It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has John McCain died in secret?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I really doubt his passing would be withheld. Given his term of service, he will be honored not hidden.

McCain being honored and withholding his actual death until after the cutoff to protect his seat are two entirely different issues. He no doubt will be honored as a statesman. However, don't think for one minute that the political elites aren't scheming to figure out how to protect his seat if he dies prior to the 21st.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: IAMTAT

I really do like Meghan McCain...and she is nothing like her dad.

I am not familiar with her at all and so have nothing to base any notions on. I will take yours to heart for the time being until I make my own impressions.

I can imagine that premature notice of death being posted would generate some measure of headaches for the one so subjected.

I know also how hard it is to have a family member in poor health and so am not without a modicum of mercy for that aspect.

I am sorry to say, though, that I would not put something like this past the people whom McCain has sided with during his political career.

a reply to: Bigburgh

Yeah, that was in the OP. I'm looking for an appearance by John.

I agree he's a pos...and he hangs with the like.
Hopefully, when he's room-temp...they'll all hang after he's gone.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Oops... apologies, somehow I missed that link.

Thanks.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I would think that could back fire but given politics it is possible. People are letting politicians get away with darn near anything.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

No worries man, i hope i didn't come across dickish with that response, not my intention at all.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Not at all

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I know this is horrible and please forgive me, but all this thread makes me think of is John McCain dead and them dragging him around from place to place like Weekend at Bernie's while they have him wearing sunglasses and a "Maverick!" t-shirt.
edit on 10-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Looking at google news, I see something interesting about the headlines when searching "mccain"

McCain May Be the 'Conscience of the Senate.' Is Anybody Listening?
New York Times-2 hours ago
WASHINGTON — For more than three decades, Senator John McCain, who was brutally tortured as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, has been a powerful and persuasive voice in Congress on matters of interrogation and the conduct of war. But in the twilight of his career, as he battles brain cancer at his ...
Who is Kelly Sadler? Cindy McCain Hits Back at White House Aide ...
Newsweek-1 hour ago
Even from afar, John McCain raises his voice against torture
PBS NewsHour-9 hours ago
John McCain's Family Outraged After White House Official Mocks ...
PEOPLE.com-1 hour ago
The Daily 202: Why John McCain opposes Gina Haspel leading the ...
Opinion-Washington Post-13 hours ago
McCain unlikely to tank Trump's CIA pick
In-Depth-Politico-2 hours ago

Story image for mccain from Washington Post
John McCain is poking Trump where it hurts this week
Washington Post-7 hours ago
President Trump has given us plenty of opportunities to learn how sensitive he is to criticism. And Trump seems particularly sensitive to his chief Republican antagonist in the Senate, Sen. John McCain (Ariz.). The president still hasn't forgotten that night almost a year ago when McCain gave a thumbs-down ...
McCain: Obama called to thank me for voting against ObamaCare repeal
The Hill-13 hours ago
In new book, McCain warns of end to era of 'American-led world order'
Stars and Stripes-5 hours ago
McCain: Obama Thanked Me for My Vote to Save Obamacare
Highly Cited-Daily Beast-13 hours ago

I think the media is already trying to canonize him.

The Vox article in the OP is from April and it mentions that McCain has not been in the capital since December. I've been unable to find anything on him any time after that.

His wife's tweet was from March. There were questions then.
edit on 10-5-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: s

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Ummmm........WOW what a weird thing to think of. I like the man but that is kinda funny

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Please continue in the existing thread.

Please keep anything born of the "Q" topic in that thread. Spinoffs not allowed. Also posting private U2U's is never allowed even if the source is not named. Private is private. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join