It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching History Channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Funny, the south all "We not racist, just a few KKK members, we never acted like that, it was just a few radicals." Well, The Government of the State of Mississippi ordered a white man who was trying to make a college for blacks to leave the state or die. He refused, the state sent agents to kill him, he was beaten, but lived. The state then sent agents out to find him, thankfully the hospital kept him in the attic so he wasn't found and finished off.

Dillon Beckworth shoots and kills a black man, who obstructs justice to keep him out of jail in two trials? State of Mississippi.

A woman is said to have a mix baby, so the state sends people to check the baby, when found to be a mixed, given a warning, 24hrs or die.

Hmmm, seems more then just a few wackos now doesn't it? Seems more then just the KKK sheetheads nutos, but an entire state Government. Anyways, just though it was funny cause you always hear "It wasn't the whole south, just a few wackos and nut cases." and yet it appears it was entire states.(Mississippi isn't the only one to do this) If no one replies but reads and learns something that is good enough.

Vernon Dahmer, a white man who tried to help blacks register to vote, what whappnes? State mysteriously has the banks change his credit, so his house, farm equipment, all never paid. He would send a check, nope, sent it back. They had his bank account emptied, he never got his money back. Then the state gives the KKK the address to Vernon and when to kill him. Then, in tiral, the state agains tampers with a jury/trial.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is sick considering we're living in the 21st century.

I dont think making a college for all blacks is a good idea. We want to promote equality. By creating a school for blacks we're just segregating them again!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
this is so sad we cant we already look past of differences jesus makes me mad to read something like this sterolize the south of its racil people lol or seomthing too bad it would be illegal but yes its the year 2005 people not the 1800's go grow up and get a life.

If everyone smoked the bong like cheech and chong we'd all get along

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
This is sick considering we're living in the 21st century.

James said he was watching the History Channel. How recent were these events? They sound like they occured in the late 1800's - early 1900's when racism, and corruption, were common not just in the "South", but throughout the U.S. (The "South" certainly had its share of corruption, though.) Stories like these are indeed sickening, whether they happened 1 or 100 years ago.

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
I dont think making a college for all blacks is a good idea. We want to promote equality. By creating a school for blacks we're just segregating them again!

Agreed. We will never have a colorblind society as long as different races continue to segregate themselves. We shouldn't force people to integrate, mind you, but we shouldn't force them to segregate either.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
No, 1970's. Not early 1900's, but late 1960's-early 1970's. But yes, figured HISTORY channel would have made it known that it wasn't recent.

But Still like to point out that you get the "We weren't like that, it was just a few idiots in sheets." Yet an entire state was doing this, the GOVERNMENT of the state, not a few nutjobs in the state, but the state. And doubt they were the only state with this going on.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If you do your homework on Mississippi and not just get all your info from the History Channel you will see that Mississippi did not abolish slavery until the 1990's(actually took the law off the books that allowed people to own people). The level of hatred towards blacks in Mississippi was 10 times worse than in the rest of the south I believe. I am from Georgia and the stories here are nothing compared to Mississippi.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You mean the "deep" south was worse then the rest.(No duh, why they were called the deep south, to seperate the rest of the south) Florida? Nothing like the deep south. Virginia, NC/SC, nothing like the Deep South.

But that I did not know... not until the 1990's was it stricken from the law books?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
May have been late late 80's....and 1980's i do mean...but pretty sure it was in the 1990's because I saw a 60 minutes story on it I do believe. They acted as if it was one of those crazy laws that just never got changed because they thought they wouldn't have to enforce it....like where I live a woman cannot wear red shoes on Cherry St.......old law from the 1800's where the majority of prostitutes wore red shoes....so by banning the shoes they would ban the prostitutes.....great logic......

I agree Florida is not the south but it is the Redneck Riviera.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ban red shoes to get rid of prostitutes? Like banning bongs to get rid of weed, doesn't work.

top topics

join