It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another self-victimizing liar puts Police Officers at risk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Dawn Hilton-Williams was pulled over by Brunswick Sheriffs for going 15 MPH over the posted speed limit. The level of self-victimization in this video is incredible, especially the Deputy's body cam footage which disputes her claims of racism and disproves her entire narrative.

Clearly, signing a ticket is merely promising to appear. This allows the officer to release you on your own recognizance, vs. bringing you before a magistrate for arraignment. The fact she was initially unwilling to sign the citation meant she was refusing to promise to appear in court, which would've prevented the deputy from OR'ing her (which allows her to go free after the arrest)

The deputy was professional, and handled the situation well - nothing like what Ms. Williams claimed. Police Officers are being murdered in the streets & wrongfully demonized because of liars like her.

www.youtube.com...

^Another great video by Donut Operator

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm appalled that people who lie this way are never punished. Her supporters will say "It's still true, racism is everywhere blah blah blah". They are willing to overlook these indiscretions because it serves their larger agenda.

Same goes for unwarranted rape and sexual assault allegations; they are often enough to ruin one's reputation and career. Like Tawana Brawley or the Duke rape case they later reveal it never happened. Those half a mil $ legal fees sure as hell happened, people screaming obscenities at them, papers splashing headlines with your name sure happened.

Those who make such accusations should bear the same punishment the person would have if it were true. This has become some kind of liberal sport leaving innocent casualties by the wayside because it helps their agenda.

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't know what you mean, this video shows clear racism.

Dawn Hilton-Williams is a raciest AF.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The officer should go after her for slander.

These idiots need to start being taken to task for their blatantly false claims and lies against individuals, not matter what the profession. If you are going to fake-cry on the internet for all to see over something that didn't happen the way that you claim it did, you have earned a day in court to back up your claims.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There should be a system for punishing people who lie like this and spread it all over the internet. I watched the whole video, I did not see a thing wrong with what the cop did. He was just stern enough, and his explanation of what happens if a person does not sign the ticket was pretty damn good, I expect if I was to refuse signing like she did multiple times, I would be in cuffs in the police car. She did not dispute her speed, she said there were no signs. I guess to satisfy these black people like her we need to post speed limit signs every quarter mile. The majority of black people are not like her though.

I have used the I did not know the speed limit because I did not see the sign before sort as a way to show I was not aware so the cop might give me a break, I then would say I screwed up and most times I got off with just a warning. I never challenged a cop when I was confronted by one, I acted respectful, going to court and contesting the ticket is the best way if you feel you were inappropriately given a ticket. I did contest parking tickets before and fix it tickets, the fines were dropped if you had a good reason most times and fixed the light or blinker right away and had the cop inspect it.
edit on 14-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
People are uncomfortable with the police for many reasons. Let's not pretend that this video vindicates the police.

I do think she over reacted though.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I agree, there are plenty of people in my country who are dicks to cops because you can get away with over here.
Don't get me wrong, back in the 80's most police were dicks, beatings were commonplace and trumped up charges, but these days with professional training, university degree holding constables, CCTV in the police car, body cams, everywhere at the police station, they are all polite and decent folk now, in my experience.
It is good to see videos showing the hard time cops also get, no way would I want to be a cop.
I met one recently in town the other day, he said he was so glad he won his transfer from The Met (London) to Devon & Cornwall constabulary, reckoned he was scared every day in London, but loves walking the beat here.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
He was unprofessional, and she is stupid.

You can explain the signing process better than "I'm gonna pull you out of the car and arrest you and take your car!" that, and the cocky "I knew you would sign it" line was pretty unprofessional and cocky.

Putting officers at risk is going a little dramatic imo.

She failed to know the process of a traffic ticket, he failed to explain it.

It's not taught in school, or drivers ed, or the dot.

Everyone is just supposed to know the process.

We need cops with half a brain cell that don't get all butthurt and feel their authority is challenged at every interaction.

People are in all kinds of mental states and have varying degrees of knowledge of law, if you can't understand this, you shouldn't even be a cop.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

This is a pretty vile person, but the lack of training, screening, physical readiness, and pay are what put our officers at risk.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I saw clear signs of racism, just not from the officer.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

He did. Sign your name and you are on your way. He gave her the option. Then she signed it. BFD....

She is crying over a speeding ticket? She even says she does not listen to people who tell her what to do....

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yeah, as long as there are zero consequences and at Least a 50/50 chance to get away with it, they have nothing to lose and will keep doing it.

Maybe someone should go teach her a lesson. Send the message that these incidents will not be tolerated any more than any other racist action.

I just wanna take this opportunity to remind everyone:

Racism (against Whites) is Alive And Well in This Country! Now what are we going to do to make sure something like this NEVER happens again?? Racism has to be totally 100% eradicated, remember? So, clearly we have to enact a more strict law. And blacks need to be reminded of their sin so they don't do this ever again.

This man's life, and by extension, that of his family, could have been destroyed by this little stunt! And all he was doing was trying to enforce law and maintain order for his community.

Come on where's the outrage??

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

BFD?

I never said it was.

You don't think he could have instructed her on the process a little better?

Yeah, she is a drama queen for making a youtube about it.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
In almost all these cases that have gone viral, they almost always start with the person failing to STFU.

I've been pulled over more times than I'd like. In every case, I simply STFU. Here is my license, registration, and insurance. Even if I think the stop is BS, give me my ticket and I can fight it after the fact.

Arguing with a cop on the side of the road never ends well.

Many black folks love to use racism as an excuse for taking personal responsibility for a situation. It is a hustle for some people.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

The deputy was professional, and handled the situation well - nothing like what Ms. Williams claimed. Police Officers are being murdered in the streets & wrongfully demonized because of liars like her.

I didn't just finish watching a video of a cop beating the # out of a teenager.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think she is just unedumakated and thought by signing, she was admitting to guilt.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

All I know is that the image of British police that I have in my head stems from "Hot Fuzz"

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It depends what the cop is doing and how well you know the law. Being rude for the sake of rudeness doesn't work well though.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Not at all. I saw nothing he did wrong and trust me I had my nose broken by two over zealous cops for nothing. I was in a room with someone else who was arrested. One looked and me and said do you have a problem. The second one hit me. peppered me and they both took me down. While down they kneed my in the nose and broke it. They 'thanked' me on the ride in because both came back from vacation and wanted to beat some ass. True story. I know bad cops.

This guy. A traffic stop. Sign it and move on. The whole "I am afraid of cops" line is bs....like the Starbuck buddies. When keeping it real goes wrong...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You can explain the signing process better than "I'm gonna pull you out of the car and arrest you and take your car!" that, and the cocky "I knew you would sign it" line was pretty unprofessional and cocky.

He did explain it better than that. "If you refuse to sign the summons at this point I'm gonna have to get you outside of the car and place you under arrest."

Misquoting somebody to spin their comments into a form that more suits your narrative is pretty poor form.

No, he didn't. It's a pretty short process: sign the ticket, or don't. If you don't, you get arrested. End of process.

We need cops with half a brain cell that don't get all butthurt and feel their authority is challenged at every interaction.

That we do. This was a good example of one of them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join