocky retorts like "I knew you would sign it!", you shouldn't be a cop.

What does this story have to do with me?
Let me guess, you are a cop or wannabe cop and take it personally?

Lame dude, you better get those emotions under control before you end up like this guy on video for the whole world to see being abusive to women.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Wow she's really going for the trophy on reaching.

I love that. I don't understand how people who make the claims she has manage to be taken seriously. "White friends, do you feel this way getting pulled over, like you might not come home? No, you don't." (Not exact quote.) LOL I'm not her friend, but I am pretty pale and I will admit, YES. I do feel that way, every time I go anywhere and especially if there's any sort of variation in my plans. It's not because of ~racism~, though, it's because I have a brain that is always telling me there's danger everywhere and I know that. Has she given thought to the idea that she might have an unmanaged anxiety disorder?

The officer was actually very pleasant. I'd probably thank him for being so polite and even upbeat. I've had worse experiences with mall security who like to make things up with no evidence to kick paying customers out of the mall (because there isn't any).

I hope she and others learn that false victim whining may have consequences.
edit on 5/15/2018 by ChaoticOuroboros because: Added punctuation because my boyfriend distracted me so I had to press send before checking it over.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yes, I too have been caught with passengers with open containers (and they were under 18, too), and I was let off.

Actually, the officer ended up talking to me about my car instead of arresting us--I drove a pretty nice '66 Mustang in high school, but that played for and against me (I had to destroy an 'inhalation device which uses water' because I was pulled over for a taillight that was out...right after hotboxing the vehicle with my friend...talk about a smell wafting all over the place).

In every instance, though, I'm humble and respectful to the officers, and they knew that I understood that I F-ed up and that I knew that they were just doing their job. I had a few friends in HS who didn't act that way, and their interactions with police tended to go much differently.

Attitude is everything, IMO.

So, are you in that video?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Attitude makes a massive difference, and with all forms of human interaction, be it 'authority' or general public.
My smile and friendly BS has saved my arse loads of times, from cops to judges and even bouncers in clubs...nothing sweeter than a prick getting thrown out of a bar because he couldn't calm himself down when bouncers intervened.

I'm calmer than calm instantly with 'authority' it confuses cops especially, big smile soft spoken words, and if I'm dealing with a grumpy cop I gently dish their own phrases back at them like "you seem agitated" then "you having a bad day fella?" but I studied and enjoyed method acting at high school so find it actually fun to BS my way out of things.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
While there are real cases of discrimination, I despise people weaponizing racism or sexism to win in situations. A major problem is that sjws teach that people of color and their "lived experience" should always be believed. This sets up these exact kinds of situations. We need to have a public conversation about such situations.

On a similar note, at work there is the most toxic, cutthroat woman you've ever met. When she finally got confronted she pulled the sexism card. It was infuriating and manipulative.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I agree. There should be consequences in many of these situations.
a reply to: Asktheanimals

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed
People are uncomfortable with the police for many reasons. Let's not pretend that this video vindicates the police.

I do think she over reacted though.

Let's focus on THIS case ok slappy?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

you can name call, claim "police wannabe" and cry "o poor me the record prevents me from getting a good job" till your blue in the face.

The cold hard facts are these.

One...if you CHOOSE to do something to get a police record to the point it greatly effects your job prospects then THATS ON YOU.
Last I checked a few tickets, a minor misdemeanor, or other MINOR mistakes limits little in the real world.
the ONLY EXCEPTIONS are drug offences (yes pot is a FEDERAL ILLEGAL DRUG) can limit some jobs , security clearances and military service.
Also some jobs that require a HIGHER level of integrity (like cops, firefighters, emts, teachers, ect) other crimes of a minor nature can effect it as well.
Felonies, well no duh.
so again if you CHOOSE to break the law then you are responsible for the outcome.

two...your OPINION of how fair some laws are is IRRELEVANT.
in fact your , mine, the pope, or even a congressman will LOOSE trying to debate that on the side of the road.
dont like the laws, go to your representatives and convince them to change it.
again YOUR OPINION doesnt mean a damn thing and wont win a court case.

third she ran to social media and gave a sob story with what she claimed was "facts"
the police body cam (you know that thing everyone demands they get) showed most of what she said WAS FALSE, exaggerated, and a few outright lie.

in fact she went to social media first instead of filing a complaint.
hmmmmmm

and last.
YOUR OPINION is that he is unprofessional.
you have offered NO PROOF be it state law, department policies, or court cases he was unprofessional.
just "i say he was unprofessional" and that should be good enough.
the ONLY FACT you gave was a comment he made that was not perfect.
but hardly in and of itself negate all he did and in fact was controlled comment to someone being a racist jerk.

if you expect total non reaction I bet you complain he was "cold and uncaring".

but unless you can provide PROOF of his being unprofessional by legal or other standards other than your own then you have nothing to hang your hat on.

BTW do you have any law enforcement training?
hmmmmm
scrounger

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join