It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Another bomb set off in Surabaya in Indonesia outside police HQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Breaking - Another bomb following the church suicide bombings yesterday in Surabaya outside police HQ

My love to our Indonesian neighbours at this terrible time.

will update as I can

There has been another attack in Indonesia's second-largest city of Surabaya. A car bomb exploded at 8:50am local time at the police headquarters. A number of officers were injured. It comes after a family of six launched suicide attacks on Christians attending Sunday services.

abc australia - surabaya breaking news
Note the above link now contains a graphic image

Edit: Time line - Sunday 13th May morning - 3 suicide attacks on 3 churches by a family including 4 children aged 9 - 18. Killing at least 13 victims.
Evening - Apartment explosion kilometres away, killing at least 3 people
Monday 14th May morning - car bomb explodes outside police HQ also in Surabaya

The car bomb has killed at least 7 people - Police have also made a link between the first two bombings - same type of explosives used as well as the familial link between perpetrators
Jakarta Post - Police HQ bombed in Surabaya

Crikey.
edit on 13-5-2018 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2018 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sheesh

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Indonesia is a viscous ants nest... the largest Muslim population in the world

Having been to Bali a couple of times in my younger years (you couldn't pay me to go back) I warn friends now to second think going over there for a holiday

Bali's the absolute prime place for a large scale attack against western tourists... all drunk, fat, lazy... drinking alcohol and whoring balinese girls in a very muslim place awash with militants is dumb if you ask me.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Keep in mind these attacks were initiated by the prison riot:

www.atimes.com...

Sources close to police say the rioters, who claimed loyalty to Islamic State (ISIS), seized control of 88 firearms, including 59 assault rifles and 29 pistols, and a staggering 28,400 rounds of ammunition.

Indonesian police have had a sharp wake-up call following the May 9-10 riot by hard-core Islamic militants at a police detention center on the southern outskirts of Jakarta. The siege left five policemen brutally murdered and the terrorists in charge of enough weaponry to start a war.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There go them peace loving Muslims again.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Indonesia is a viscous ants nest... the largest Muslim population in the world

Having been to Bali a couple of times in my younger years (you couldn't pay me to go back) I warn friends now to second think going over there for a holiday

Bali's the absolute prime place for a large scale attack against western tourists... all drunk, fat, lazy... drinking alcohol and whoring balinese girls in a very muslim place awash with militants is dumb if you ask me.

Around 1 million Aussies visit Indo each year, if they wanted us dead they would have no problem getting the job done, perhaps they are just lazy.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I thought the majority of Balinese were Buddhist?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Bali isn't predominantly Muslim, it's Hindu.
edit on 14-5-2018 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

sorry i should have said ''indonesia'' and not specified Bali

Islam is the most adhered religion in Indonesia, with 87.2% of Indonesian population identifying themselves as Muslim in 2010 estimate.[1][2] Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the world, with approximately 225 million Muslims.

In terms of denomination, absolute majority adheres to Sunni Islam, while there are around one million Shias (0.5%), who are concentrated around Jakarta,[3] and about 400,000 Ahmadi Muslims (0.2%)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

It's fine there. They pardon extremist leaders who instigate terrorist acts, and shoot people with a few k of smack. No questions asked.

Dada = death.

Terrorism = Pardon because it's ramadan.

top topics

join